Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Dominion Team World Cup II ?  (Read 11733 times)

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion Team World Cup II ?
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2014, 11:30:10 am »
+2

The problem with the World Cup is there just isn't enough representation from various countries, and some countries have a lot of competition while others don't.  Like, given the demographics of the board it makes more sense to have 4 USA divisions than to include most countries.  Otherwise, most of the board that might be interested in playing just gets left out by default and ends up not caring about the whole thing.

I'm not opposed to the idea in principle, mind, it just doesn't seem like a great fit.

Yeah, that's a problem I'm aware of. But having 4 USA divisions is just not something that's supposed to exist. It was close the last year to get enough countries, and I think it might be even harder this year. I think I just create signups for it and then we'll see. If there are not enough countries, we just won't do it.

Hm, I'm a bit worried that so few different people responded so far. Maybe the interest isn't that high after all. Maybe it's best if I start signups and then we'll see how big the interest is and if there are enough for a tournament. What do you think?
This might just be a forum that people don't look at quite as much?  I bet if you post in General Discussion you'll get a lot more attention. 

Really? Isn't everybody checking "unread posts since last visit"? That's what I do...

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2014, 01:19:53 pm »

Really? Isn't everybody checking "unread posts since last visit"? That's what I do...

No.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2014, 04:09:10 pm »

As someone who would put myself out there for the US but probably not make the team, I'm with SCSN on this.  I'd be happy to see it happen whether I got to play or not, but since it's likely that I wouldn't be playing, I'd rather not pause league play for it.
I'm in the exact some position (including being willing to play for US but probably not making the team).

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2014, 09:58:40 am »

I just created the signup thread. I don't want the tournament take place during Christmas or New Year and we can't finish it before that. That's why I scheduled it for 2015. Let's hope if enough players sign up.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 1.437 seconds with 20 queries.