Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Should I start streaming?  (Read 10217 times)

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
  • Respect: +109
    • View Profile
Re: Should I start streaming?
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2014, 02:39:23 pm »
+1

My experience has always been that I play way worse when reading the chat just because it takes a lot of mental effort to switch between and process two separate streams of information. It's not trivial to respond to jsh's jokes. And if you play at a reasonable rate the 20 second delay will usually make their advice too late. Plus why would I listen to those scrubs in the chat?

In theory, the chat + streamer could form some superior hive mind, but it doesn't really work that way.

I know when I played chess and had some 2400 people watching and giving me advice you think I would be able to crush people with that advice (I'm like 1400 rating). Somehow I would almost always get confused and end up playing worse trying to switch between what they were saying and what I was thinking. I would end up blundering all my pieces. I ended up doing much better when I started ignoring the advice from the masters.

Was really interesting how that happened
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

SirD

• Bishop
  • Life is supposed to be fun
  • Respect: +55
    • View Profile
Re: Should I start streaming?
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2014, 09:16:24 pm »

And often it's the case that I feel like watching someone streaming, but nobody's stream is online.

Yeah, let's get 24/7 streaming going.
Greetings,
SirDagen
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 20 queries.