Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 259  All

Author Topic: Homage to the Best Card  (Read 2288821 times)

gman314

• Minion
  • Respect: +281
    • View Profile
Re: Homage to the Best Card
« Reply #975 on: October 30, 2012, 07:39:52 pm »

Golem + Procession doesn't force you to play the Goons. You have to play the Procession, but it's not necessary to play any action with Procession.

ChocophileBenj

• Minion
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: October 30, 2012, 08:13:09 pm »

Let's assume you play this !!!
Chocolate is like victory points in Dominion. Both taste good but they'll hurt you if you eat too much of it instead of something else in your early days.

Varsinor

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +63
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: October 31, 2012, 08:00:51 am »

Let's assume you play this !!!

In that case it might still have been a good and not that much of a Brian-y thing to play it:
1. We don't know if the opponent couldn't have activated his Menagerie with 5 cards in hand as well (so that the Goons would have potentially hurt him). That would have been less ambiguous if he had played f. e. Festival+Library instead of Menagerie.
2. But even if it doesn't hurt the opponent, Procession-playing the Goons has earned Brian +$4 and two extra buys that turn. Which might well make trashing the Goons worthwhile. 8)

« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 07:41:57 pm by Varsinor »

thirtyseven

• Duke
  • Respect: +475
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: October 31, 2012, 10:25:51 am »
+2

Seriously though, all these are getting annoying, just my two cents (but of course I had to add just one more!).
I'm only a mid-level player, so I may be wrong...

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3388
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: October 31, 2012, 12:39:57 pm »
+2

Let me just say that I have stopped posting Scout humor, ever since someone complained about it directly to me, which made me sad. But I stopped!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

jotheonah

• Jester
  • Respect: +949
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: October 31, 2012, 12:47:57 pm »
+20

Well, don't blame me. Whenever I see a Scout joke on these forums, I put it directly in my hand, putting the other jokes back on top of the deck in any order I choose.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5459
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: October 31, 2012, 12:59:39 pm »
+4

Well you *do* need a signature...

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: October 31, 2012, 01:16:36 pm »
+7

Can we pick some dude as our internet superhero other than Norris?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/27/chuck-norris-boy-scouts-gay-policies-obama-_n_1630824.html

hehe, Scout.

Goddman I hate that man.  I was kicked out of Boy Scouts for being gay, so this... this really just pisses me off.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

aaron0013

• Explorer
  • Respect: +220
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: October 31, 2012, 02:56:17 pm »
+2

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +856
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: October 31, 2012, 03:39:30 pm »
+2

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/27/chuck-norris-boy-scouts-gay-policies-obama-_n_1630824.html

hehe, Scout.

Goddman I hate that man.  I was kicked out of Boy Scouts for being gay, so this... this really just pisses me off.
You were actually kicked out?  I don't think you missed much.

I left in week 3, after my first overnight campout. As the FNG, I got assigned the breakfast dishes. No prob, but an Eagle scout gave me the cast iron skillet back to wash again, saying it was "greasy".  I figured that if an Eagle scout didn't know how to properly maintain the seasoning on a cast iron pan, he didn't know much about his gear.  I juxtapose this with your comment because I find the irony delicious.  All of the gay men (and women) in my life knew how to treat a cast iron skillet at an age younger than this nimrod.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: October 31, 2012, 03:41:16 pm »

hehe, Scout.

I left in week 3, after my first overnight campout. As the FNG, I got assigned the breakfast dishes. No prob, but an Eagle scout gave me the cast iron skillet back to wash again, saying it was "greasy".  I figured that if an Eagle scout didn't know how to properly maintain the seasoning on a cast iron pan, he didn't know much about his gear.  I juxtapose this with your comment because I find the irony delicious.  All of the gay men (and women) in my life knew how to treat a cast iron skillet at an age younger than this nimrod.

I have no idea what a cast iron skillet is, nor why would washing it make a difference, does this mean I am not allowed to be gay?!
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: October 31, 2012, 03:44:25 pm »

...cast iron skillet back to wash again...

<vader> Nooooooooo! </vader>

All of the gay men (and women) in my life knew how to treat a cast iron skillet at an age younger than this nimrod.

In all fairness to younger people like myself (I've gotten an idea of your age elsewhere) (and I'm not all that young), most of us didn't use cast iron skillets as kids.  That's no defense of the idiot in your troop though.

Now I am sad because I cast use my cast iron pans on my current stove.

Also, keep the Scout jokes coming Robz!
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: October 31, 2012, 03:51:39 pm »

hehe, Scout.

I have no idea what a cast iron skillet is, nor why would washing it make a difference, does this mean I am not allowed to be gay?!
Sorry, sometimes I forget how old I am.  My story is from the 70's.

Picture a frying pan, cast out of pure iron, so it's heavy.  In the days before Teflon (TM) or other non-stick pans, it was the Lexus of pans. (Many are treasured (and fought after) family heirlooms, passed down for generations, and a lot of that is because it takes a while to properly "season" or condition one).  Once properly seasoned, they are non-stick, and their heaviness ensures very uniform heat distribution.  However, using soap to get rid of the "greasy" would get rid of the seasoning, and make the pan virtually useless.

http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/cooking-tips-techniques/preparation/cleaning-seasoning-cast-iron-skillet-10000001178519/index.html

Edit: Ninja'd (but in an ever so cool, and gentle, way) :)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 03:52:54 pm by SwitchedFromStarcraft »
Posting begets posting.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: October 31, 2012, 03:56:06 pm »
+2

I juxtapose this with your comment because I find the irony delicious. 

I take it that this is properly seasoned cast irony.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: October 31, 2012, 03:57:38 pm »

I juxtapose this with your comment because I find the irony delicious. 

I take it that this is properly seasoned cast irony.
I hereby pan that pun.
Posting begets posting.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3388
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: October 31, 2012, 04:13:21 pm »
+4

I really appreciate the support, Kirian. I've been trying to come up with a good way to transition into Adventurer jokes, since I now think Adventurer is indeed a worse card.

But Adventurer doesn't seem to draw the responses I really wanted. Should I have just bought Gold instead? Ha! I did it, see? Yeah, not as cool as Scout jokes.

I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: October 31, 2012, 04:14:19 pm »
+1

I really appreciate the support, Kirian. I've been trying to come up with a good way to transition into Adventurer jokes, since I now think Adventurer is indeed a worse card.

But Adventurer doesn't seem to draw the responses I really wanted. Should I have just bought Gold instead? Ha! I did it, see? Yeah, not as cool as Scout jokes.

What about Witch jokes?

Man, Witch is such an awesome card.

See what I did there?

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: October 31, 2012, 04:15:07 pm »

Wishes this was a scout joke...

But Scout doesn't draw the cards responses I really wanted. Should I have just bought Silver instead?
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: October 31, 2012, 04:29:43 pm »

Wishes this was a scout joke...

But Scout doesn't draw the cards responses I really wanted. Should I have just bought handed out Silver instead?
FTFY
Posting begets posting.

Powerman

• Jester
  • Respect: +605
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: October 31, 2012, 06:27:37 pm »
+2

Why is this a first world problem?  Can't she just gain a copper, +$3 and buy a gardens?  Or am I missing something.
A man on a mission.

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: October 31, 2012, 06:34:26 pm »

snip

Why is this a first world problem?  Can't she just gain a copper, +$3 and buy a gardens?  Or am I missing something.

Because she should trash her hand here (it's turn 4 she can switch strategy still)
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Young Nick

• Minion
  • Respect: +274
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: October 31, 2012, 07:55:30 pm »

Let me just say that I have stopped posting Scout humor, ever since someone complained about it directly to me, which made me sad. But I stopped!

If that was me...I apologize. I only meant that too many people make Scout jokes. It goes without say that yours are the cleverest of them all.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: October 31, 2012, 08:45:26 pm »
+2

It did get really old when in every single new thread, like clockwork, someone would come in say something along the lines of "You know what would make your strategy better? a scout!" and then people would chime in with ever more scout "strategies".

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: October 31, 2012, 09:21:03 pm »
+4

It did get really old when in every single new thread, like clockwork, someone would come in say something along the lines of "You know what would make your strategy better? a scout!" and then people would chime in with ever more scout "strategies".

That's when you play Scout on the thread.  Look at the next four posts, put the ones with Scout jokes into your hand, then read the ones without them next turn.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Tombolo

• Tactician
  • Respect: +450
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: October 31, 2012, 11:16:27 pm »
+2

I feel like the posts about Scout jokes are close to catching up with actual Scout jokes at this point.
We’ve had a hard day at work, we’ve been looking forward to our Dominion, how can you expect us to play anything else, you ogre.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 259  All

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.