Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: should season 5 have a division E?  (Read 2404 times)

-Stef-

• 2012 & 2016 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
should season 5 have a division E?
« on: November 24, 2014, 12:12:32 pm »

Hi,

I've sent some PMs to specific people I hope will answer this poll, but feel free to join in if your level is somewhere between D and E and consider playing in season 5.
Join the Dominion League!

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
  • Respect: +1097
    • View Profile
Re: should season 5 have a division E?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 01:28:44 pm »

I will happily play in either. Ideally the league would become big enough that people could promote/demote to/from D/E, even if there was only 1 E Division. As it stands, I'd join E if we needed me to round out the numbers there. It's definitely where I belong, but I don't mind being the bottom of a division in D either.

And if I should by some fluke promote, it would be nice if that earned me a slot back into D, as opposed to just asking to go back there for 6. However, I understand that this will need to happen to make up the numbers as players leave/join.

pst

• Minion
  • Respect: +906
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 04:41:30 am »
+1

I still think there should be no specialness at the bottom of the league. Just have as many divisions as needed for the number of players.

(I won't play next season, but that is because I won't have time, and is not influenced by what divisions there are.)

zporiri

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: zporiri
  • Go, and do likewise.
  • Respect: +130
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 04:16:33 pm »

I still think there should be no specialness at the bottom of the league. Just have as many divisions as needed for the number of players.

I agree with this. Just have as many divisions as necessary.
Go, and do likewise.

-Stef-

• 2012 & 2016 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 11:55:35 am »

I agree with this. Just have as many divisions as necessary.
I (rather strongly) disagree. If the league would be hundreds of groups and everybody could play at their own level, sure. But reality is that the entire league is made up of pretty strong dominion players. Being level 30 is no guarantee at all to win your D division. Sure some players in D are around level 20-25 and they don't mind the "learning experience", but if you're below level 20 I can completely understand it's no fun at all.

If those players also want to join without getting squashed 6-0 or 5-1 every match, why shouldn't we also enable that by placing them together in a group? As long as everyone has the choice to join at D-level, why would it bother you that E also exists?

And if I should by some fluke promote, it would be nice if that earned me a slot back into D, as opposed to just asking to go back there for 6. However, I understand that this will need to happen to make up the numbers as players leave/join.
If you end up winning E, surely I will put you in D the next season. However, if you end up #2 in E and really want to be in D after that, that would also be ok.

Ideally the league would become big enough that people could promote/demote to/from D/E, even if there was only 1 E Division.
If we use the same structure for promotion/demotion for D/E as for the higher levels, the numbers just don't add up. Even with only 4 groups at D level that will result in 8 players demoting, so we'd also need 8 players promoting from E.
Join the Dominion League!

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
  • Respect: +1097
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 03:42:56 pm »

Ideally the league would become big enough that people could promote/demote to/from D/E, even if there was only 1 E Division.
If we use the same structure for promotion/demotion for D/E as for the higher levels, the numbers just don't add up. Even with only 4 groups at D level that will result in 8 players demoting, so we'd also need 8 players promoting from E.

Yeah, I realized that was nonsense after I posted it. I'm fine with whatever decision the League organizers make, this is not a high-intensity issue for me.  :)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 21 queries.