Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Dominion: Progress (Alpha) (updated July 6th!)  (Read 10749 times)

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +364
    • View Profile
Dominion: Progress (Alpha) (updated July 6th!)
« on: December 16, 2014, 02:11:13 pm »
+1

Themes: Adjustment to opponent, bottom-of-deck, mass effects

Flavor of the themes: Knowledge, social change, technology

Dominion: Progress

Stamp Collector – Action -
+1 Buy
+
Set aside any number of differently named action cards. Play them in any order.

Populist – Action/Attack -
Gain 2 coppers. Each other player gains an estate and a curse.

Farmer – Action -
+1 Card
+
You may play a Farmer from your hand.

Monk – Action/Reaction -
+1 Card
+1 Action
--------
When another player buys a treasure, you may reveal this card from your hand and trash it. If you do, gain a Reformer from the Reformer pile.

Reformer – Action -
Return this card to the Reformer pile.
Trash your hand. For each card you trashed, you may gain a card costing up to more.
-----
This card is not in the supply.

Economist – Action/Reaction -
Choose 1: Gain two cards costing up to each; +1 Action and all cards in the supply cost $1 less until your buy phase.

Secret Council – Action -
+
The player to your left names a card costing at least $3. Reveal your hand. If the card named is not in your hand, +2 Cards.

Superstitious Village – Action/Attack –
+1 Card
+2 Actions
Each other player may trash a card from his hand. If he doesn't, he gains a curse.

Discovery – Action/Duration -
Gain an action card and set it aside. At the start of your next turn: Play it.
---
While this is in play, at the start of his turn each other player may play an action card from his hand as if it was the card you set aside with this. If they do, it is that card until it leaves play.

Playwright – Action -
+1 Card
+1 Action
Name a price. Reveal the bottom card of your deck. If the card costs the price you named, put it into your hand.

Innovator – Action –
+
Each other player draws two cards and puts a card from his hand on the bottom of their deck.

Censor – Action/Attack -
+3 Cards
Each other player with 5 or more cards reveals his hand and discards a card you choose, then places the rest on the bottom of his deck in any order. He may then draw 4 or 6 cards.

Congress – Action -
+1 Card
+2 Actions
Do this twice: Look at the bottom card of your deck, then discard it or put it on top of your deck.

Revolution – Action/Attack -
+
Name a non-victory card in the supply. Each other player gains a copy of it. You gain a non-victory card costing up to more.

Groundskeeper – Action -
+1 Card
+1 Action
+
Choose one: set aside a card from your discard pile, discarding it after you next re-shuffle your deck, or shuffle your discard pile and put it on the bottom of your deck.

Printing Press – Action -
+4 Cards
Reveal the bottom card of your deck. If it is an action card, gain a copy of it. Put a card from your hand on the bottom of your deck.

Caravel – Action/Duration -
This turn and next turn: +1 Buy and +
Next turn: put a card from your discard pile into your hand.

Anatomist - Action -
+1 Action
Trash the top card of your deck. Gain a card costing up to more than the trashed card.

Royal Society – Victory/Reaction -
Worth 1 VP per 3 Science chips you have.
----
When you buy a card with this in your hand, you may discard this and a treasure card. If you do, gain a science chip.

Innovator image: http://www.studenthandouts.com/01-Web-Pages/01-Picture-Pages/10.07-Industrial-Revolution/Richard-Arkwright-English-Inventor-Painting-by-Joseph-Wright-of-Derby-1790.jpg
Revolution image: http://www.bc.edu/bc_org/avp/cas/fnart/art/19th/belgian/wappers02.jpg
Congress image: http://72.32.58.69/img/oldPaintingCongress.jpg
Anatomist image: http://www.zhurnal.ru/staff/gorny/pics/max/von-Max_Der-Anatom.jpg
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 08:40:49 pm by XerxesPraelor »

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4434
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion Progress (my main fan set)
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 03:35:02 pm »

I like a lot of these! A few comments, mainly critical ones:

Stamp Collector – Action - $2
+1 Card
Reveal your hand. +1 action per differently named action you revealed that does not have a copy in play.

The number of +actions you get here seems a little fiddly and annoying-to-calculate to me. Also it has the problem of not knowing how many +actions you're going to end up with since you draw first (see the Secret History of Crossroads), but since you only one card maybe that's not such a big deal. That said, this looks a lot weaker than that Secret History version of Crossroads, which suggests it's too weak for a $2.

Demagogue – Action/Attack - $2
Gain a card costing up to $2. Reveal your hand. If it contains no victory cards, gain an estate and each other player gains an estate, a curse, and a copper.

That's some mighty strong junking there. Probably way too strong on boards with $2 cantrips or like Fool's Gold or something.

Monk – Action/Reaction - $3
+1 Card
+1 Action
--------
When another player buys a treasure, you may reveal this card from your hand and trash it. If you do, gain a Reformer from the Reformer pile.

This sounds like an irritating event to have to remember to React to, but maybe not?

Economist – Action/Reaction - $3
+$1
+1 Buy
At the beginning of another player's buy phase, you may reveal your hand and discard this card. If you revealed a copy of the card they played last, discard it and +4 cards.

This too—you don't even know when the beginning of another player's buy phase is necessary. If someone plays a bunch of cantrips and then plays a Silver, have you already missed your chance?

Secret Council – Action - $3
+2 Cards
Set aside any number of cards.
The player to your left names a card. Reveal your hand. If the card named is in your hand, put it on the bottom of your deck. Otherwise, +$3.
Discard the set aside cards.

Why not just discard them to begin with?

Superstitious Village – Action – $3
+1 Card
+2 Actions
Each other player may trash a card from his hand. If he doesn't, he gains a curse.

Not an Attack? Interesting...

Discovery – Action/Duration - $4
Gain an action card, putting it on top of your deck. Place a copy of it on the Discovery mat.
Next turn: Discard the copy from the Discovery mat.
---------
While this is in play, at the beginning of his turn, each other player may play a card from his hand as if it were a card from the Discovery mat until it leaves play.

Seems really strong for your opponents.... Based on the wording of cards like Prince and King's Court, this is giving your opponents a free play of the card plus one action, whereas you're only getting the card in hand with potential terminal collision and whatnot.

Censor – Action/Attack - $5
+3 Cards
Each other player with 5 or more cards reveals his hand and discards a card you choose, shuffles the rest, and places them at the bottom of his deck. He may then draw any number of cards up to 6.

This sounds really time-consuming to resolve.

Revolution – Action/Attack - $5
+$2
Name a card in the supply. Each other player gains a copy of it. You gain a card costing up to $2 more.

Oh, this is fun. Could make Lighthouse a serious liability. Maaaybe shouldn't let you gain Victory cards (cf. Talisman, Haggler, Jester)—it seems a bit much to play this to gain the last Province, since who cares if you hand out Gold to everyone else at that point.

Groundskeeper – Action - $5
+1 Card
+$1
Discard a card.
Choose one: set aside up to 3 cards from your discard pile, discarding them after you next re-shuffle your deck, or shuffle your discard pile and put it on the bottom of your deck.

I don't really like terminal +1 card, or terminal +card and +$ on the same Action, without a good reason for it.

Exploration Ship – Action/Duration - $5
This turn and next turn: +1 Buy and +$1

There must be a better name than "Exploration Ship".

Royal Society – Victory/Reaction - $6
----
When you buy a card with this in your hand, you may over-pay for it. If you do, discard this card and gain a science chip.

How does this interact with Guilds cards? If you pay $7 for Masterpiece and reveal Royal Society, do you get 4 Silvers and a science chip, 4 Silvers and no science chip, or 3 Silvers and a science chip? (I think probably the first one, but I can't really tell.)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 07:39:28 pm by AJD »

ben_king

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: ben.king
  • formerly grsbmd
  • Respect: +612
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 03:44:59 pm »

Superstitious Village – Action – $3
+1 Card
+2 Actions

What if you had the other player gain the curse in hand?  That way, it's harder to use this card for a pin, since they could discard the curse the second time.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 02:07:18 pm »

Yesterday I tested Secret Council. It worked well with moneylender, and is definitely not overpowered at $3, but it seems a little underpowered, especially when there is no trashing. Still quite fun to play with - trying to figure out whether to discard coppers or not is entertaining. It brings in yomi-which some people probably don't like, but I think it's also pretty good at encouraging diversity, even though it doesn't explicitly mention "differently-named cards".

Anyone have a suggestion on which to test next? I'm thinking about doing monk-reformer.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion: Progress (updated 12/20!)
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 01:53:07 pm »

I did some testing of these cards: Superstitious Village is rather bad without multiples for some important purpose, so I don't think it needs to be boosted to $4 - I'll see later on a different board if that is still the case. I get the impression it could dominate some boards.

Innovator is really, really powerful. For now I will double the benefit it gives to others to nerf it a bit - it's still worrying.

Congress, I'm told, is fun and seems balanced. No changes here.

Anatomist is also extremely powerful, like Innovator, but not as worrying. It's very inconsistent - if it hits a copper it's a worse mine - but its stats if you happen to hit the right thing are better than Expand. I'm boosting it to $6, but it plays rather well.

Caravel's useful as +Buy for decks that don't draw themselves, and its second effect is very powerful but doesn't overshadow its primary purpose to be reliable +Buy. I'm happy with it.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion: Progress (updated 1/18!)
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2015, 07:53:24 am »
+2

Tested these some more recently.

Stamp Collector needs more differentiation from the other villages in this set, so I'm contemplating the new version, but the base mechanic works well.

Monk/Reformer is as dramatic an effect as I had hoped. One game I played I managed to reform all my coppers into Fool's Gold. I'm keeping it as-is.

Superstitious Village is weaker than Village, but I don't think too much more. The rapid trashing it brings about changes the game greatly, especially when part of an engine, but the future curses don't matter as much as the trashing power the other player receives.

Playwright takes too long to resolve. Changing it to a price-based wishing well at $4 hopefully will fix that. It's weak for me, but I suppose it may be different for better players like it is with Wishing Well.

Innovator is now balanced and fun as everyone's decks are sped up, but it works great.

Censor - kind of like rabble, but subtler. Potentially very powerful.

Revolution - nothing new, board-dependent and makes the worst kingdom cards used.

Anatomist - still quite powerful at $6, but not game-overpowering.

shmeur

• Young Witch
  • I'm a Dominion card lol.
  • Respect: +115
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion: Progress (Alpha)
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 04:54:52 pm »
+1

The Secret Council mechanic is really cool.  Superstitious Village should be 4 because Village is 3, and it's an improvement upon it.  If you feel that it isn't strong enough to be raised, maybe add a tiny on-buy/on-gain effect?  Or, similarly, keep the price but make the on-buy/on-gain effect negative to offset it.  Caravel is cute too.
"I can move mountains; I can work a miracle."

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1886
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2015, 06:00:13 pm »
+2

The Secret Council mechanic is really cool.  Superstitious Village should be 4 because Village is 3, and it's an improvement upon it.  If you feel that it isn't strong enough to be raised, maybe add a tiny on-buy/on-gain effect?  Or, similarly, keep the price but make the on-buy/on-gain effect negative to offset it.  Caravel is cute too.

Superstitious Village isn't an upgrade to Village; it gives your opponents free trashing.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2015, 01:43:56 am »

Thanks! I still haven't tested it enough to make sure the mechanic works as intended (that's why this is still alpha), but I'm glad you like it. As Drab Emordilap pointed out, Superstitious Village may even be weaker than village because of the trashing it gives to your opponents, so I think it's okay at $3. Perhaps it needs a simple on-buy bonus.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5344
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 07:16:36 pm »
+1

I like Secret Council's idea and how it combines player interaction with encouraging a bit of variety, but doesn't one failed Secret Council usually mean all others you are playing will also fail? That's a bit like the Tournament problem, to be honest, even though obviously such Secret Councils are still terminal Silvers. Still, i think it harms this clever idea.

Playwright is also one i like, and i don't see any issues here. I like the idea of Royal Society to have a VP card that depends on what you do when you have it, and that it helps collect what makes it more valuable. No clue about its power level, though. I assume the amount of tokens you get is independent on how much you overpay, right? At least that's what i get from the wording.

I'm not really a fan of Superstitious Village. The fact that a bunch of those can either be incredibly helpful or incredibly nasty for an opponent depending on their shuffle luck is something that irks me. I guess it helps clean up your deck if you have been unlucky for a while, but it still strikes me as the kind of concept some player who didn't yet realize trashing can be good would come up with. I think Revolution is interesting, but why don't you allow opponents gaining Estates? Did you consider that too harsh? Hmm... I guess i can see it being that, especially when in the meantime you get +$2 and a card costing up to $4...

Edit: It seems there are several versions of Secret Council. I'm referring to the one in the OP.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 07:19:18 pm by Asper »

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 03:11:38 am »
+1

Economist sounds like it combos with itself way too good. Sure it's terminal, but still not that hard to play 2. And if you do, the second one gains you two $5 costs. Even without any reaction, that's very powerful for $3. And also the cost reduction works with TR/KC, unlike Princess or Highway, which is huge when the cost reduction is $2 instead of Bridge's $1. Also KC-Economist gains you 2 more KC.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 03:21:37 am by GendoIkari »
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2015, 05:59:12 am »
+1

Economist sounds like it combos with itself way too good. Sure it's terminal, but still not that hard to play 2. And if you do, the second one gains you two $5 costs. Even without any reaction, that's very powerful for $3. And also the cost reduction works with TR/KC, unlike Princess or Highway, which is huge when the cost reduction is $2 instead of Bridge's $1. Also KC-Economist gains you 2 more KC.

Thanks for the criticism. That is in fact one of the cards I have not playtested yet, so its poorer quality.

Do you think making it this would work?:

Choose one: Gain two cards costing up to $3; all cards cost $2 less than their printed cost until the end of the turn.

That way, the self-combo stays, but there's less mega-turn potential.

Asper: Thanks to you too. Your point about Secret Council is well-made, and I'm stumped to find a solution. I think it may be good enough, but it is a shame it nombos with itself so much. Superstitious Village has been playing a bit weak, but less swingy than you might think. Unless one has a stack of them, most players have at least one card in their hand they want to trash. It does matter a lot whose pile happens first though, which is swingy. I don't know, I think I'll keep it for now.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 06:06:07 am by XerxesPraelor »

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2015, 01:31:17 pm »

Thanks for the criticism. That is in fact one of the cards I have not playtested yet, so its poorer quality.

Do you think making it this would work?:

Choose one: Gain two cards costing up to $3; all cards cost $2 less than their printed cost until the end of the turn.

That way, the self-combo stays, but there's less mega-turn potential.

I don't think that's a good wording, because then you have undefined rules... what if you play a Highway and an Economist? Does Highway do anything at all, or does Economist setting a specific price override that? Also, you still have the issue that just playing 2 of these (or TR-Economist) gains you two cards, which is really good for a .

Also, check out Asper's Minister: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=9231.msg505428#msg505428. Same basic concept, though of course more powerful because you get both effects instead of it being a "choose one". But the discussion on that card should apply here as well.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5344
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2015, 02:10:31 pm »

Oops, i wasn't even aware of your Economist. I hope this doesn't come over like i'm stealing your ideas O__o

Either way, wouldn't a buy-less double-Bridge for $3 be fine on its own (if it wasn't for +buy-less kingdoms)?

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion: Progress (Alpha) (updated 7/4!)
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2015, 10:29:47 am »

Oops, i wasn't even aware of your Economist. I hope this doesn't come over like i'm stealing your ideas O__o
No worries. I think it's an obvious niche, which is why we both have cards to fill it. You can definitely see they're very different besides the same design niche.
Either way, wouldn't a buy-less double-Bridge for $3 be fine on its own (if it wasn't for +buy-less kingdoms)?
Yes, you're right, and GendoIkari is too. I have a new version to try to focus on the actual points of the card (synergy with gainers and mass gaining).

Demogogue has been updated. (The name as well has been changed to Populist to avoid conflict) It's a little simple, and with less possibility to be too strong.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 11:11:18 am by XerxesPraelor »

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion: Progress (Alpha) (updated 7/5!)
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2015, 12:11:04 am »

Some minor updates: many cards have been changed to be simpler.

Royal Society no longer uses the overpay mechanic, so you don't have rules confusion.

Groundskeeper is now a Peddler+ for $5 rather than a strange mix of vanilla bonuses.

Anatomist now just gains the card normally - there's no special connection between its use and the bottom-of-deck theme, and I have plenty of cards that deal with that theme.

As previously mentioned, Populist is now much simpler.

Censor now just gives two options for drawing.

Economist's reaction is gone - it may appear back later in some form.

This happened a while ago, but I didn't mention it: Stamp Collector now is easy to track and not a village.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 12:15:38 am by XerxesPraelor »

ChocophileBenj

• Minion
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion: Progress (Alpha) (updated 7/5!)
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2015, 09:01:02 am »

(you say 7/5, but do you say 2015/7/5 or 7/5/2015 ? ^^)

Populist – Action/Attack - $2
Way simpler like this ! But it can deplete piles too fast, especially in 3P and 4P games where the copper pile gets smaller.
I thought to "gain a silver" but it would be much stronger than Bureaucrat !

Farmer – Action - $2
+1 Card
+$1
You may play a Farmer from your hand.

New card ? :)
It's spamming time with that card ! Not an expert to judge, but it has much variancy in most games, so I'm mitigated.

+$2
The player to your left names a card costing at least $3. Reveal your hand. If the card named is not in your hand, +2 Cards.

terminal +$ +card doesn't exist yet in Dominion (except Pawn where it's 1 option among 6, Storage Room and Vault that causes you to discard for that) so... not sure how to react to this. Looks fine if it is acceptable.

Discovery – Action/Duration - $4
Gain an action card, putting it on top of your deck. Place a copy of it on the Discovery mat.
Next turn: Return the copy on the Discovery mat to the supply.
---------
While this is in play, at the beginning of his turn, each other player may play a card from his hand as if it were a card from the Discovery mat until it leaves play.
"play a card from his hand as if it were a card from the Discovery mat" : needs some rules clarifications. Plus it may be strong indeed ! I find it funny that when there are 2 copies left of a given card you can prevent them from getting the last card !

Playwright – Action - $4
+1 Card
+1 Action
Name a price. Reveal the bottom card of your deck. If the card costs the price you named, put it into your hand.
Better than Wishing Well, but not broken. OK !

Congress – Action - $5
+1 Card
+2 Actions
Do this twice: Look at the bottom card of your deck, then discard it or put it on top of your deck.
Fine ; looks weak in thinned decks (except for the village) but likeable otherwise.

+$2
Name a non-victory card in the supply. Each other player gains a copy of it. You gain a non-victory card costing up to $2 more.
Still not updated ? Sad...

Groundskeeper – Action - $5
+1 Card
+1 Action
+$1
Choose one: set aside a card from your discard pile, discarding it after you next re-shuffle your deck, or shuffle your discard pile and put it on the bottom of your deck.

Printing Press – Action - $5
+4 Cards
Reveal the bottom card of your deck. If it is an action card, gain a copy of it. Put a card from your hand on the bottom of your deck.

I don't like the randomisation effect...

Caravel – Action/Duration - $5
This turn and next turn: +1 Buy and +$1

Anatomist - Action - $6
+1 Action
Trash the top card of your deck. Gain a card costing up to $3 more than the trashed card.

Strength countered by randomness, OK ! But much randomness if you trash a province, there's one left in the supply and you're behind, or if -more annoying- you're still trashing your estates and coppers and hit an action that you won't be able to play !

----
When you buy a card with this in your hand, you may discard this and a treasure card. If you do, gain a science chip.

It's way too slow ! Maybe something such as "In games using this, when you buy a card you may discard 1 treasure card and gain 1 SC per card discarded".
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 09:03:17 am by ChocophileBenj »
Chocolate is like victory points in Dominion. Both taste good but they'll hurt you if you eat too much of it instead of something else in your early days.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion: Progress (Alpha) (updated July 6th!)
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2015, 09:55:49 am »

Populist – Action/Attack - $2
Way simpler like this ! But it can deplete piles too fast, especially in 3P and 4P games where the copper pile gets smaller.
I thought to "gain a silver" but it would be much stronger than Bureaucrat !
It's like IG in its rushiness, but the copper pile is still large enough that it tends not to run out.
+$2

terminal +$ +card doesn't exist yet in Dominion (except Pawn where it's 1 option among 6, Storage Room and Vault that causes you to discard for that) so... not sure how to react to this. Looks fine if it is acceptable.
I'm fine with breaking new ground, and I don't a particular reason why it would be a problem.

+$2
Name a non-victory card in the supply. Each other player gains a copy of it. You gain a non-victory card costing up to $2 more.
What changes would you like? I think it's fine as-is.

+4 Cards

You mean you think it's too random?

Anatomist - Action - $6
+1 Action
Trash the top card of your deck. Gain a card costing up to $3 more than the trashed card.

Strength countered by randomness, OK ! But much randomness if you trash a province, there's one left in the supply and you're behind, or if -more annoying- you're still trashing your estates and coppers and hit an action that you won't be able to play !
That's basically like swindler, so I'm fine with that.
----

It's way too slow ! Maybe something such as "In games using this, when you buy a card you may discard 1 treasure card and gain 1 SC per card discarded".
I still haven't tested this yet, so I'll report back when I do.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 10:05:00 am by XerxesPraelor »

ChocophileBenj

• Minion
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2015, 10:18:10 am »

+$2
What changes would you like? I think it's fine as-is.
Just the possibility of gaining victory cards for you.

+4 Cards

You mean you think it's too random?
Like jester, yes. But it's quite acceptable when you can play 2 of them in a row ! Also, I didnt see but drawing 4 alone is strong for 5 (even with the put back thing) and gain (barring ruins) can make it powerful for $5 !
Chocolate is like victory points in Dominion. Both taste good but they'll hurt you if you eat too much of it instead of something else in your early days.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2015, 11:22:02 am »
+1

Farmer is a very cool Peddler variant. Also the first ever +1 card terminal. I wonder how different it will play in games with+buy vs games without +buy. If that difference turns out to be bad, you could put +buy on Farmer and then cost it $3.

Co0kieL0rd

• Minion
  • Respect: +863
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2015, 07:55:29 pm »

It would be totally awesome if Monk was a Traveller instead of a Reaction who could be exchanged for a Reformer under similar conditions as the reaction part.
Check out my fan cards!
Dominion: Seasons - a small set Asper and I made that revolves around a unique and original mechanic
Roots and Renewal - this set is about interacting with the Supply and manipulating your opening turns
Flash cards - trying out a new concept

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2015, 09:52:58 pm »

It would be totally awesome if Monk was a Traveller instead of a Reaction who could be exchanged for a Reformer under similar conditions as the reaction part.

I don't want to disappoint you, but I think the parallelism with Hermit and Urchin makes it want to stay as is.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2015, 10:28:27 pm »

Revolution going Platinum for you, Colony for me is I think too strong.

Co0kieL0rd

• Minion
  • Respect: +863
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2015, 09:19:56 am »
+5

I made some mock-ups of the cards of yours I want to playtest. I adjusted the wording as needed to fit the style and requirements of the original cards. Their effects are the same. I didn't put much thought into the pictures, just wanted something recognisable. Of course, I'm gonna give you credit for the ideas. Enjoy and feel free to use them.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 06:28:00 pm by Co0kieL0rd »
Check out my fan cards!
Dominion: Seasons - a small set Asper and I made that revolves around a unique and original mechanic
Roots and Renewal - this set is about interacting with the Supply and manipulating your opening turns
Flash cards - trying out a new concept

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2015, 09:23:55 am »

Wow, thanks. That's awesome! I think I'll put these in the OP.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 21 queries.