Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: King's Court + Mountebank  (Read 3672 times)

Christen

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
King's Court + Mountebank
« on: November 26, 2014, 08:33:00 pm »

Sorry if this has already been an answered question but I can't seem to find an answer for it.

How do you resolve this combination? Assuming the opponent does not have a Curse in his hand currently, does he get 3 Curses and 3 Copper, or do you resolve each instance of Mountebank separately giving the opponent a chance to discard a Curse on the second instance, ending up with 1 Curse and 2 Copper (+1 Curse +1 Copper, -1 Curse, +1 Curse +1 Copper).

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25699
    • View Profile
Re: King's Court + Mountebank
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 08:40:32 pm »
+3

Sorry if this has already been an answered question but I can't seem to find an answer for it.

How do you resolve this combination? Assuming the opponent does not have a Curse in his hand currently, does he get 3 Curses and 3 Copper, or do you resolve each instance of Mountebank separately giving the opponent a chance to discard a Curse on the second instance, ending up with 1 Curse and 2 Copper (+1 Curse +1 Copper, -1 Curse, +1 Curse +1 Copper).
You resolve each one separately. However discarding a Curse means discarding it from your hand to your discard pile -  it isn't trashed - and the Curse you get from Mountebank doesn't go to your hand. So if your opponent doesn't have a Curse to discard the first time, they still won't the second time (though they can choose not to discard the first time if they want).

There is a forum for rules questions! It's called "Rules Questions."

Christen

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 08:59:20 pm »
+1

Thanks for the clarification. I'm not sure how gaining the card going to the discard pile went over my head but that's clear now.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9412
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 09:03:46 pm »
+3

I'm not sure how gaining the card going to the discard pile went over my head but that's clear now.

You might have been conflating it with Torturer, where Curse goes into the hand.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.