Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Collecting feedback for providing commentary on Dominion matches  (Read 11390 times)

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1758
    • View Profile
Re: Collecting feedback for providing commentary on Dominion matches
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2015, 05:43:07 pm »
+1

The commentary yesterday was good. Adam + WW are a fantastic pair and I liked how Stef and Mic came on to talk at the end.

We can certainly have 3 commentators if we want.
Almost every professional sport/game broadcast I've seen has had 1-2 commentators, and I can only assume that 3 isn't good. If you have lots of people wanting to commentate then it's probably better to switch-off between games.

Specifically, professional sports almost always have dedicated play-by-play and color commentators. How much sense this format makes for Dominion is up for debate, but I could see a lot of merit to one announcer talking about what literally happens + skin-deep strategy (Stef buys his fifth Village! Now his deck has just as many terminal actions as Villages, which will help with collision!) versus a more strategy oriented color commentator (Stef's buy this turn was less about getting his deck to a better place and more about winning the split in order to cut off the engine potential of his opponent. The tradeoff is that he's not going to have [power card] in his deck for at least another shuffle, which may cost him). (Dumb examples I know)

I had thought about mentioning this.  I had a related idea of having two people handling "play-by-play". If one commentator is primarily focused on a single deck, then they would be better equipped to know exactly what is in it, and able to answer questions regarding things such as max payload that the other commentators or spectators might have.

funkdoc

• Witch
  • Respect: +414
    • View Profile
Re: Collecting feedback for providing commentary on Dominion matches
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2015, 10:30:51 am »

just going to say that every league championship match should have drunk e on commentary

and every kingdom should have knights or tournament or some other dumb BS card that everyone hates
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.