Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Timeline for MF's overhaul?  (Read 4700 times)

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
Timeline for MF's overhaul?
« on: November 10, 2014, 04:49:02 pm »
+4

This comes off of a really painful game -- super-interesting league match where it was neck-and-neck. My opponent's internet went out for 5 seconds and Goko dropped the game. This was after we scheduled our match for one of Goko's two weekly server restarts, so we spent 1.5 hours and managed to finish one game (though we should have known better than to schedule our match for when that was going to happen. It's technically our fault but MAN was that annoying.)

These things would be much better if Goko/MF would perform that overhaul they teased us with so long ago, where they make their product into something that might be legitimately coded and stuff? Remember that? It's the whole reason why they aren't fixing anything anymore, you know? I looked on the MF forums and couldn't find any updates on this from the past few months.

And with a new expansion coming along, the whole idea of them pretending to do an overhaul to fix everything just to shut us up so they can leave this thing alone gets much scarier. Has anyone heard anything recently? Or maybe I should just start a thread on the MF forums -- if I can figure out how to do that. Ugh.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
Re: Timeline for MF's overhaul?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 05:04:02 pm »

It was maddening.  Sometimes I time out and Goko catches it, but there it just logged me out as soon as I reconnected. 

I think Goko is probably focusing on adventure mode or something before the overhaul?  But generally speaking, no, they have been very quiet about the whole thing lately.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 08:07:04 pm »
+1

I am a patient person (and have given online Dominion the benefit of the doubt for.... well, years now), but this is getting ridiculous. They are either horrible programmers taking this long or they are lying about what progress they are making and what they intend to actually do with the site. Neither options inspire confidence.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 08:08:57 pm »
+1

I am a patient person (and have given online Dominion the benefit of the doubt for.... well, years now), but this is getting ridiculous. They are either horrible programmers taking this long or they are lying about what progress they are making and what they intend to actually do with the site. Neither options inspire confidence.

I assume they either have no money or are prioritizing other games.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 08:12:14 pm »

Be careful what you wish for. Remember that when the overhaul happens that Salvager will no longer work with Goko. Let's hope that they at least keep the Salvager functions present which is something they said they would aim to do with the overhaul.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 09:51:28 pm »
+1

Woah, I better not have to regret rejoining the League for season 5.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 10:03:36 pm »

Be careful what you wish for. Remember that when the overhaul happens that Salvager will no longer work with Goko. Let's hope that they at least keep the Salvager functions present which is something they said they would aim to do with the overhaul.
Yeah, Goko refresh is going to be like isotropic going down all over again.

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2014, 10:13:02 pm »

No please no please no please no please no never again.

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2014, 10:42:15 pm »
+5

Goko is getting updated?

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2014, 10:45:35 pm »

Goko is getting updated?

Supposedly, MF is recreating Goko Dominion from scratch. At least, that was what they said many, many months ago.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2014, 11:15:25 pm »

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if they release the new Dominion Online when they also implement the new expansion. Everything at once. Still, not giving any updates on progress is pretty strange.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2014, 11:23:57 pm »

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if they release the new Dominion Online when they also implement the new expansion. Everything at once.

I don't know for certain that this won't happen, but I'd be surprised if it was planned.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2014, 11:37:36 pm »

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if they release the new Dominion Online when they also implement the new expansion. Everything at once. Still, not giving any updates on progress is pretty strange.

Donald X. said they might not even know the contents of the expansion until its physical release. Jay doesn't want any leaks.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2014, 11:47:04 pm »

Donald X. said they might not even know the contents of the expansion until its physical release. Jay doesn't want any leaks.

Remember when those Dark Ages cards leaked early on Goko? That was awesome! It's hard to believe it hurt sales at all.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25712
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2014, 12:11:45 am »

I think Goko is probably focusing on adventure mode or something before the overhaul?  But generally speaking, no, they have been very quiet about the whole thing lately.
As you know, so I don't know why you're saying it, MakingFun - not to be confused with Goko, a different entity - just made the new campaigns. And I have been trying them out and seeing if they're too hard or easy or what.

I am guessing this means that the main stuff for the new server code etc. whatever is done, but for all I know they haven't done say the new matchmaking yet, I mean Jeff hasn't brought that up so there you go.

I don't know why it's taken so long; they have forums if you want to ask them.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2014, 12:15:00 am »
+1

As you know, so I don't know why you're saying it, MakingFun - not to be confused with Goko, a different entity - just made the new campaigns. And I have been trying them out and seeing if they're too hard or easy or what.

I am guessing this means that the main stuff for the new server code etc. whatever is done, but for all I know they haven't done say the new matchmaking yet, I mean Jeff hasn't brought that up so there you go.

I don't know why it's taken so long; they have forums if you want to ask them.

This is good news. Personally, I don't want MF to feel rushed and release a half-assed product.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 20 queries.