Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Season 5 - game reports A+B  (Read 2538 times)

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
Season 5 - game reports A+B
« on: December 28, 2014, 12:47:21 am »

AdamH 3.5 games, A Drowned Kernel 2.5 games

I've been taking quite the break from Dominion for the holidays and here were are with my premier match in the B division. I hope I don't embarrass myself too badly. 3.5 wins is certainly good enough to call not embarrassing, so I'll take it  :)

Link to entire Twitch stream
Link to YouTube Video Playlist

Game 1: AdamH 10, ADK 12
Game Log     Twitch Highlight     YouTube Video
Kingdom Cards: Herbalist, Pawn, Forager, Familiar, Cache, City, Haggler, Harvest, Knights, Merchant Guild, with Shelters

So ADK goes for Familiar and I don't, that's the main difference here. I don't go all-in for Forager trashing as early as I could have and in the end I pay for it. The jury is still out on whether or not Familiar is worth it here. I'd say we both had pretty bad draws this game.

Game 2: AdamH 16, ADK 9
Kingdom Cards: University, Ambassador, Develop, Moneylender, Butcher, Count, Journeyman, Saboteur, Stash, Upgrade

Super-interesting board with Ambassador at the center. ADK gets a really unfortunate 5/2 opening and I manage to stay ahead for most of the game as a result, but there's a lot of really interesting and constructive discussion in the chat for this game, so thanks to Stef and WW for that.

Game 3: ADK 48, AdamH 31
Kingdom Cards: Crossroads, Alchemist, Death Cart, Baker, Counting House, Festival, Merchant Ship, Minion, Mint, Tactician

Both ADK and I get pretty fortunate draws here; double-Tac is the way to go, but I misplay things pretty terribly and do basically nothing for two turns and that costs me dearly.

Game 4: ADK 26, AdamH 38
Kingdom Cards: Moat, Native Village, Great Hall, Swindler, Scavenger, Treasure Map, Wandering Minstrel, Council Room, Rogue, Prince, with Shelters

If this board doesn't make you think Prince is a good card, I don't know what will. With no trashing, Prince is the only way to make sure you can reliably kick off. I'm able to line up my Prince with attractive targets while ADK can't manage to do so, and Swindler makes things swingy as always.

Game 5: AdamH 42, ADK 25
Kingdom Cards: Philosopher's Stone, Bureaucrat, Cutpurse, Spy, Counting House, Stash, Tactician, Witch, Expand, Peddler

Not much going on here, ADK goes for Phil Stones and I don't, and he greens a little early so I win comfortably.

Game 6: ADK 36, AdamH 36
Kingdom Cards: Poor House, University, Lookout, Scheme, Feast, Spice Merchant, Cartographer, Counterfeit, Harvest, Hunting Party

Not much to say about this one other than Hunting Party+Counterfeit.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 09:55:55 pm by AdamH »
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
Re: Partial results
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 12:45:10 pm »

So I played a match with WanderingWinder. Unfortunately there was a problem with my internet and the stream wasn't watchable, so people watched WW's stream instead. I have no highlights or chat, but instead a bunch of sadness where that should be.

Fortunately, I feel good that I got away from this match with 2.5 out of 6 points, WW is a very strong player. I also got to have a decent chat with him during the game and he listened to me whine about game 5 where he played a better strategy than me an made appropriate shuffle luck for it.

Game 1: WW wins     Game log

Game 2: tie     Game log

Game 3: Adam wins     Game log

Game 4: WW wins     Game log

Game 5: WW wins     Game log

Game 6: Adam wins     Game log
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 11:45:36 pm by AdamH »

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Season 5 - game reports A+B
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 01:38:04 pm »

Adam will post the twitch stream later I am sure.  We were able to skype so I didn't bother to stream it myself (plus I had some minor technical difficulties that I need to address)

Game 1: Adam first, Adam wins  (kingdom submitted for League Championship match so if you are in the running for that don't look at this game)

Game 2: E first, E wins

Game 3: E first, E wins

Game 4: Adam first, Adam wins

Game 5: E first, E wins

Game 6: A first, Adam wins
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
Re: Season 5 - game reports A+B
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 09:54:16 pm »

I'll edit this post with a full report when I get to it:

Here's the unedited stream: http://www.twitch.tv/adamhorton/b/611823335

And I've attached the chat log.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 09:53:11 pm by AdamH »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.