Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A close one  (Read 881 times)

Epoch

• Tactician
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
A close one
« on: December 19, 2011, 11:52:12 am »

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201112/19/game-20111219-084349-0a453c64.html

This is a game that came down quite tightly -- if he hadn't bought the final Province on the turn he did, I probably would have won (maybe not, if he had bought a Duchy, but it ended with an 11 point victory for him, and I had the capacity for doing Monument -> Province).

We played fairly divergent strategies, and I'm wondering who made the best decision, since it felt like it could go either way.  He was planning on going Duke, but the game ended too soon.  I was hoping for some turns of 2x or 3x Monument, which never happened.

EDIT:  Hmm, I remembered my final hand as better than it actually was.  Hard to say if I'd have been able to buy the ultimate Province with that -- the possibility was there, with the HP and the Wishing Well to draw into more money, but definitely not guaranteed.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 11:55:07 am by Epoch »

kn1tt3r

• Minion
  • Respect: +278
    • View Profile
Re: A close one
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 01:08:00 pm »

In my oppinion this is a straight HP/Monument board with no chance for Duchy/Duke kind of things. You might skip Gold for Festival, but that's the only adaption I'd make.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 20 queries.