Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Season 5 - game reports C  (Read 5083 times)

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
Season 5 - game reports C
« on: December 13, 2014, 07:40:58 am »
+2

My game against Joseph2302:

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Season 5 - game reports C
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 12:18:40 pm »
+1

My game against soulnet:

assemble_me

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: assemble me
  • Dominion stream/yt junkie
  • Respect: +807
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 04:57:03 pm »
+2

C3: Dunduks - assemble_me

Time to get some league matches in! I'm happy to be back in C and I would like to stay there this time. But, it's going to be pretty hard. From the last time I've been in C I've learned that everyone in C is awesome, so that's my new mantra here, meaning that I need to be focussed as hell and play at my very best to stand a chance against anyone. My ambitious goal for this season is to reach 15 points, because 14 still seem unsafe regarding demotion. But on the other hand, my feeling for Dominion isn't that great the last few weeks... Today I'm playing against Dunduks. It's our second league match. We met in D during season 2, I won 4-2.

Game 1

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20141222/log.50e7525ee4b0b5b74140a6c0.1419271636464.txt

Code: [Select]
Herbalist, Lighthouse, Pearl Diver, Masterpiece, Tunnel, Baron, Pirate Ship, Salvager, Harvest, Mine
Dunduks starts

My ingame comment on this one: "Crazy weak board". Not a lot to do. Baron could be okay but you rather want Masterpiece and then you don't really want Baron. So we both go for the Silver flood, both opening Salvager and Silver. Both our Salvagers miss the shuffle, but while he hits 6$ in turn 3 I only have 5/3 that shuffle and pick up a Harvest (!). My Salvager collides with Coppers only and then next time I don't want to play it at all, because I have 6$ for my first Gold. The game doesn't become more interesting, we're flooding Silvers, he gets points faster, a simple wire-to-wire victory for Dunduks in the end.

Dunduks wins

0-1

Game 2

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20141222/log.50e7525ee4b0b5b74140a6c0.1419272093666.txt

Pearl Diver, Village, Feast, Mining Village, Remake, Throne Room, Wandering Minstrel, Bazaar, Library, Pillage
assemble_me starts

This board really lacks +Buy and so we're both building something with Library, money and some support actions, both opening Remake/Silver. Again, both our opening terminals miss the shuffle. We're doing mostly the same, although I have some questionable decisions buying that Wandering Minstrel in turn 7 over Silver or Mining Village and not picking up Remake to trash Coppers in turn 11. The most important thing is probably that he has the opportunity to get a second Library where I don't. In the end, he remakes two Silvers into Feasts. I'm going for the penultimate Province and a six point lead hoping for a tie, but he has a great turn with Bazaar into Library for 8$ + Feast for Province + Duchy.
Oh yeah, maybe I could have picked up a Feast instead of my second Mining Village, although it's a close call I believe.

Dunduks wins

0-2

Game 3

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20141222/log.50e7525ee4b0b5b74140a6c0.1419272729962.txt

Crossroads, Fortune Teller, Masquerade, Scheme, Swindler, Bishop, Envoy, Island, Noble Brigand, Soothsayer
assemble_me starts

We both want Masqs and Soothsayers here. We're both opening Masq/Silver. While I'm picking up a Swindler during my second shuffle he goes for a second Masq. We're both adding Crossroads and the second Soothsayer. My Swindler doesn't do a lot for a long time because it always collides with my Soothsayers or Masqs, but as he starts adding Islands I can buy extra Golds and my first Province. Finally, we're in all green mode, my Swindler gives out a couple of curses and it looks like my extra Golds get the job done while he has a couple of bad turns in a row.

assemble_me wins

1-2

Game 4

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20141222/log.50e7525ee4b0b5b74140a6c0.1419273498509.txt

Smithy, Ghost Ship, Highway, Inn, Knights, Mountebank, Stables, Tribute, Vault, Hoard
Dunduks starts

A Mountebank board without trashing, he opens with 2/5. Well, that's not good. It's pretty hard for me to come back from there but I don't play fairly well either. My Inns aren't timed very well it seems, he also gets his Vault earlier. I'm losing the curse split 6-4. I'm picking up a Hoard which doesn't do a lot, he's getting a big points lead. The only thing I can say about this one: At least I tried.
I have to say, I would have been tempted to open Ghost Ship over Mountebank on 2/5. But maybe that's just bad.

Dunduks wins

1-3

Game 5

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20141222/log.50e7525ee4b0b5b74140a6c0.1419274239148.txt

Crossroads, Scrying Pool, Fishing Village, Steward, Urchin, Golem, Bandit Camp, Merchant Ship, Rebuild, Wharf
Dunduks starts

Ye olde Fishing Village / Whare engine. He opens Fishing Village/Steward on 4/3 where I go for Wharf/Crossroads on 5/2. Neither of us takes a lot of time for trashing even though he has extra Stewards. I'm trashing two times where probably my second time should have been Steward for draw instead. We're splitting Wharves 5-5 but he can start greening earlier. I don't have a lot of money, so I have to build a bit more there, adding extra Bandit Camps, but it's too late. With Wharves and FVs he can't stall and so this one is lost, too.

Dunduks wins

1-4

Game 6

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20141222/log.50e7525ee4b0b5b74140a6c0.1419275869065.txt

Chapel, Squire, Vagrant, Scrying Pool, Menagerie, Pirate Ship, Catacombs, Upgrade, Adventurer, Expand
assemble_me starts

This is one of the boards where it's clear you want to build an engine, but then what?
Well, we're both opening Chapel/Potion, it seems like we agree we want to go Scrying Pool over Menagerie. He adds an early Pirate Ship (!) where I start picking up Squires early (they're also somewhat defense against the ship). I'm taking a lot of thinking breaks and I'm very happy to play this during a league game and not against an impatient random opponent. So, I'm adding Expand. He hits my Potion once with his Ship which is not a big deal, as I can Expand my Chapel. I'm winning both the Scrying Pools split and the Squire split 6/4, but his Ships net 5$ at that point. Finally, I can double Provine where he can only Province/Duchy and after that I pile out with my Expand and my 6 Squires.
Thinking about it, I probably could have piled out Estates the turn before for the win in the same way... oh well...

assemble_me wins

2-4

So yeah. I lost this one, but at least it wasn't that dreadful. I think I played okay overall and that last game gives me some hope. Thanks and GL for your next games, Dunduks
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 07:35:03 am by assemble_me »
Join the f.ds Dominion league | My Twitch channel

... and none of his posts shall remain unedited

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 11:17:02 am »
+1

Adam, your report should go on the A + B games report thread.

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 11:21:12 am »

Adam, your report should go on the A + B games report thread.

Sorry about that!
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 07:47:44 am »

My match against mpsprs

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 01:55:24 pm »

My match against Eevee:

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2015, 01:59:15 pm »
+1

My match against gamesou:

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2015, 04:10:25 pm »

Something neat that came up in my game 6 against zporiri:

2 provinces and 5 duchies left, I'm up 2 points. I just shuffled and will have another 36 cards to go through until I see cards again. I have $7 and a trader in hand. zporiri plays cultist... and I make the mistake of revealing trader. That ruin/silver will be irrelevant, but what is relevant is that he knows I have trader in hand and so am unlikely to hit 8 in a deck with only 1 gold and a ton of silver. So he breaks PPR and goes on to tie (would have won if he had a little better luck). If I don't reveal trader he probably buys the duchy and I have an advantage, as it was I was lucky to get out of it with a tie. Log that doesn't work as far as I can tell (I went off memory): https://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20150118/log.50a43f07e4b0addfc4f4304a.1421614939424.txt

theright555J

• Moneylender
  • Dragged into engines kicking and screaming!
  • Respect: +171
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 03:37:53 pm »

Slight necro, but wouldn't he know you had trader anyway? Goko makes you click "done playing reactions" so the interface would pause a second and your icon would turn red. I can't recall a reaction that you can totally blind to your opponent on Goko.
Wondering what my name refers to?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cribbage_statistics

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 03:47:03 pm »

yes but of I do it quickly he might not notice. And I would also get to whine about goko for a while.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 20 queries.