Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 259  All

Author Topic: Homage to the Best Card  (Read 2288761 times)

Minotaur

• Margrave
  • Respect: +3960
    • View Profile
Re: Homage to the Best Card
« Reply #5225 on: July 03, 2015, 10:18:03 am »
+3

*Plays Band of Misfits as a fully armed and operational Death Cart*
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #5226 on: July 03, 2015, 12:59:56 pm »
+10

Am I doing it right?

ChocophileBenj

• Minion
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: July 03, 2015, 03:49:17 pm »

It's "live long and prosper" (thanks Google) !

By the way...
Chocolate is like victory points in Dominion. Both taste good but they'll hurt you if you eat too much of it instead of something else in your early days.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: July 03, 2015, 04:07:41 pm »
+2

By the way...

That's not an unpopular opinion.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #5229 on: July 03, 2015, 04:23:29 pm »
+5

ChocophileBenj

• Minion
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: July 03, 2015, 05:18:23 pm »

By the way...

That's not an unpopular opinion.

Nor are many unpopular opinion puffin I meet across 9gag or even Google Images. But I guess it'll be unpopular to Dominion Online developers, and maybe even owners of physical Dominion ?
Chocolate is like victory points in Dominion. Both taste good but they'll hurt you if you eat too much of it instead of something else in your early days.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: July 03, 2015, 05:51:35 pm »
+16

Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
  • Respect: +1013
    • View Profile
« Reply #5232 on: July 03, 2015, 06:00:13 pm »
+6

Although if we kept playing Highways, we'd eventually run into our best friend the Polony.
Sure it's just a game. The same way that your best friend in the whole world is "just a friend".

TwitchYouTubeMusic

!!CHANGED MY USERNAME ON 2.0!!

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #5233 on: July 03, 2015, 06:42:43 pm »
+3

By using the Unpopular Opinion Potion image for that text, you're suggesting that believing "[Exploder is the best $5 card] is nonsense" is itself an unpopular opinion, meaning most people believe that to think "Explorer is the best $5 card" is merely an unpopular opinion.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: July 03, 2015, 06:52:17 pm »
+5

By using the Unpopular Opinion Potion image for that text, you're suggesting that believing "[Exploder is the best $5 card] is nonsense" is itself an unpopular opinion, meaning most people believe that to think "Explorer is the best $5 card" is merely an unpopular opinion.

"Explorer is the best $5 card" has more upvotes than my meme, which illustrates that it is considered valid by the majority, making my use of the unpopular opinion potion valid. The less upvotes i have, the more right i am. You can rectify this by upvoting me.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #5235 on: July 03, 2015, 07:29:00 pm »
+4

Wouldn't the original "Explorer is the best $5 card" image be upvoted because people agree that it's an unpopular opinion, not that they think Explorer is the best $5 card?

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #5236 on: July 03, 2015, 08:14:26 pm »
+7

Controversy Contraband to the rescue!
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5237 on: July 03, 2015, 08:32:14 pm »
+1

Wouldn't the original "Explorer is the best $5 card" image be upvoted because people agree that it's an unpopular opinion, not that they think Explorer is the best $5 card?

The "unpopular opinion" meme the Potion version follows is used to express the fact that the poster has an opinion and likes to state it, even though he knows it's unpopular. Like:

I'm complaining that "Explorer is the best $5" has nothing to do with this meme. First, it's obviously not Seprix' actual opinion. Second, it's arguably an opinion at all. You wouldn't say "2+2=Cheesecake" is an unpopular opinion just because it's a blatantly false statement.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #5238 on: July 03, 2015, 09:07:34 pm »
+15

« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 09:09:39 pm by eHalcyon »

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #5239 on: July 03, 2015, 09:13:36 pm »
+8

First Turn Problems!

Clarification:  Baker is the protagonist of this meme.  The Baker card is not assumed to be in the Supply.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #5240 on: July 03, 2015, 09:52:47 pm »
+5

Okay, some of these are starting to feel forced.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5241 on: July 03, 2015, 10:01:39 pm »
+5

DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #5242 on: July 03, 2015, 10:41:58 pm »
+5

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #5243 on: July 03, 2015, 10:51:25 pm »

Hrm, before switching into Software Engineering, I had to learn all about those engines in Mechanical Engineering thermodynamics courses. Engines were easier to understand than fridges for some reason, I think. Not particularly good memories.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5244 on: July 03, 2015, 11:17:07 pm »
+3

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #5245 on: July 03, 2015, 11:32:50 pm »

Hrm, before switching into Software Engineering, I had to learn all about those engines in Mechanical Engineering thermodynamics courses. Engines were easier to understand than fridges for some reason, I think. Not particularly good memories.

Refrigerators are weird.  I think I almost understood the idea once, but it was pretty flipping wierd.  Like you squeeze 40-degree gas into 42-degree liquid, but then you take the pressure away and it evaporates into 35-degree gas or something, because that excess energy is all like, "we can't be this hot at this pressure if we haven't become a gas yet".  Because reasons, I don't know.

Anyway, I ended up doing math because at least at that stage it was easier.  The sort of clarity of definitions and domain-range input-output sorting-out on the theory side of math is sort of like basics of programming, from what little I know of that.

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #5246 on: July 04, 2015, 03:19:29 am »
+2

Refrigerators are weird.  I think I almost understood the idea once, but it was pretty flipping wierd.  Like you squeeze 40-degree gas into 42-degree liquid, but then you take the pressure away and it evaporates into 35-degree gas or something, because that excess energy is all like, "we can't be this hot at this pressure if we haven't become a gas yet".  Because reasons, I don't know.

Anyway, I ended up doing math because at least at that stage it was easier.  The sort of clarity of definitions and domain-range input-output sorting-out on the theory side of math is sort of like basics of programming, from what little I know of that.

You squash it and the temperature rises, so heat flows out.  You then let it return to its original size, but some heat has been lost so it's colder than when it started.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #5247 on: July 04, 2015, 03:36:35 am »

You squash it and the temperature rises, so heat flows out.  You then let it return to its original size, but some heat has been lost so it's colder than when it started.

Oh.  Weird.  I thought it had something to do with the liquid-gas transition.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5248 on: July 04, 2015, 08:37:17 am »

It took me forever to realize this was a pun. Chapeau.
Edit: Probably partly because i didn't realize the commonly used expression is "draw engine".
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 08:38:36 am by Asper »

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +856
    • View Profile
« Reply #5249 on: July 04, 2015, 12:02:38 pm »
+1

You wouldn't say "2+2=Cheesecake" is an unpopular opinion just because it's a blatantly false statement.
But 2 + 2 does equal Cheescake in base Ramsey.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 259  All

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 21 queries.