Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Player pages suggestion  (Read 1782 times)

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
Player pages suggestion
« on: December 17, 2011, 05:59:41 am »

It's not really a huge problem but I've always found this a little bit weird:

On the CR player page at the bottom it lists all of your opponents sorted by the number of times you've played them and then by their name. Great. But let's now consider just the sub-list of all people I've played X games against. CR seems to think the alphabet runs through twice, first in upper case and then in lower case. This is strange and can make it a little bit awkward if you're looking for someone and you can't remember if they capitalise the first letter of their name or not (yes I know you can ctrl+f, but still, it's strange). Can you make it order by alphabet, ignoring case?

I mean, in an ideal world, everybody would choose a name starting with an upper case letter anyway, such is the convention used in our language, but some people just like to be different *looks at our admins* ::)

painted_cow

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +20
    • View Profile
Re: Player pages suggestion
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 08:47:10 pm »

We are in the internet, its cool to have a nickname started with a lower case  8)

rrenaud

• Administrator
  • Uncivilized Barbarian of Statistics
  • Respect: +1197
    • View Profile
    • CouncilRoom
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 01:58:19 am »

The player page game list things need to die.  They would be much better with just a record and a link to the game search page.  But I am not terribly interested in doing it myself, compared to more statsy stuff.

rspeer

• Witch
  • Respect: +877
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 03:53:38 pm »
+1

If anybody wants to redesign the player pages, I'd be all for it. But like rrenaud, I'm pretty busy with other things, like Dominiate.

My ideal for the page would be a few "previews" of things you can look up about the player, plus links to "More info".

So, for example, you get their most recent 3 games like you do now, then a link to the game search page. The card stats section could have a list of their 5 best and 5 worst cards (by win rate given available, which I think is the most reliable statistic if you correct for low-frequency outliers), and then link to their "popular buys" page. The achievements could show a few recent achievements, and then link to the full list.

This isn't just for aesthetics: these pages are starting to take a ridiculous amount of time to load because of how much data they have to pull out of the DB.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.