Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Guess the card in a different language!  (Read 30036 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
Re: Guess the card in a different language!
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2015, 02:50:54 pm »

Hontengirda: Counterfeit
Welvoinpagnata: Sea Hag?
Nasansatdakra: Doctor
Tehlada: Venture
Reskepslosma: Fortune Teller
Irsa: Herald
Toparsa: man, i dunno, something about revealing actions. treasure map maybe?
Evuzokrmertsa: Merchant Guild
Harvegkoina: Pillage
Soyabolroika: Butcher

Hard edition is hard.

You got everything except for Welvoinpagnata, Toparsa, and Soyabolroika.  Care to share how you figured out the ones you did?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 02:53:09 pm by werothegreat »
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2015, 04:23:05 pm »
+1

Hontengirda

Hevrn ani Kwatra.  Hevrn ani Dukloina.  Elorm doskotom yetame, hdonoam doskotoi Sentyuse danev zul min halgra.  Rov ‘om, fektamum taminu Sentyuse.

Counterfeit. +1 coin, +1 buy, [...] if you do, trash that treasure.

Welvoinpagnata

Kanhusamum minu tofklate, ftersamum vusir Tilitktyuse zul ka, ur hufkamum eb ke oli sit min halgra.

Counting House. Something something discard pile, something something coppers, something something your hand.

Nasansatdakra

Fiyevramum ani tyuse.  Ftersamum nen itar atinu tyuse zul min kuzvadklata.  Fektamum nen buvenonu tyuse.  Zgohufkamum nen gusne meb vumin dotka.
--------------------------------------------
Elorm duklom yetame, hdonoam torseyustoi ke.  Ispi glomin Kwatra, eme torseyustetem, legramum nen atinu tyuse zul min kuzvadklata; fektamum ke, tofamum ke, him zgohufkamum ke.

Tricky, I will go with doctor. Something about your draw deck and trashing, something about an on-buy trashing effect...

Tehlada

Hevrn ani Kwatra.  Elorm doskotom yetame, ftersamum eb tyuse zul min kuzvadklata nekor ftersamum Sentyuse.  Tofamum nen strominu tyuse.  Doskotamum nen Sentyuse.

Another tricky one, for some reason. Venture. +1 coin, digging for a treasure.

Reskepslosma

Hevrn dan Kwatra.  Stroglomin volrokra ftersamuk eb tyuse zul nen atadya ulu kin kuzvadklata nekor ftersamuk Naknadrtyuse him Dugartyuse.  Hufkamuk ke ati sit kin kuzvadklata, ur tofamuk nen gusne.

Fortuneteller. +2 coins, other player's draw deck, victory and curses...

Irsa

Hvern ani Tyusa.  Hevrn ani Oiva.  Ftersamum nen atinu tyuse zul min kuzvadklata.  Rov mok Oiva, doskotamum ke.
--------------------------------
Elorm duklom yetame, hdonoam torseyustoi ke.  Ispi glomin Kwatra, eme torseyustetem, kanhusamum minu tofklate ur hufkamum ani tyuse zul ka ati sit min kuzvadklata.

Herald! +1 action +1 card, something about action on top of deck, on buy effect... there's an orgy of evidence here.

Toparsa

Hdonoam uvrhufkamum yetame.  Rov ‘om, uvrhufkamum ani Oivtyuse zul min halgra, ema idorgok dadunorg ufuld Kwatra.  Meb susnoina ulu glosir sot min wivla, doskotamum taminu Oivtyuse, uvrhufkamum ke elorm tofom ke zul doskotoina.

I really don't know, I don't recognize enough words, and I've just gone through the list of all cards and haven't found anything that matches the grammar. My best guess is Band of Misfits. Something about action cards in play, and about coins.

Evuzokrmertsa

Hevrn ani Dukloina.  Hevrn ani Kwatra.
---------------------------------------------
Glen yetama meb doskotoina, elorm duklom tyuse, gaframum Kwatrsaupe.

Merchant Guild. +1 buy, +1 coin, something about buying cards...

Harvegkoina

Fektamum yetame.  Stroglomin volrokra, ema tsukelom les (him dadu) tyuse oli kin halgra ftersamum kinu halgre ur tofamum ani tyuse, eme slipom.  Asikamum dan Darkagtyuse zul nen Darkagklata.

Pillage, I guess. Trashes itself, attacks other players (discard, choice, thingy), gains something specific that I don't know.

Soyabolroika

Slipamum ani: stroglomin volrokra ftersamuk nen dan atinu tyuse zul kin kuzvadklata, fektamuk ani ftersalanu Sentyuse, eme slipom, tofamuk nen gusne, ur rov vusta fektetek Sentyuse, gaframum Kwatrsaupe; him hevrn ani Kwatra hup Kwatrsaupa, eme gafretem Soyabolroikev meb yetamin volrevna.

Pirate ship. You get to choose thingies, one makes opponents trash treasures and you gain whatevs. The other makes you gain coins based on your whatevs.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2015, 04:50:03 pm »

Mwahahahahaha Toparsa will forever elude you!

Also, this may or may not just be a cunning ploy to get people to learn my made-up language.

EDIT: I've actually just realized that Toparsa has a slight typo, which I've fixed.  Shouldn't change much, though.  I will say that Toparsa was the card I edited to make it less obvious.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 04:52:10 pm by werothegreat »
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2015, 04:52:23 pm »

Also, this may or may not just be a cunning ploy to get people to learn my made-up language.

If this is from Adventures, I will be cross with you.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2015, 05:03:09 pm »

If this is from Adventures, I will be cross with you.

It is not!  Though I was tempted to add one from there, I would never without Donald X's permission.  Could be a fun way to tease a new card, though.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
  • Respect: +1266
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2015, 12:27:59 am »

this toparsa guy, i don't know what his game is. i understand "hufk this. if you do, hufk an action card from your hand, some interaction with coins. ..., actions in play, hufk... in play." hufk seems to mean put, and the prefix is, like, where. from the hint, i'm inclined to horn of plenty ($0 could be left out) but there's a bunch of stuff.
as far as the counting house one goes, that's a weird syntax for a card and counting house is easy to forget. the pirate ship, i saw coin tokens, what has a lot of words and some of them are 'coin tokens' other than butcher?
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2015, 12:39:48 am »

this toparsa guy, i don't know what his game is. i understand "hufk this. if you do, hufk an action card from your hand, some interaction with coins. ..., actions in play, hufk... in play." hufk seems to mean put, and the prefix is, like, where. from the hint, i'm inclined to horn of plenty ($0 could be left out) but there's a bunch of stuff.
as far as the counting house one goes, that's a weird syntax for a card and counting house is easy to forget. the pirate ship, i saw coin tokens, what has a lot of words and some of them are 'coin tokens' other than butcher?

Hint: There's another card in the "Rosetta Stone" first post that uses the same prefix.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
  • Respect: +1266
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2015, 07:14:48 pm »
+4

see i'm browsing through the qvist rankings page to find that same word order, so hey maybe it's a prize, nope not a prize, and then it's prince.
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2015, 07:16:09 pm »

see i'm browsing through the qvist rankings page to find that same word order, so hey maybe it's a prize, nope not a prize, and then it's prince.

Man, I checked all the cards, including the prizes, and I forgot the promos...

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2015, 07:38:17 pm »
+1

Man, I checked all the cards, including the prizes, and I forgot the promos...

:D  You guys want some more?

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.