Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Tunnel/Adventurer or Taxman/Adventurer?  (Read 2430 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
Tunnel/Adventurer or Taxman/Adventurer?
« on: November 28, 2014, 02:04:22 pm »

I feel that this game was probably suboptimally played (took 26 turns to pick up all the Provinces), but I think the idea is sound.  Taxman can be bought on your first two turns and turns your Coppers into Silvers and Golds, making it more likely that Adventurer will draw good Treasures, and Adventurer can just skip over your Taxmen.  Tunnel might need an enabler to get started (Warehouse was in this kingdom), but my Adventurers reliably turned over at least one Tunnel with every use.

My question is, was this just the best possible kingdom for Adventurer (ignoring Monument and Bishop, which I was ignoring intentionally to try out an Adventurer strat), or can Tunnel and Taxman stand on their own as Adventurer enablers?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3191
    • View Profile
Re: Tunnel/Adventurer or Taxman/Adventurer?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 02:06:57 pm »
+2

Warehouse/Tunnel. Forget Adventurer.

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 02:09:53 pm »

No no, we've been over this. Adventurer/anything isn't a good strategy. Warehouse/tunnel on the other hand... is good on weak kingdoms like this.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 02:20:16 pm »

Warehouse/Tunnel. Forget Adventurer.

I was deliberately buying Adventurer to see if I could do anything with it.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 02:25:11 pm »

Well you can buy adventurer here, but the answer to your question is that it's not good. Taxman and Tunnel are not enablers.

If you want to construct a Kingdom where Adventurer is good, I'd start with Scheme/Stables, and add heavy trashing and villages but no other draw.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12849
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 02:31:31 pm »

Well you can buy adventurer here, but the answer to your question is that it's not good. Taxman and Tunnel are not enablers.

If you want to construct a Kingdom where Adventurer is good, I'd start with Scheme/Stables, and add heavy trashing and villages but no other draw.
I'd start with Mint and 8 villages/thrones.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 02:31:40 pm »

stables, trashing, and scheme sounds like enough draw to me. A kingdom with forager, scheme, KC, adventurer, and 6 useless cards sounds like a good kingdom for adventurer. And even there it's being used as a much worse moat costing 4 more coins.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 02:33:09 pm by liopoil »

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014, 02:36:07 pm »

stables, trashing, and scheme sounds like enough draw to me. A kingdom with forager, scheme, KC, adventurer, and 6 useless cards sounds like a good kingdom for adventurer. And even there it's being used as a much worse moat costing 4 more coins.

the point of scheme + stables is that you run out of action cards to discard if you properly trash down, adventurer helps. it has happened before. don't add KC, if you have KC and Scheme, you don't need it anymore.

it's probably also a good idea to only add trashing for treasures.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 02:59:59 pm »

the point of scheme + stables is that you run out of action cards to discard if you properly trash down, adventurer helps. it has happened before. don't add KC, if you have KC and Scheme, you don't need it anymore.

it's probably also a good idea to only add trashing for treasures.
KC-scheme-forager doesn't sound like much of a deck to me, adventurer would certainly make it better. But sure, make it throne room, and replace forager with counterfeit. TR-scheme-counterfeit-adventurer will smash counterfeit BM, so just make the other 6 cards useless.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 03:18:16 pm »

yes, or, you know, you could do it the cool way and have it dig for treasures to discard with stables.

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2014, 04:57:36 pm »

Replace the taxman with a spice merchant and you will get a genuinely good adventurer deck. I ran a simulation for it ages ago.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 04:58:52 pm by DG »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 21 queries.