Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30  All

Author Topic: New Expansion Speculation  (Read 157162 times)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
Re: New Expansion Speculation
« Reply #625 on: December 09, 2014, 03:30:58 pm »

At least you didn't get the Call Pet/commons as your very last pack, that'd be a downer

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: December 09, 2014, 04:42:31 pm »

My account is suspended, can't log in.

I'm temporarily banned.  They said it could take 5-10 days

Guess there's lots of goko in my future

http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/2oqygb/battlenet_support_staff_are_ignoring_an_issue/

Uh, yeah, it might take a bit more.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: December 09, 2014, 06:47:17 pm »

I just accidentally bought 50 base packs

fuck shit shit fuck fuck fuck fuck shit fuck shit fuck damn damn

Someone said somewhere they are allowing a one time take back or something. You're not the first to do this. But really, how hard is it to buy the right packs?
I did this also and here's my best explanation. (I only did it with like 14 packs and got a Grom out of one, which I was missing, so I didn't bother trying to get them switched.) There are a few things going on.

First: habit. If you buy packs often, the steps go: 1. Click shop. 2. Select quantity. 3. Buy.

Select pack type isn't a step in there, because previously there weren't any pack types. Habit is very powerful and subconscious, so it may well carry you through the buying process without you noticing that a new step is required. Habits are sticky, so even if you buy GvG packs correctly once, you may coast through purely on habit the next time and get the wrong kind.

But why wouldn't people pay conscious attention to pack type? That brings us to...

Second: misdirection. Picking quantity of packs to buy with gold involves arithmetic, which requires conscious processing. Even for buying packs with money, you still need to decide how many you want. It's only possible to consciously think about a single thing at once, so because you're thinking about quantity, you're NOT thinking about pack type.

Third: priming. A defense against habits is to notice that something "feels wrong" and direct your conscious attention to figure out why. But in this case, there were a couple things making the situation feel right. When you log in, you get a GvG banner, putting it in your mind. A lot of streamers also ran into trouble when returning to buy more packs after opening some already, which makes sense partly because they were already in a GvG mindset.

In conclusion, a lot of it comes down to performing the buying process subconsciously. Having the mistake be important actually doesn't matter that much as far as preventing it from happening. And as mistakes go, this one is fairly minor. If you want to read a vaguely related article, check out: article (edit: warning: disturbing content).
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 07:22:21 pm by blueblimp »

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 09, 2014, 06:59:34 pm »

article.

Way to go to set the mood, blueblimp.

I had read the article before. To other people, if you don't want to feel bad for the rest of your day (especially if you are a parent), I don't think you want to read an article about dead babies.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +532
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 09, 2014, 07:06:53 pm »

Jeeves will be good I think in Paladin Divine Favour decks and maybe some other forms of aggro (again maybe Zoo?), not sure about that one, but it seems like someone will be able to work out a way to balance all that free card draw in a way that works for them.

Trump has worked it out. It's a Mage-based Zoo deck.

http://www.trumpfans.com/decks/

He's still playing around with it, but it appears to be a lot like Zoo, but with cheap mage cards and spells. Edit: Jeeves is used to keep the cheap cards plentiful.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 07:13:42 pm by Jorbles »

blueblimp

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: December 09, 2014, 07:24:09 pm »
+1

article.

Way to go to set the mood, blueblimp.

I had read the article before. To other people, if you don't want to feel bad for the rest of your day (especially if you are a parent), I don't think you want to read an article about dead babies.
Yeah I should probably put a warning on that, my bad. Was just intended to reinforce that people can suffer lapses of attention for simple things even with severe consequences.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: December 09, 2014, 07:56:02 pm »
+1

reset came through, thank god.  Rebought the packs clicking gvg packs 10 times, looking at the gear on the back, meditating on the gears on the backs, reading the words "goblin vs. gnomes" in the purchase description

Still hoping not to get wisps when i crack them

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: December 09, 2014, 08:06:35 pm »
+1

reset came through, thank god.  Rebought the packs clicking gvg packs 10 times, looking at the gear on the back, meditating on the gears on the backs, reading the words "goblin vs. gnomes" in the purchase description

I hope your first pack has 5 Dark Wispers for comedic effect. (plus you'd get so much dust so it wouldn't even be bad)

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: December 09, 2014, 08:19:15 pm »

I hope your first pack has 5 Dark Wispers for comedic effect. (plus you'd get so much dust so it wouldn't even be bad)

I see other people getting tons of legendaries. All I got of significance so far is 2 coghammers. Plus some basic mech deck commons.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: December 09, 2014, 08:33:59 pm »

Ahah, I just saw a Mage opponent in arena play Neptulon on turn 4 through Unstable Portal. I got crushed badly. My opponent even drew the warleader.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #635 on: December 09, 2014, 08:38:08 pm »

I opened 4 Flying Machines from my 3 packs.  :(
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

nkirbit

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: December 09, 2014, 09:11:57 pm »

I got a legendary..... on my Europe account :(  I opened like 5 packs there and 20 or so in NA, but got the legendary in the wrong place :(.

blueblimp

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: December 09, 2014, 09:50:02 pm »

Priest control mirrors were pretty weird pre-GvG and are even weirder now. Shrinkmeister really shakes things up.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: December 10, 2014, 02:26:12 am »

Priest control mirrors were pretty weird pre-GvG and are even weirder now. Shrinkmeister really shakes things up.

I just watched a friend of mine steal a Sunwalker with Shrinkmeister, Cabal Shadow Priest. It was disgusting.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: December 10, 2014, 03:31:08 am »

I just watched a friend of mine steal a Sunwalker with Shrinkmeister, Cabal Shadow Priest. It was disgusting.

I had a Mechanical Yeti stolen by Shrinkmeister + Cabal Shadow Priest in arena. Needless to say, I lost that game.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: December 10, 2014, 06:47:42 am »

New discussion topic: what legendary to craft in GvG?

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=12201
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: December 10, 2014, 07:46:06 am »

Jeeves will be good I think in Paladin Divine Favour decks and maybe some other forms of aggro (again maybe Zoo?), not sure about that one, but it seems like someone will be able to work out a way to balance all that free card draw in a way that works for them.

He's still playing around with it, but it appears to be a lot like Zoo, but with cheap mage cards and spells. Edit: Jeeves is used to keep the cheap cards plentiful.
How strong is that deck? It inspired me to make a Shaman variant that I want to build.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/135698-aggro-mech-shaman

I'd like to experiment with Hobgoblin here too. These 1-attack minions are decent to good by themselves. Only 1 Powermace to ensure there are no double weapon hands. Bloodlust and Enhance-o push you to the win condition. Mech warper is used for tempo instead of Sorceror's Apprentice.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: December 10, 2014, 11:25:40 am »

How strong is that deck? It inspired me to make a Shaman variant that I want to build.

I'd like to experiment with Hobgoblin here too. These 1-attack minions are decent to good by themselves. Only 1 Powermace to ensure there are no double weapon hands. Bloodlust and Enhance-o push you to the win condition. Mech warper is used for tempo instead of Sorceror's Apprentice.

It looked pretty strong winning every game I saw it play, but he was playing at the 6-10 level as he hadn't played much ranked yet this month. He commented that he'd heard a Rogue variant was even better, but he didn't go into details about it. My guess is that it would be an aggressive Miracle variant with Jeeves replacing Gadgetzan.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: December 10, 2014, 11:43:02 am »

It looked pretty strong winning every game I saw it play, but he was playing at the 6-10 level as he hadn't played much ranked yet this month. He commented that he'd heard a Rogue variant was even better, but he didn't go into details about it. My guess is that it would be an aggressive Miracle variant with Jeeves replacing Gadgetzan.
A strong Rogue variant makes sense considering the strength of their cheap spells.

Level 6-10 is still better than my ladder record, but I don't play ladder very seriously.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: December 10, 2014, 12:15:36 pm »

It's gaining popularity quickly. I just played it, and while I won, it was a beast. I was fighting board control the entire game, down 30 HP to 5 HP on round 10. My Armorsmith, along with the "plinky" nature of the Zoo deck saved me.

That, and my opponent probably felt in dominating control up 30/15, when I had an empty board on T6, and he had Jeeves out hidden behind an 0/2 Taunts with a freeze minion in play. When I doubled out on Acolyte of Pain, he skipped them and continued to Face. The following turn was the aforementioned Armorsmith, and 2 Amani Berserkers Task Masters (AoP now 3/2, and two new cards to hand, and two Armor bonus). Turn 9 with Leeroy + Kor'Kron (he had a full board of little power minions) was fun as well.

He resigned up 13/5, after drawing my Juggernaut's Mine. :P

The deck was really strong though. I'm not sold on the Unstable Portals with that many low cost minions though. The draw was impressive, the ability to lock down weapon users was strong, and there was enough cheap taunt to hide behind to make the engine start clicking.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 01:03:40 pm by Galzria »
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: December 10, 2014, 12:21:54 pm »

I'm considering dropping Azure Drake for Siege Engine. The Draw is nice on AD, but the Spell Damage isn't a huge boost for my deck, and at a 4/4 5 drop... meh.

SE gives me a 5/5 5 drop, and running two Armorsmiths can chain massively with it.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: December 10, 2014, 12:34:18 pm »

I'm considering dropping Azure Drake for Siege Engine. The Draw is nice on AD, but the Spell Damage isn't a huge boost for my deck, and at a 4/4 5 drop... meh.

SE gives me a 5/5 5 drop, and running two Armorsmiths can chain massively with it.

Bwahaha.

I played this out in my next ranked game with a few more tweaks, and hit the prefect storm for the deck.

Endgame on T7, 25 Life left, 27 Armor. :D

Mafia Record:

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: December 10, 2014, 02:00:57 pm »
+1

The deck was really strong though. I'm not sold on the Unstable Portals with that many low cost minions though. The draw was impressive, the ability to lock down weapon users was strong, and there was enough cheap taunt to hide behind to make the engine start clicking.

I think Unstable Portal is kindof a broken card, and essential in Mage right now. Think about it this way:
8.5% of the time you get screwed and get a 0-1 drop. This is bad, but you still get a creature you just overpaid for it.
14.5% of the time you get a 2 drop, which is probably not great, but you still got a 2 drop for 2.
14.5% of the time you get a 3 drop, which you get to play ahead of curve, but you don't get to pick it. There's some bad options here, but on average this is good.
62.5% of the time you get a 4+ drop which you get to play 3 turns early. Yes, some of these cards will be bad, but 3 turns early means even a Priestess of Lelune or a Nightblade is starting to look really good. And when you get a good card (a Kel'Thuzad, a Ragnaros, a Grommosh, a Ysera) you get to play it so early that it can just win you the game.

Edit: Source
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 02:02:47 pm by Jorbles »

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: December 10, 2014, 02:09:12 pm »

I don't know the rest of your deck, but probably. Azure Drake is better if you want to get through your deck faster, but if your plan is to just prolong the game until they take the mine damage + Grommash, then the draw is not so important, and Acolyte + Shield Block is probably already enough.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: December 10, 2014, 08:59:37 pm »

Had an opponent's Shredder drop a Lorewalker Cho yesterday.

That was funny.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 21 queries.