Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Just Luck or Bad Opening?  (Read 1178 times)

Sherlock_Holmes

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
Just Luck or Bad Opening?
« on: November 22, 2014, 04:38:02 pm »
+1

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?/20141122/log.5468f02ee4b0739d87397972.1416692237585.txt

He open Throme Room/ Masq and got lucky with them. It all went downhill from there. Should I have matched his TR/Masq or was that just bad luck?

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
Re: Just Luck or Bad Opening?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 05:06:05 pm »
+1

I don't think opening Throne Room is correct.  If Throne Room and Masquerade collide then, as for your opponent in the game, you're in a great situation.  And Throne Room will be excellent later in the game with Wharf and the Peddlers.  But I still think I'd open Masquerade/Silver, as the more likely situation is that Throne Room and Masquerade do not collide and they you're very sad if you can't get a Wharf.

You did make one big mistake: you resigned!  You've trashed more and have more Throne Rooms, and you can't rule out your opponent having a run of bad luck (bad forced Masquerade passes, for instance).  There are also a lot of points left on the board in a Colony game.  Realistically you're still likely to lose, but playing from behind is a valuable skill and you should take the opportunity to practice it when you get the chance.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 20 queries.