Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Themed "challenge" boards  (Read 17321 times)

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
  • Respect: +1013
    • View Profile
Re: Themed "challenge" boards
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2014, 09:19:12 pm »
+1

Apothecary, Coppersmith, Counting House, Beggar, Moneylender, Ill-Gotten Gains, Cache, Cutpurse, Count... and... something?

Coppery board. Me likey.  I agree with the Mountebank suggestion because Grand Market would be near futile. I don't know if I'll be able to get the promos though, so is there something that can replace Cache?
Sure it's just a game. The same way that your best friend in the whole world is "just a friend".

TwitchYouTubeMusic

!!CHANGED MY USERNAME ON 2.0!!

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2014, 09:25:10 pm »

Apothecary, Coppersmith, Counting House, Beggar, Moneylender, Ill-Gotten Gains, Cache, Cutpurse, Count... and... something?

Coppery board. Me likey.  I agree with the Mountebank suggestion because Grand Market would be near futile. I don't know if I'll be able to get the promos though, so is there something that can replace Cache?
Cache isn't a promo.

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2014, 10:01:10 pm »

Cache isn't a promo.

I stand thoroughly corrected. I was thinking of Stash I guess.
Sure it's just a game. The same way that your best friend in the whole world is "just a friend".

TwitchYouTubeMusic

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2014, 12:08:27 am »

I just came up with a board that I like to call "so many". It basically tries to get as many different cards on the board as possible.

Tournament, Young Witch (bane: Hermit), Urchin, Grand Market, Bandit Camp, Cultist, Black Market (random), Knights, Alchemist, Fairgrounds

Plus Colony/Platinum AND Shelters. With the ten kingdom cards, plus one for the bane and nine for the extra knights, the seven base cards, plus Platinum/Colony and Potions, the three shelters, the five prizes, the four ruins, spoils, the two non-supply actions, and the fifteen Black Market cards, that comes out to... 60 unique cards. You'd never be able to get them all (unless you're Celestial Chameleon) but imagine playing a Fairgrounds on that.

Edit: Whoops! I forgot that you're only allowed to use Colony/Platinum if you have Prosperity cards in the kingdom. Goodbye Marauder, hello Grand Market.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 12:25:53 am by Elanchana »

TwitchYouTubeMusic

Amac

• Baron
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2014, 04:52:38 am »

Mountebank?

Grand Market.

These were the ones I thought of, but Mountebank at least gains copper, instead of giving copper a penalty. Although Cutpurse penalizes having copper as well.

Mountebank fits in better, still.

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2014, 09:56:05 am »

I just came up with a board that I like to call "so many". It basically tries to get as many different cards on the board as possible.

Tournament, Young Witch (bane: Hermit), Urchin, Grand Market, Bandit Camp, Cultist, Black Market (random), Knights, Alchemist, Fairgrounds

Plus Colony/Platinum AND Shelters. With the ten kingdom cards, plus one for the bane and nine for the extra knights, the seven base cards, plus Platinum/Colony and Potions, the three shelters, the five prizes, the four ruins, spoils, the two non-supply actions, and the fifteen Black Market cards, that comes out to... 60 unique cards. You'd never be able to get them all (unless you're Celestial Chameleon) but imagine playing a Fairgrounds on that.

Edit: Whoops! I forgot that you're only allowed to use Colony/Platinum if you have Prosperity cards in the kingdom. Goodbye Marauder, hello Grand Market.
You're "allowed" to use Colony/Platinum/Shelters whenever you want. Setup rules are just there to hel decide randomly.
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2014, 10:28:46 am »

You're "allowed" to use Colony/Platinum/Shelters whenever you want. Setup rules are just there to hel decide randomly.

Oh. Well, I kind of like GM in there anyway, it makes cycling slightly easier.

TwitchYouTubeMusic

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1379
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2014, 10:53:35 am »

We could further specify that the BM deck contains Trade Route, Embargo, Monument/Goons/Bishop, Native Village, Pirate Ship, Island and Butcher/Baker/Candlestick Maker/Plaza. Use ALL the random stuff in the game!
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.