Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19  All

Author Topic: Prismata  (Read 134054 times)

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
Re: Prismata
« Reply #375 on: April 01, 2015, 07:17:20 am »

Guessing which card is real is hard. There's a non-zero chance it's *shutter* Glaciator.

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 01, 2015, 08:38:17 am »

Probably won't get much if any chance to play today.  I'm going to guess Overwork for the real unit.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9412
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 01, 2015, 10:25:39 am »

Probably won't get much if any chance to play today.  I'm going to guess Overwork for the real unit.

I agree.  Most of the others are too outlandish or just uninteresting, but Overwork would make for an interesting choice of when to use them (and whether to use them instead of FF).
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3224
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 01, 2015, 12:08:14 pm »

I think it's like

Overwork 60%
Deep Impact 25%
Immaculon 10%
Rest 5%

I'm giving less than 1% to The Gift... mostly because +1$ seems like a clear P2 advantage. P1 usually can't use it until turn 3, P2 can use it to DDE on turn 1.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #379 on: April 01, 2015, 12:15:55 pm »

Someone just used Overwork in order to have enough coins for a Wild Drone.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 01, 2015, 12:25:27 pm »

Also:  Is anyone else semi-annoyed at the lack of a real forum for Prismata?  The subreddit is certainly *there*, but it's just... not nearly as useful as a real, threaded forum like this one.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #381 on: April 01, 2015, 12:38:07 pm »

Also:  Is anyone else semi-annoyed at the lack of a real forum for Prismata?  The subreddit is certainly *there*, but it's just... not nearly as useful as a real, threaded forum like this one.

Yes.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 01, 2015, 03:23:24 pm »

Yes.
Yeah, and we only got 1 thread of it over here. I figured keeping the subreddit the main location for discussion is an homage to Reddit being critical to Prismata's success. I don't know how large their player base is right now, and it might not have a large enough vocal community to justify the work for making a forum for it, at least not yet. Like, I always see the same names on the Prismata subreddit.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 02, 2015, 08:10:10 am »
+1

argh... it really is Resophore. Counting force fields for attack.

Though, the art looks really nice.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 02, 2015, 09:39:29 am »
+1

argh... it really is Resophore. Counting force fields for attack.

Though, the art looks really nice.

I was hoping Overwork was made to look like the most legit unit to throw people off. The realistic cost of this card made me suspicious of Resophore when I first saw it, but it seemed like it would be very difficult to use effectively.

This is like a suped-up green Cauterizer that wrecks your economy. At first glance, it doesn't seem to compare all that favourably to Plasmafier.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #385 on: April 21, 2015, 09:44:43 am »

Prismata doesn't run on the computers at my school (which is technically not my school anymore, but occasionally I go there anyway). Not even with the low graphics setting. :'(

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 21, 2015, 06:41:14 pm »
+1

(which is technically not my school anymore, but occasionally I go there anyway)

Is this like the dream where there's one of your exams that you forgot to take but they've managed to arrange a sitting for tomorrow?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #387 on: April 21, 2015, 07:07:31 pm »

(which is technically not my school anymore, but occasionally I go there anyway)

Is this like the dream where there's one of your exams that you forgot to take but they've managed to arrange a sitting for tomorrow?

Today, my band was performing at the school's annual music festival because the other members are still students at the school. The last time we were performing at the light music concert. The time before that I just went to see my friend's music diploma concert.

Zappie

• Thief
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 22, 2015, 12:30:41 pm »

There might be game very close games taking 30 turns or so, with a certain definition of the word close, this game is as close as a game can get: http://play.prismata.net/?r=f1In@-WXIIS

totorosan

• Pawn
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 24, 2015, 01:10:29 pm »
+1

I have played few games against bot, boring game and feel like two nerds busying to solve maths equation.

Perfect information, fully symmetric and lack of execution kill the fun. Comeback is hardly possible. I will still with Hearthstone although it is too random, the fun still there. Prismata is choice for maths nerdy.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: April 24, 2015, 01:19:44 pm »
+4

I have played few games against bot, boring game and feel like two nerds busying to solve maths equation.

Perfect information, fully symmetric and lack of execution kill the fun. Comeback is hardly possible. I will still with Hearthstone although it is too random, the fun still there. Prismata is choice for maths nerdy.

absolutely.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 25, 2015, 12:00:20 am »
+2

Prismata is choice for maths nerdy.

I'm proud to be a maths nerdy.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
  • Respect: +109
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 25, 2015, 09:23:25 pm »
+1

I should have known that there was a prismata forum here. I just found the game a week ago and have gotten addicted. I'm slowly getting the hang of this game but there is still so much I don't know.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 15, 2015, 10:30:58 pm »

Just played a ridiculously interesting game.  I'm certain the actual top-notch players here can tell me why I ought to have lost this one.

There was a lot of defending with Q in order to have enough time to think about moves at the end.

Actually linking the replay might help:  http://play.prismata.net/?r=f3bvB-Nsfz3
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 10:37:31 pm by Kirian »

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 16, 2015, 12:47:11 am »

bwahaha that was definitely an interesting game.

I think you cut drones much to soon. If anything I might have even tried an eco droning set. where you open

1. DD
2. DDE
3. DDD(or in this set vivid drones because they are so good.)

I'm not sure though. They might of had enough pressure to punish that heavy of droning but really only if they went red. Since you saw they didn't have red right away I think you were fine to keep droning.

But I'm not really a top player so someone like Silverspawn would probably disagree with me.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 16, 2015, 08:49:47 am »
+1

Yeah, you cut drones a little bit too early, and also the choices for economy and damage were odd. If you don't use the extra HP, trinity drone is a drone which costs G instead of 1 (slightly more expensive) and prevents you from using force fields later, whereas vivid is just straight up better value.

As for damage, hellhound is fantastic but Feral is only good if you utilize the prompt aspect. Odin, in the other hand, is just extremely efficient. I think this set should be vivid into odin into hellhounds, the only other thing which looks similarly strong is tatsu + bloodpact.

Your opponent also messed up by buying gauss canons instead of hellhounds.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 10, 2015, 07:15:16 pm »

Hmm I'm not sure how many strong players still play prismata here but I'm wondering if anyone knows what to focus on to make the last couple jumps to like 1900/2000 elo.

game is hard :/

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 10, 2015, 07:31:38 pm »
+1

Hmm I'm not sure how many strong players still play prismata here but I'm wondering if anyone knows what to focus on to make the last couple jumps to like 1900/2000 elo.

game is hard :/
I binged on it during the breach party. I'm only at Tier 8 though, so I'm still at the point where you can do well just through intuition alone. I hope to at least get to Tier 10 someday.

It's a crazy game because it's currently at a point where the majority of the player base consists of serious gamers that belong in the Tier 9-10 range. There's still so much to learn about the game,  and you have to be playing at the top to really start seeing the nuances of the game.

I've tried to introduce people to the game, but it's currently so daunting to new players with the lack of new player friendly content. I like how they're keeping the game in Alpha while they still haven't nailed the new player experience down yet. I'm excited for the campaign even though it may be a year or two down the road.

Man, I feel some anxiety in this game when playing against humans even when I win. It's that intense. The AI is good enough for me to want to log in and play a few rounds though.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 10, 2015, 07:34:26 pm »

I reached 9.5 a long time ago, and haven't really played other than an occasional game against the AI since then. I'd get back into it, but right now playing against humans feels pretty daunting.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 10, 2015, 07:45:31 pm »
+1

ya I know the anxiety feeling.

I actually tried streaming it a day ago and actually found out that my anxiety is completely gone for some reason when streaming and I enjoy the game more. Not really sure why.

If any of you guys want to play friendlies though as that is sometimes easier then playing in the arena just add me and ask. I'm pretty willing to play.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19  All

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.