Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19  All

Author Topic: Prismata  (Read 133575 times)

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3347
    • View Profile
Re: Prismata
« Reply #425 on: January 16, 2016, 07:06:48 am »

Congrats on being amongst the worst Prismata players ever!
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1886
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 16, 2016, 12:52:33 pm »
+1

That was true before the bug.  :o

I started playing again fairly recently, after having gotten access when someone passes out keys here a while back. The game is fun, but the options of playing bots for little reward, or waiting half an hour to lose a match against silverspawn or someone, aren't ideal.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 16, 2016, 01:06:46 pm »

That was true before the bug.  :o

I started playing again fairly recently, after having gotten access when someone passes out keys here a while back. The game is fun, but the options of playing bots for little reward, or waiting half an hour to lose a match against silverspawn or someone, aren't ideal.

This has been my experience as well.  Someday they will try to build a player base bigger than about 200... but for now my gaming attention is elsewhere, because I can findo and play a Hearthstone match in the time it takes just to find a Prismata match.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

ddubois

• Spy
  • Respect: +17
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 14, 2016, 11:45:27 am »

IMO, the games take too long, and the board gets "too busy" to appeal to a wide audience.  It's also very inelegant that the line of drone takes up so much of the play area.  It would serve them well to tweak the UI: maybe have stacked 1-hp units reside on top of each other and merely display a count, rather than splay across the board.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1886
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 21, 2016, 08:57:39 am »

IMO, the games take too long, and the board gets "too busy" to appeal to a wide audience.  It's also very inelegant that the line of drone takes up so much of the play area.  It would serve them well to tweak the UI: maybe have stacked 1-hp units reside on top of each other and merely display a count, rather than splay across the board.

Games taking too long, time-wise, can be addressed by playing with shorter turn timers, but that's obviously much more difficult for inexperienced players.

Re:stacking like units, they can't stack all units of the same name, because they may have differences of status (current hp, stamina, exhaust, etc). Even drones are either clicked or Unclicked. They could have two stacks, I guess, for clicked and Unclicked drones, but then you lose some "at a glance-ability" (which is totally a word).

Unrelatedly, I finally made it to tier X last night, after bouncing around tier IX 90%s for a dozen games. My next to last game left me at IX 100.0%, which was ... disheartening.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 09:00:05 am by Drab Emordnilap »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #430 on: August 31, 2016, 01:57:17 pm »

http://play.prismata.net/?r=fZLLe-zV7vb

This was probably the most epic game of Prismata I've ever played.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 31, 2016, 02:06:26 pm »

So... has matchmaking gotten any better lately?
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 31, 2016, 10:58:16 pm »

I haven't played Prismata in forever.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 01, 2016, 09:31:36 am »

I tried a couple of months back but it seems to still not be open to the general public? 
Unless I just clicked the wrong thing.  Got put on an alpha waiting list.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 01, 2016, 09:54:20 am »

There's an Alpha Waiting list.

I think I
l'll give the game another go. I'm probably super behind the meta though.

You basically play here: https://play.prismata.net/
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 09:55:21 am by Seprix »
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: September 01, 2016, 09:56:07 am »

Oh, except it's not working for me. Fantastic.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 01, 2016, 09:57:40 am »

...Now it works. Weird. 8 times in a row, nothing worked and it went black after the loading screen. And then magically on the 9th time, it worked somehow.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3189
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 01, 2016, 11:56:44 am »

somehow the skype chat of my team went into inactivity shortly after I left and I never quite found out why. from what I hear at least the master league still seems to be a thing, though.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #438 on: March 08, 2018, 05:35:40 pm »
+1

It has now launched on Steam Early Access: http://store.steampowered.com/app/490220/Prismata/

Also, if there are people around who don't yet have an alpha key, you can go ask for one in discord.gg/prismata and they should give you one for free.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 08, 2018, 07:38:08 pm »

Yeah I fully intend to play through the campaign. Playing against bots in Prismata is oddly soothing, even when it involves stomping on easy puzzles.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 09, 2018, 10:51:46 pm »

It has now launched on Steam Early Access: http://store.steampowered.com/app/490220/Prismata/

Also, if there are people around who don't yet have an alpha key, you can go ask for one in discord.gg/prismata and they should give you one for free.

But have they fixed matchmaking?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #441 on: March 09, 2018, 11:51:45 pm »

What do you mean?

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 10, 2018, 08:58:41 pm »

What do you mean?

Used to be you'd try to match with someone and, if you were lucky, you waited half an hour.

----

Also I logged on and played a couple of the campaign games... and then realized literally all of the skins and stuff I had are gone.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #443 on: March 11, 2018, 05:08:39 am »

Used to be you'd try to match with someone and, if you were lucky, you waited half an hour.

----

Also I logged on and played a couple of the campaign games... and then realized literally all of the skins and stuff I had are gone.

There are a lot more people online now than there used to be during the closed alpha so it's a lot easier to find a match.

Yeah, there was a rewards reset where people got back all the shards and power cores they spent and lost all the skins, because they were adjusting the prices of things so this was the fairest way to do it.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 11, 2018, 03:23:29 pm »

----

There are a lot more people online now than there used to be during the closed alpha so it's a lot easier to find a match.

Yeah, there was a rewards reset where people got back all the shards and power cores they spent and lost all the skins, because they were adjusting the prices of things so this was the fairest way to do it.

Hrm.  I don't think I got all my shards back.  But it would be difficult or impossible for me to determine that.  Anyway, I think they did a pretty good job with the campaign, and good to hear there are more people playing, maybe I'll try my hand at it again.  Any obvious way to link my previous account to Steam?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #445 on: March 11, 2018, 04:20:59 pm »

Hrm.  I don't think I got all my shards back.  But it would be difficult or impossible for me to determine that.  Anyway, I think they did a pretty good job with the campaign, and good to hear there are more people playing, maybe I'll try my hand at it again.  Any obvious way to link my previous account to Steam?

There should be a way to do it, but for me, I just bought it on Steam and it automatically linked the accounts as soon as I booted it and I don't know why it did that so I'm not sure what that way is.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 11, 2018, 04:59:55 pm »

Looking back at the email they sent me, it seems I was able to link my old account with steam through some Humble Bundle promotion. You linked the accounts through Humble Bundle somehow.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3189
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 14, 2018, 07:24:01 am »

Anyway, I think they did a pretty good job with the campaign

You really think so? The story is nothing.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 14, 2018, 08:48:26 am »

The story is mildly amusing I guess? I wouldn't say it's hit its stride yet, but hey it was cool to see the in-universe justification for Animus units.

The campaign throws lots of nice puzzles at you, at least in expert mode for the missions. I haven't got very far in terms of completing the missions on expert mode. I got stuck at the 4th expert mode mission (the one with Omega Splitters), even though they can be done in any order.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #449 on: March 14, 2018, 10:48:24 am »

The story is mildly amusing I guess? I wouldn't say it's hit its stride yet, but hey it was cool to see the in-universe justification for Animus units.

The campaign throws lots of nice puzzles at you, at least in expert mode for the missions. I haven't got very far in terms of completing the missions on expert mode. I got stuck at the 4th expert mode mission (the one with Omega Splitters), even though they can be done in any order.

I feel like the 4th one was the most difficult. That and the bonus mission's expert mode are significantly more difficult than the rest.

I don't think the story is amazing but it doesn't suck either, and it serves its purpose. Mostly it's just cool to find out about the lore.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 10:50:08 am by Awaclus »

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19  All

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 21 queries.