Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 259  All

Author Topic: Homage to the Best Card  (Read 2289001 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3388
    • View Profile
Re: Homage to the Best Card
« Reply #3200 on: March 22, 2014, 03:14:35 pm »
+19

I created a meme for Stef.

This is based on a comment he made during AdamH's Gokodom streaming match, where he suggested that Adam's optimal play was to use ambassador to return "at least one Silver."
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: March 22, 2014, 03:18:53 pm »
+2

You're using ambassador, an attack card. Obviously you have to consider it an attack!
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

SirClemens

• Navigator
  • A very creative personal text
  • Respect: +484
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: March 22, 2014, 03:47:58 pm »
+8

Too bad Dominion doesn't have Gunpowder.

Minotaur

• Margrave
  • Respect: +3960
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: March 22, 2014, 04:02:03 pm »
+7

Better love story than Twilight.
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: March 22, 2014, 05:25:38 pm »
+1

overpay doesn't work like that.

Chuck Norris can gain Ruins for Stonemason.

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5459
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: March 22, 2014, 06:12:30 pm »

When Chuck Norris plays you in Dominion, you end the game with 11 Scouts in your deck.

I remember that iso glitch.

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=6667
Well you *do* need a signature...

Trogdor the Burninator

• Golem
  • Respect: +76
    • View Profile
Dominion.games username: Jolinar of Malkshur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHF_bIjIPAE

(I did not create the Trogdor the Burninator song nor am I associated with its producers in any way.  I just think it sounds cool. :P)

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: March 22, 2014, 08:40:21 pm »

discard is also a combination of the prefix dis-, meaning negation, and card, meaning card. So to literally discard could mean you physically destroy the card.

and dis on german is colloquial for bullying... maybe he wants to make fun of the cards?
It has the same colloquial meaning in America as well.

I would say its meaning is more like "insulting" or "speaking ill of" than "bullying"

Actually the german slang word "dissen" which we are talking about here comes from the english "diss" and means the same initially. The use is most relevant in rap culture. It has extended to mean bullying in general.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: March 22, 2014, 09:34:06 pm »
+4

The meme is Bad Luck Brian.  He has bad luck.  This isn't bad luck...

He was unlucky enough to be affected by a random bug in Goko.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

StrongRhino

• Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: StrongRhino
  • Respect: +247
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: March 22, 2014, 11:48:17 pm »
+1

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #3210 on: March 22, 2014, 11:52:17 pm »
+5

Seems more like a BLB here to me.

Sounds more like Bad-At-Dominion-Brian. Why are you playing a KC-Torturer-Golem-Possession deck?
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: March 23, 2014, 01:35:57 am »
+2

Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

ragingduckd

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: March 23, 2014, 02:04:21 am »
+3

I created a meme for Stef.

This is based on a comment he made during AdamH's Gokodom streaming match, where he suggested that Adam's optimal play was to use ambassador to return "at least one Silver."

People who create new memes should share the base image.  How am I supposed to make a Stef meme, huh?  I don't have time to copy-n-paste all of those wishing wells?

Even more importantly, how am I supposed to make an "Emotions of Picard" meme?  I don't even know what episodes those are from!
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3213 on: March 23, 2014, 05:13:45 am »

Sounds more like Bad-At-Dominion-Brian. Why are you playing a KC-Torturer-Golem-Possession deck?
Edge case: you bought Possession from the Black Market deck to deny it from your opponent.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

SirClemens

• Navigator
  • A very creative personal text
  • Respect: +484
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: March 23, 2014, 07:16:04 am »
+6

Too bad Dominion doesn't have Gunpowder.

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: March 23, 2014, 07:31:42 am »
+16

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: March 23, 2014, 10:35:20 am »
+1

Edge Case: His Golem played two Hagglers, the Copper- and the Silverpiles are empty and there are no 3$ and 4$s in the kingdom and he REALLY needs that Stonemason.

Haggler still uses the base cost of $2, since overpay is defined as a when-buy mechanic. I think.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: March 23, 2014, 10:44:15 am »
+3

Actually i think SirClemens gave a pretty fitting example of Good Guy Greg. While it's allowed by the rules to use another players coin tokens, it's certainly a situation that feels unfair in a way. Greg doesn't want to be mean, so he refrains from using them.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: March 23, 2014, 10:44:40 am »
+1

Edge Case: His Golem played two Hagglers, the Copper- and the Silverpiles are empty and there are no 3$ and 4$s in the kingdom and he REALLY needs that Stonemason.

Haggler still uses the base cost of $2, since overpay is defined as a when-buy mechanic. I think.

If you buy a Stonemason with two Hagglers in play, then the two Hagglers cause you to gain two non-victory cards costing less than Stonemason - the only such remaining pile is Ruins.  The joke is that you are forced to gain two Ruins by the Haggler mechanism.  You are NOT forced to "overpay by zero" for the Stonemason, because that's not how Overpay works.  It was a pretty impressive edge case.

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: March 23, 2014, 10:46:02 am »
+6

...Because he throned the possession, right?

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: March 23, 2014, 10:54:31 am »
+9

Actually i think SirClemens gave a pretty fitting example of Good Guy Greg. While it's allowed by the rules to use another players coin tokens, it's certainly a situation that feels unfair in a way. Greg doesn't want to be mean, so he refrains from using them.

I really disagree with that.  For me, the strategic interaction of the cards is what makes Dominion fun.  To say that you should avoid effective counters out of politeness seems like a poor precedent to me.

I think this is a more appropriate Good Guy Greg:

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: March 23, 2014, 11:00:53 am »

I really disagree with that.  For me, the strategic interaction of the cards is what makes Dominion fun.  To say that you should avoid effective counters out of politeness seems like a poor precedent to me.

I think this is a more appropriate Good Guy Greg:

I think in the case of coin tokens, Good Guy Greg probably thinks that the card should be written so that the tokens are set aside and returned at the end of the turn, and that he's making a friendly protest against the wording of the card.  After all, you magically get your Victory cards back if you "trash" them, so why not Coin Tokens?  Because cards are tiny, and Alchemy is an older set - that's what it looks like to Greg.

Losing the game on purpose by top-decking the Alchemists is stretching believability, though.  There's no similar reason why you "shouldn't" be allowed to not top-deck them.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3222 on: March 23, 2014, 12:27:55 pm »

But if there were $3 or $4 cards in the kingdom, he could buy one of those cards and Haggler the Stonemasons instead of Ruins.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: March 23, 2014, 12:41:28 pm »

But if there were $3 or $4 cards in the kingdom, he could buy one of those cards and Haggler the Stonemasons instead of Ruins.

Oh, whoops. I forgot that Stonemason cost $2. I thought that it cost $5 and that you didn't want there to be other cards to gain.  That would be the worst $5 card ever (not counting Scout which gets a discount) X-P

ChocophileBenj

• Minion
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: March 23, 2014, 12:50:55 pm »

Yeah, I also think to it when I thought to "God of Death" in Deathnote which also may be simply referred to as G.O.D. ...
Chocolate is like victory points in Dominion. Both taste good but they'll hurt you if you eat too much of it instead of something else in your early days.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 259  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 21 queries.