Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Really, Goko? In the middle of a game?  (Read 1604 times)

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
  • Respect: +1013
    • View Profile
Really, Goko? In the middle of a game?
« on: November 26, 2014, 01:56:19 pm »

I'm sure plenty of people have the problem of every so often Goko logging you out when you open the page and you have to log back in. But at least it doesn't happen when you're playing, right? Wrong.

Today I was in the middle of a game and I was getting lag so I decided to switch to another window for a few seconds to do something while waiting for it to load. When I switched back to my Dominion window, I was at the login screen!!! Why?!!?

If that counts as a quit on my record and I lose points I don't know what to do. That was definitely not my fault.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Sure it's just a game. The same way that your best friend in the whole world is "just a friend".

TwitchYouTubeMusic

!!CHANGED MY USERNAME ON 2.0!!

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
Re: Really, Goko? In the middle of a game?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 02:30:55 pm »

I'm sure plenty of people have the problem of every so often Goko logging you out when you open the page and you have to log back in. But at least it doesn't happen when you're playing, right? Wrong.

Today I was in the middle of a game and I was getting lag so I decided to switch to another window for a few seconds to do something while waiting for it to load. When I switched back to my Dominion window, I was at the login screen!!! Why?!!?

If that counts as a quit on my record and I lose points I don't know what to do. That was definitely not my fault.

Has this happened to anyone else?

It happens all the time to me, it counts as a loss.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 02:40:11 pm »
+1

I have found that goko really hates tabbing, but if I run it in its own window it's okay.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 02:47:13 pm »
+2

Never had that problem before, although doesn't surprise me, sounds like a typical Goko-fail thing. It was today, right? Coz they do server restarts on Monday and Thursday at 12 eastern, and that kicks you out of games.

In summary, IsoWasBetter.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
  • Respect: +1013
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 03:12:34 pm »

Never had that problem before, although doesn't surprise me, sounds like a typical Goko-fail thing. It was today, right? Coz they do server restarts on Monday and Thursday at 12 eastern, and that kicks you out of games.

In summary, IsoWasBetter.
Must have been another server restart I guess. They should make sure that those don't count towards loss records. Maybe I should post on the MakingFun forum about it.
Sure it's just a game. The same way that your best friend in the whole world is "just a friend".

TwitchYouTubeMusic

!!CHANGED MY USERNAME ON 2.0!!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 23 queries.