Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Games I played at bgg.con  (Read 914 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
Games I played at bgg.con
« on: November 24, 2014, 11:38:14 am »
+3

So I kept track as I went; this is pretty much a full list:

One Night - So I don't like Werewolf/Mafia. But this was great! It's a version of Werewolf that you can play in 5 minutes.

Trajan - Taught this twice. I love teaching. Won both.

Saturn - Fun little balancing game with very unique components.

No Thanks! - Taught this, always good.

Robo Rally - Finally learned this! It's great; want to play more.

Trains - Taught this. I've played about 6 times now, and I've won either 5 or 6 of those. Every time by mostly ignoring the board and just pretending it's Dominion.

Chaosmos - Interesting game; brand new. Not my thing really, but unique mechanics and fun.

I Say, Watson - They tried. I mean, there's some good things about the game, but too many bad things about it to make it a great game. First game, I won in about 5 minutes. Second game, we stopped after an hour and a half because the game was no closer to over than when we started.

Terra Mystica - Taught this twice. Once with Fire and Ice. Fire and Ice is great! As the Riverwalkers, I managed to have all 8 of my dwellings out on turn 1.

Inkognito - Good deduction game, and I don't normally like deduction games. You have teams of 2 and 2, but no one knows which other player is their partner. You need to get clues to try to determine who your partner is, while trying to trick everyone into thinking that you are their partner.

Pix - I don't like party games, but this a really cool take on Pictionary.

Anomia - This is a great game. It's a party game, but a really fun one.

The Hare and the Tortoise - There's a lot of games with this name, so this one. This was a fun short game where you're betting on a race.

Betrayal at House on the Hill - Taught this one. Lots of fun as always; but we got a really good, balanced scenario, where we were fighting our evil twins. A scenario with no traitor.

Hanabi - You all know this one.

Blocky Mountain - Weird game where you build mazes / challenges with blocks, and then try to drag things along the path.

Temporum - See other thread. Best new thing I played. (Though I did spend much more time teaching things I knew than learning things I didn't).

Red 7 - I'd play this any time I had 2 minutes to play a game. But if I had 10 minutes, I'd play something else, not this 5 times in a row.

Bora Bora - Taught this. Got killed by all 3 of the people I was teaching, lol.

Mysterium - So this could probably have it's own thread... anyone know this one? So it's basically Dixit combined with Hanabi. Completely co-op, where 1 player is giving clues and the rest of the players are trying to figure out what the clues mean. You are trying to pick out a specific picture card (like the pictures in Dixit). The clue-giver is putting out another picture card that he hopes will make you think of the correct card from the choices. It's really difficult. Seems hard to imagine how you could even with on the "easy" mode. But I'm sure the more you play, the easier it gets. Anyway, it's a really good game.

Splendor - Always good.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.781 seconds with 20 queries.