Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M54: Musical Mafia - GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN!  (Read 105688 times)

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
M54: Musical Mafia - GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN!
« on: November 12, 2014, 06:52:29 pm »

M54: Musical Mafia
"Without music, life would be a mistake" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Mod: Archetype

Signups:
1. silverspawn Crushed by an orchestra N1. He was Painters of the Tempest by Ne Obliviscaris a Town Backup
2. chairs
3. Ichimaru Gin
4. Eevee
5. Teproc
6. XerxesPraelor Sang too softly D2. He was Let all Mortal Flesh Keep Silence by John Rutter a Vanilla Townie
7. sudgy Struck a wrong chord D1. He was Brass Goggles by Steam Powered Giraffe a Town JOAT
8. Hydrad
9. Beyond Awesome
10. Witherweaver
11. xxpittip Couldn't hold a tune D3. He was Enter Sandman by Metallica a Vanilla Townie.
12. Hugovj
13. A Drowned Kernel Bashed in the head with a guitar N3. He was Four Color Love Story by The Metasciences a 1-shot Bulletproof Bodyguard.

Taggers: ashersky, mpsprs, AndrewisFTTW, pacovf, Voltaire

Checkpoints:
D1 Start
D2 Start
Basic Mafia Ruleset (changes in blue)

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun!  Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

Please read The Civility Pledge before signing up for any mafia game on this site.  If you have not /pledged there, you cannot play.

Excessive personal attacks or uncivil behavior may be dealt with by modifiers or modkills.

Game Summary:

Mafia is a social deduction game.  There is an "informed minority" (the mafia) and an "uninformed majority" (the town).  The mafia know who each other are, and are trying to be the only people left alive.  The town doesn't know who anybody else is, and are trying to find and lynch all of the mafia.  The mafia, to make sure the town doesn't know who they are, must pretend to be town to win.  The mafia usually can kill at night, to help them in being the only ones left alive.

1. General Gameplay and Etiquette:

1. You may not quote information (either real or fabricated) from any source other than the thread you are posting in. This means no quotes from PMs and no quotes from QTs in the main thread or in another QT. Paraphrasing is acceptable. If you are unsure whether a post is legal, please ask the moderator before posting.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.  Mafia members may communicate at night and during the confirmation stage.
3. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to all mods by the posted deadline (generally 48 hours from Night start during the first few Nights; later Nights may have shorter deadlines. I reserve the right to extend or shorten these deadlines depending on the gamestate/RL events.). In case of multiple submissions, the last valid one before the deadline will be used.  If your Night action is mandatory, it will be decided randomly.
4. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage). Unless otherwise noted.
5. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mods know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase. A player who hasn't submitted an action by the Night deadline will default to "No Action".
6. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 24 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.

2. Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:

1. A simple majority (rounded up) of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur prior to deadline.
2. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.  Further votes will also be ignored.
3. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until the mods lock the thread; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
4. We'll generally be playing with 10 Day day deadlines.
5. If a majority hasn't been reached by deadline, the day will end in a "No Lynch".
6. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName.  Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold or do not follow this syntax! Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
7. Please submit vote revocations as either Unvote: PlayerName or Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
8. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
9. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post in the game or in quicktopics, besides the supplied spectator topic.. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent.
10. If the thread is locked, you may not post.  Threads can be locked for various reasons, but no matter what the reason, you may not post.  The mod may forget to lock the thread, but if they say it is locked, it is still locked.

3. Miscellaneous/Mechanics:

1. Bold, colored text is reserved for the Mods.  No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mods privately.  Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread. This includes issues with other players and potential /outing.
3. The Mods may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently.  Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.  These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game. This includes Vote Counts.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mods so that they don’t get missed.
5. Prods of missing players will be issued upon request after 24 hours of no activity.  A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement.  A player who has been prodded 2 times is subject to replacement under rule 3.10 without further notice.
6. Please do not discuss ongoing games, it can unintentionally affect the other game.
7. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, which may include modkill(s) if needed.
8. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.  Treat this game as a commitment.  Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
9. Players who discover they are too busy to play in a game or want to leave the game for civility issues are not allowed to officially /out in the thread.  A request to /out must only be done via a PM to the moderator.  Please do not use this as a manipulation technique.  (Note players may continue to threaten to /out or imply that they might as long as it does not include an official request).  Requests to /out are final once submitted.  There will be no /outing and then /inning back into the game so make sure that when you /out you have thought it through and really want to do it. Players that can't be replaced will simply be mod-killed.
10. If a player wants to /out, they may be replaced by anyone on D1-D3.  After this, a player who /outs may not be replaced.  It is up to the mod's discretion whether to modkill the player or do something else under these circumstances.

Helpful Links:

Wiki Links:

--Main Wiki Page

--Newbie Guide

--Frequently Asked Questions

--Commonly Used Abbreviations

--Mafia Theory

Forum Links:

--Vacation/Limited Access announcements

--Mafia Lingo/Dictionary
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 09:05:18 pm by Archetype »

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M54: Musical Mafia
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 06:52:41 pm »

Welcome to M54: Musical Mafia

This is a Closed game. This means that there will be no prior information given regarding which powers/alignments are included in the game. However, I will say that this game is on the simpler side. It's design is much closer to Mean Girls than, say, Deep Space Nine.

Before the game starts, every player who has /inned must PM me some sort of the song (please include the song title and artist). This can be any song you chose, however I do reserve the right to decline a song's inclusion only in certain cases (overtly offensive, unnecessarily vulgar, something I don't consider a "song"). The song you choose will be your Flavor Name and will help in determining which Role you receive. While what roles are included in the game are hidden, rolefishing is allowed when submitting your songs. When a player dies, their flavor name, role, and a link to their song will be posted. So make sure the song you request is one you'd want to hear at your funeral. :)

Sample Vanilla Town Role PM:

Welcome, [Player Name], to M54: Musical Mafia! You are Rockstar by Nickelback, a Vanilla Townie. You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated and at least one Town-aligned player is still alive.

No one likes Nickelback. And despite what your name may say, you're not a Rockstar. You have no powers at all except for your vote. Don't ruin that too.

Thanks for playing. Hope you have fun!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 11:53:46 pm by Archetype »

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 06:55:17 pm »

/first

/in

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 06:59:09 pm »

is this that setup i looked over for you way back when?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 07:03:11 pm »

/in

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 08:09:33 pm »

is this that setup i looked over for you way back when?
Naw. I couldn't find an elegant way to fix the powers for scum, so I decided to run this instead. Hopefully it'll be just as cool!

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 08:10:14 pm »

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 08:11:57 pm »

/in

looks awesome!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2014, 08:12:25 pm »

The song you choose will be your Flavor Name and will help in determining which role you receive.

wait, what? does that mean the roles aren't distributed randomly? I thought this was some kind of law.

Not that I think this isn't an amazing concept.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2014, 08:16:52 pm »

The song you choose will be your Flavor Name and will help in determining which role you receive.

wait, what? does that mean the roles aren't distributed randomly? I thought this was some kind of law.

Not that I think this isn't an amazing concept.
The song you choose does have some influence on the role you get.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: M54: Musical Mafia (3/13)
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2014, 08:17:32 pm »

/in

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M54: Musical Mafia - Signups (4/13)
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2014, 08:43:03 pm »

/in

Do I also choose a song?
Edit: I see.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 08:44:53 pm by XerxesPraelor »

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2014, 08:51:45 pm »

/in
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2014, 10:45:36 pm »

/tag
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
Re: M54: Musical Mafia - Signups (6/13)
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2014, 11:49:52 pm »

/in
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2014, 12:33:42 am »

something I don't consider a "song"

As a reference point how do you feel about John Cage's 4'33?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2014, 12:35:10 am »

You just get to be a tree stump all game

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2014, 01:38:47 am »

I feel like it's an interesting way to look at what can/can't be considered a "song", but I won't allow it. Don't be 'that guy' - submit something cool!

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
Re: M54: Musical Mafia - Signups (6/13)
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2014, 01:41:13 am »

/in

although I'm not the most musical person out there so I don't know many songs. Still looks interesting
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: M54: Musical Mafia - Signups (8/13)
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2014, 01:56:48 am »

/in

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: M54: Musical Mafia - Signups (4 spots left!)
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2014, 09:40:25 am »

/in

xxpittip

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2014, 11:22:37 am »

/in

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2014, 12:41:41 pm »

eh I'll just /tag
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M54: Musical Mafia - Signups (2 spots left!)
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2014, 01:02:54 am »

As a professional musician, I believe I am obligated to

/tag
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M54: Musical Mafia - Signups (2 spots left!)
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2014, 01:49:02 am »

As a professional musician, I believe I am obligated to

/tag
You should feel obligated to play!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 19 queries.