Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30  All

Author Topic: New Expansion Speculation  (Read 157335 times)

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
Re: New Expansion Speculation
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2014, 12:48:56 am »
+2

There is a 2% chance of getting Millhouse and a 4% chance of getting Engi/Parrot. Two thirds of the time you'll get something that trades with a Raptor. It really doesn't seem swingier than existing cards. As I type this my Mad Bomber hit me in the face 3 times instead of either of my opponent's 1-health minions (the only 2 minions on the board).

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2014, 09:54:22 am »

I agree with blueblimp, that would have been better.

As it is I'm just hoping a 4 cost minion is something that non-zoo decks can get more from than zoo, balance seems like a bigger issue than swinginess to me with hearthstone currently.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2014, 10:16:07 am »

There is a 2% chance of getting Millhouse and a 4% chance of getting Engi/Parrot. Two thirds of the time you'll get something that trades with a Raptor. It really doesn't seem swingier than existing cards. As I type this my Mad Bomber hit me in the face 3 times instead of either of my opponent's 1-health minions (the only 2 minions on the board).

Are you taking into account all the new 2 drops? Most are probably better than a 1/1.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2014, 12:07:22 pm »

Are you taking into account all the new 2 drops? Most are probably better than a 1/1.
Speaking of 2 drops, what is up with that 1/2 Micromachine that gains +1 attack at the start of every turn. It's like a way worse version of Shade of Naxxramas unless you can utilize it's mech type. Without buffs, it takes 2 turns just to become a Raptor. Heck, I'd rather have Pint-Sized Summoner if I can get a 2 health minion to survive that long.

EgorK

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +74
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2014, 01:30:01 pm »
+1

Speaking of 2 drops, what is up with that 1/2 Micromachine that gains +1 attack at the start of every turn. It's like a way worse version of Shade of Naxxramas unless you can utilize it's mech type. Without buffs, it takes 2 turns just to become a Raptor. Heck, I'd rather have Pint-Sized Summoner if I can get a 2 health minion to survive that long.

Note wording - every turn, not every your turn. It's like Gruul, growing just every turn

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2014, 01:35:27 pm »

Note wording - every turn, not every your turn. It's like Gruul, growing just every turn
Oh! Well, that's a lot better then.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2014, 05:19:18 pm »

I agree with blueblimp, that would have been better.

As it is I'm just hoping a 4 cost minion is something that non-zoo decks can get more from than zoo, balance seems like a bigger issue than swinginess to me with hearthstone currently.

I don't think zoo is too strong atm. The game seems to be in a pretty decent state now. Of course the expansion will break something, so meh.

The number is rough enough that you can say I'm including the revealed cards or not. I think there's 47 released 2-drops and 5 new ones revealed. I'm obviously not counting unrevealed cards.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2014, 05:47:36 pm »

I watched a video of Trump's impressions of the cards. He pointed out that it can also summon Doomsayer. I don't know what to think of that

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2014, 06:08:04 pm »

New rogue card (2 mana 3/2 Battlecry: Give your weapon +1 attack). Looks pretty good. I think it'll be played in some sort of more aggresive deck.

The other new Goblin is pretty killer too. 3mana for 2/4 is good, and on top of that it gets 4 more attack when your opponent has 6 or more cards in hand. So far Handlock seems to be getting its butt kicked with these new cards.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2014, 06:09:31 pm »

New rogue card (2 mana 3/2 Battlecry: Give your weapon +1 attack). Looks pretty good. I think it'll be played in some sort of more aggresive deck.

The other new Goblin is pretty killer too. 3mana for 2/4 is good, and on top of that it gets 4 more attack when your opponent has 6 or more cards in hand. So far Handlock seems to be getting its butt kicked with these new cards.

That second one, Innervate on T1 will be fun.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2014, 06:16:39 pm »

That second one, Innervate on T1 will be fun.

Is it that good turn 1? It lets your opponent know they need to spend cards. I suppose it's good like that, but I think it's better as  a mini boss card against handlock who is tapping and some control decks like priest that sit and wait to be reactive.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2014, 06:21:27 pm »

Making someone do suboptimal plays to get their handsize down is still an advantage?

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2014, 06:31:51 pm »

Making someone do suboptimal plays to get their handsize down is still an advantage?

I thought about that after I posted. It depends what becomes strong after the release though. If Zoo and aggro make a bigger comeback it won't be as good. Still good though, but there will probably be better.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2014, 06:42:24 pm »

That was the idea.

With coin, P2 is at 6 cards on T1.  If they are playing Handlock, they want to pass, but now I've got a 6/4 sitting on the board, so you need to do something about it.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2014, 07:08:26 pm »

This guy seems pretty crazy in arena. It's a raptor, which is already pretty good, plus half a deadly poison for free. Yet another reason to want the coin as Rogue: you can turn 1 coin hero power, then turn 2 drop this guy to have a 3/2 on the board and a 2/2 weapon (which can kill a raptor if your opponent played one).

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2014, 07:14:18 pm »

That was the idea.

With coin, P2 is at 6 cards on T1.  If they are playing Handlock, they want to pass, but now I've got a 6/4 sitting on the board, so you need to do something about it.

And if they're Zoo, you can kill both small minions with the one 2/4. Seems like a very low risk play.

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2014, 07:34:05 pm »

Coldlight Rogue is looking more and more viable.

ycz6

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2014, 02:25:50 pm »

New card, Illuminator: http://m3.wayin.us/gobvvwc8v7pwb5k4wpb27h0lbqgxj-full.png

Neutral 2/4 for 3 Mana, "If you control a Secret at the end of your turn, restore 4 health to your hero."

Looks like they still want secrets Mage to be a thing. Also, this is the first neutral 2/4 for 3, though with Spider Tank around that's less notable.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 02:28:38 pm by ycz6 »

ycz6

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2014, 02:32:09 pm »

Also, the blue card in the current reveal vote appears to be some sort of Pirate Rogue class card, which is intriguing.

EgorK

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +74
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2014, 06:24:36 pm »

Based on some leaked card art from Blizzard site each class will get legendary. Paladin's is Bolvar, Warlock's is Mal'Ganis, Druid's is Malorne

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2014, 07:15:28 pm »

Pirate tribal is a lost cause and if the pirate has any loss in power level at all to account for it being a pirate it'll be unplayable.  Vote for the other thing!

blueblimp

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2014, 07:55:03 pm »

Pirate tribal is a lost cause and if the pirate has any loss in power level at all to account for it being a pirate it'll be unplayable.  Vote for the other thing!
None of the existing pirates pay a power cost for being a pirate, at least not like murlocs and beasts do. Sure, most of them are not played in constructed (the exception being Southsea Deckhand in some miracle decks), but that doesn't mean they are inherently underpowered cards. For example, compare Southsea Deckhand to Murloc Raider and Bloodsail Raider to River Crocolisk. I think they are rarely played because weapon synergy only really makes sense for two classes (Warrior and Rogue), and most of the existing pirates don't fit very well into existing deck archetypes for those classes.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2014, 01:33:15 am »
+1

Why is it a lost cause? It's just not strong now. If you add some Pirate that gives +1 duration to your weapon whenever you summon a Pirate or something, it becomes pretty good.

blueblimp

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2014, 02:24:44 am »

Why is it a lost cause? It's just not strong now. If you add some Pirate that gives +1 duration to your weapon whenever you summon a Pirate or something, it becomes pretty good.
I wouldn't call pirate tribal a lost cause so much as non-existent. Except for Southsea Captain (the one that buffs your other pirates), there's no synergy among the pirates except indirectly in that most of them like you to have a weapon (except Bloodsail Corsair). Captain's Parrot actually anti-synergizes with having many pirates in your deck, because you want to run just a few kinds to increase certainty about what the parrot will dig up.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2014, 11:12:49 am »

You're right, HME, but the little picture on the site doesn't look like a pirate Warleader of any sort to me, so that's why I said that.

Part of the issue is that Southsea Captain is so weak.  Sometimes he ends up being a 3/3, sometimes he ends up being a pre-nerf Shattered Sun Cleric
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30  All

Page created in 0.445 seconds with 22 queries.