Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20  All

Author Topic: STAR WARS  (Read 145611 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
Re: STAR WARS
« Reply #175 on: October 18, 2015, 05:12:00 pm »
+1

New poster:

Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 18, 2015, 10:13:03 pm »

Yet Another Death Star?

Any idea who is the little big-eyed guy next to R2-D2?
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 19, 2015, 10:14:46 pm »
+4

SQUEEEEE

Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 19, 2015, 11:28:43 pm »
+1

Every trailer I get excited to see new scenes of breathe-heavy black man.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
  • Respect: +2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 19, 2015, 11:29:15 pm »

BHBM?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: October 19, 2015, 11:30:07 pm »

BHBM?

When the force awakens, it takes your breath away. 

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 20, 2015, 12:14:54 pm »
+1

Well, that trailer made me neither more excited nor less excited for the film. It projects pure "epic", but what I want is "fun".

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 20, 2015, 01:34:33 pm »
+4

Well, that trailer made me neither more excited nor less excited for the film. It projects pure "epic", but what I want is "fun".

So you want Guardians of the Long Time Ago Galaxy That Is Far Far Away?

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 20, 2015, 02:20:24 pm »
+2

Any idea who is the little big-eyed guy next to R2-D2?

Han Solo.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 20, 2015, 02:21:46 pm »
+2

Yes, that exactly.

I guess another thing is that, I don't want the movie to be shackled to the previous ones. I don't want the film to constantly wink at me, asking, "Hey, remember this character/location/situation?" The less we see of characters from the previous films, the better. Naturally the trailers are doing as much of this goddamn winking as possible. I just hope the film itself does less of it.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 20, 2015, 02:41:57 pm »
+3

I would watch that every day and twice on Sunday.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 20, 2015, 02:43:57 pm »
+4

Yes, that exactly.

I guess another thing is that, I don't want the movie to be shackled to the previous ones. I don't want the film to constantly wink at me, asking, "Hey, remember this character/location/situation?" The less we see of characters from the previous films, the better. Naturally the trailers are doing as much of this goddamn winking as possible. I just hope the film itself does less of it.

I do want it to be shackled to them - I want it to acknowledge and be aware of episodes I-VI - but not in a "wink, wink, nudge, nudge" nostalgia-driven way.  I want it to build on, expand upon, move naturally forward from what came before; to be aware of its history, but not be stuck in the past.

See Jurassic World for the wrong way to do this.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 20, 2015, 04:37:21 pm »
+1

I just now learned what most people probably knew a while ago... this isn't produced by 20th Century Fox, thus no standard fanfare music before the Star Wars music. I'm quite disappointed. It's a small thing, but that music has always been part of Star Wars in my mind. Whenever I heard it, I mentally expect it to be followed by the Star Wars theme. It just won't be the same without it.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 20, 2015, 04:39:30 pm »
+2

I just now learned what most people probably knew a while ago... this isn't produced by 20th Century Fox, thus no standard fanfare music before the Star Wars music. I'm quite disappointed. It's a small thing, but that music has always been part of Star Wars in my mind. Whenever I heard it, I mentally expect it to be followed by the Star Wars theme. It just won't be the same without it.

Can someone make a patch for this?

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 20, 2015, 04:42:08 pm »
+2

I'll just bring a boombox into the speaker and play the fanfare at just the right moment.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 20, 2015, 05:59:16 pm »

I'll just bring a boombox into the speaker and play the fanfare at just the right moment.

It's going to be a short John Williams fanfare over the Lucasfilm logo.  No Disney logo, no Bad Robot logo.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 21, 2015, 08:47:08 am »

They took those first two lines from Game of Thrones?

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 21, 2015, 07:07:43 pm »
+1

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 21, 2015, 09:49:23 pm »

You guys might be interested in this.

Ampharos

• Scout
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 21, 2015, 10:35:50 pm »

Ties things together even more nicely than 3 did, but wouldn't be nearly as fun.  Fun little read though, thanks!

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: October 22, 2015, 12:43:28 am »
+2

Ties things together even more nicely than 3 did, but wouldn't be nearly as fun.  Fun little read though, thanks!

Eh.  Anakin's fall really needs to be a temptation - that's what the Dark Side is about.  It's not supposed to seem reasonable or anything, and it's mainly going on inside your head.  And personally I think the entire Order 66 sequence is the best in the entire Prequel trilogy.  It's something the Jedi simply were not expecting, and their overconfidence in their abilities, even blinded as they were, led to their downfall.  I know a lot of fans think they're supposed to be rooting for the Jedi, and get confused by this, but the Jedi were just as bloated, corrupted and self-absorbed as the Senate was at this point.  All those seemingly arbitrary restrictions and rules, all the condescension - all of this may have been in place to prevent a Jedi from turning, but in the end was what actually ended up causing Anakin to fall to the Dark Side.  The reason why Obi-Wan and Yoda are much more introspective and spiritual in the OT is because they've realized the ways of the Jedi had to change.  They failed not just because of the outside force of Palpatine, but because of inside hubris as well.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 22, 2015, 09:58:00 am »
+1

Han has First Strike $$$

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 22, 2015, 10:01:12 am »

Ha okay, this too:

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 23, 2015, 06:31:31 pm »

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 23, 2015, 07:17:15 pm »
+1

Eh.  Anakin's fall really needs to be a temptation - that's what the Dark Side is about.  It's not supposed to seem reasonable or anything, and it's mainly going on inside your head.  And personally I think the entire Order 66 sequence is the best in the entire Prequel trilogy.  It's something the Jedi simply were not expecting, and their overconfidence in their abilities, even blinded as they were, led to their downfall.  I know a lot of fans think they're supposed to be rooting for the Jedi, and get confused by this, but the Jedi were just as bloated, corrupted and self-absorbed as the Senate was at this point.  All those seemingly arbitrary restrictions and rules, all the condescension - all of this may have been in place to prevent a Jedi from turning, but in the end was what actually ended up causing Anakin to fall to the Dark Side.  The reason why Obi-Wan and Yoda are much more introspective and spiritual in the OT is because they've realized the ways of the Jedi had to change.  They failed not just because of the outside force of Palpatine, but because of inside hubris as well.

So much of this.  The Jedi as portrayed in the prequels were utterly useless, stifled by indecision, and morally bankrupt because they were unable to take any meaningful actions at all.

Oh, and they were separating children from their parents after giving them a blood test, because, despite being these supposed paragons of virtue, and magically powerful, no one was *volunteering* to become a Jedi.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 21 queries.