Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20  All

Author Topic: STAR WARS  (Read 145593 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3188
    • View Profile
Re: STAR WARS
« Reply #425 on: January 03, 2018, 06:56:29 pm »

What was the criterion?

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 03, 2018, 07:09:50 pm »

What was the criterion?

A friend posted a very.... interesting... ranking:

8, 5, 4, 1, R1, 7, 6, 3, 2.

I suggested that by his criteria, the real ranking should be:

2, 5, 7, 8, 4, 1, 6, 3, R1

What was his criterion?

Well, both of you put the movies in alphabetical order.

Kuildeous was correct.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 04, 2018, 10:36:05 am »
+1

1. Snoke says he is responsible for the connection between Kylo Ren and Rey, but that connection continues after his death. The movie also makes a big deal of pointing out the Luke/Leia sibling telepathic force connection or whatever it is first introduced in Empire. Are we supposed to infer that there is a chance Kylo Ren and Rey are blood relatives? That is, are we to infer that Kylo Ren is lying or mistaken about the origin of Rey's parents?

I interpreted that to mean that the connection between them is strong enough now that they could see each other without Snoke. I did not consider that blood relation is required to be attuned to someone else in the Force.

2. Is anyone else bothered that the film set up an attraction between Finn/Rey in VII, Finn/Rose in VIII, and only briefly had a scene of all three of them together at the end? Awkward...

While I saw potential for a Rey/Finn romance in TFA, I didn't think they were that interested in each other. Rey had a sort of hero worship for Finn when she thought he was part of the Resistance. But since nothing came about from them traveling together, I saw them as nothing more than friends.

Rose's hero worship was similar to Rey's, but hers obviously took stronger hold in her heart, and she fell in love with him. For all we know, it could still just be obsession and not real love, but it's real enough to her. We haven't seen any interest toward her though. I imagine that after her admission, the love will become reciprocated because of Hollywood, but then they didn't do much with Rey and Finn, so maybe not. 
A man has no signature

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3668
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 04, 2018, 11:32:11 am »

Why is no one including the Holiday Special in their rankings? Is it just so obviously #1 that it doesn't need to be said?

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #429 on: January 04, 2018, 12:19:46 pm »

Haven't seen anyone include the animated Clone Wars film, either.

(Which, honestly, I saw as a huge missed opportunity to jump into the 3D market early)
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 04, 2018, 12:59:32 pm »

Why is no one including the Holiday Special in their rankings? Is it just so obviously #1 that it doesn't need to be said?

The other day someone claimed that they had just finished watching all the Star Wars movies, but they hadn't even seen the Holiday Special. When will people learn?
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 04, 2018, 02:01:18 pm »
+1

What was the criterion?

What was his criterion?

Well, both of you put the movies in alphabetical order.

Kuildeous was correct.

aaaaaaaaaaah pff >:(

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 07, 2018, 08:33:07 am »

What was his criterion?

Should be 4, 2, R1, 5, 7, 8, 1, 6, 3.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 07, 2018, 03:59:10 pm »

R comes before T. 4 > R1 > 2.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 07, 2018, 09:16:59 pm »
+2

Attack of the Clones doesn't have a "the" (unlike 5-8, 1, and 3).

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: January 08, 2018, 07:24:05 am »
+2

And how the hell do they randomly run into another codebreaker in jail?
I took this as meaning that the guy they meet in jail IS the one that Maz meant, and the other guy had some kind of altercation with him, somehow ending up with the rose symbol thing, with the other result being that the original guy ends up in jail.

Which is a bit of a stretch now that I think about it (implies that Maz's judgement is very shaky!), but more satisfying than "oh there were two of them".
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 08, 2018, 02:49:12 pm »

The second ordering given is alphabetical based on the movie subtitle; not the numbering. Kirian's ordering leaves off the "a" and "the", mine doesn't.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 02:50:57 pm by GendoIkari »

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 10, 2018, 01:50:19 pm »
+3

DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 28, 2018, 12:06:27 am »
+1

Soooooo who's seen Solo?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 28, 2018, 02:04:07 am »

Soooooo who's seen Solo?

It met my expectations.  I wasn't blown away by it or anything, but I liked the story and excited about how it fits into Star Wars canon.

I absolutely loved seeing Maul at the end.  I could see the next movie leaving Han Solo behind and following up on a Maul story.  Perhaps bring Ahsoka into a live-action movie?  I would love that.  Although probably won't happen because the Ahsoka novel already covers the timeline that the story would have to be set in.  But yeah, there is definitely a story to be written about Maul from the time after the Battle of Mandalore until we see Maul again in Rebels. 

Also - this could potentially bring in some amazing Darth Vader action dueling Maul?  Maul will try to stay under the radar from the Empire given his defeat in his 2v1 fight against Sidius to bring his rule on Mandalore to an end, but I don't see how he will go completely unnoticed.  And we need a good lightsaber fight.  And it cannot be Obi-Wan (right?).  That will absolutely not work given Maul's story-line in Rebels (or would it work?).  Although who knows what they will actually do.  There are so many directions they can take, but I do think they need to leave Han Solo behind and let him just go work for the Hutts and where we find him in episode IV owing Jabba money.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 29, 2018, 09:48:18 am »

I liked Solo. I also wasn't blown away by it, but it met my needs. Considering I didn't think the story of Han Solo needed to be made, it met more than my needs.

I feel like it accomplished much the same that Rogue One did. It maintained consistency with the original trilogy. It looked like it would work as a standalone movie. It made references to the rest of the franchise without too much fanfare, though I did notice the tone changed when first encountering the Millennium Falcon and when we see Maul.

The story about his name was amusing, if a little forced. It probably felt forced because we've had his name burned into our brains for 40 years, so it seemed unnecessary to have a story on his name, but I think it worked.

I know I missed some of the callbacks to the original trilogy, but there were some nods that geeks could enjoy. We now know when the hyperdrive computer became so divisive, though that requires knowledge of the Falcon's hyperdrive outside of the movies. They made the fix to the Kessel run parsec gaffe official. And Han shot first.

I expected this to be overhyped, but it was better than I expected. Now, the Boba Fett movie I expect to be overhyped, but hopefully they'll prove me wrong again.
A man has no signature

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 27, 2019, 11:57:41 pm »
+1

I'm surprised no one has posted this yet!

Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 28, 2019, 03:08:09 am »

This trilogy got me confused. TFA was aping the first trilogy. TLJ made a point of breaking with all the legacy, even when that would annoy the fans. And now they seem to bring back Palpatine? I don’t think they would reveal that in a teaser if he was just going to be a cameo.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 28, 2019, 04:34:55 am »

More excited for clone wars season 7 and the Mandolorian.

Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #444 on: October 20, 2019, 09:46:47 pm »
+1

Rumor has it. Tickets go on sale tomorrow.

They announced the final trailer drops tomorrow night so that would align well with a “tickets on sale now” tag.
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

spineflu

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: spineflu
  • Head Empty, Heart Worms, Can't Lose
  • Respect: +1349
    • View Profile
    • my instagram, where i paint things
« Reply #445 on: December 24, 2019, 06:27:03 pm »
+1

saw the new one and uh that certainly was a star war.

episode X is gonna be nuts now that sarlacc gets to dual-wield lightsabers

i also enjoyed when the ewoks blew up a star destroyer
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 06:35:22 pm by spineflu »

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 31, 2019, 05:46:26 am »
+3

saw the new one and uh that certainly was a star war.

episode X is gonna be nuts now that sarlacc gets to dual-wield lightsabers

i also enjoyed when the ewoks blew up a star destroyer

This was funny :p

I went to IX with low expectations, yet I was still disappointed. My current opinion is that VIII was the better of the bunch.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

spineflu

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 31, 2019, 11:13:28 am »
+1

i think comedywise (both intentional and unintentional) it was the funniest star war yet. babu frik was very good, and c3po had probably the first actually laugh-out-loud funny c3po line.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 31, 2019, 01:14:25 pm »
+2

I felt it was the least funny of the new trilogy by far. I was actively missing the genuine humor from VII and VIII. There were quite a few joke attempts in IX, but they mostly fell flat.

spineflu

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 31, 2019, 01:30:22 pm »

Really? i nearly fell out of my chair laughing when
kylo ben jumped down the big hole and rather than doing like a power landing or slowing himself via the force or anything just smacked into the ground.

I don't think that was an intentional joke though.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.