• Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
  • Respect: +356
    • View Profile
Re: MTG
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2014, 10:56:19 am »

You guys saw the big news?
Reactions?
I am quite excited, and even if all other cards are totally crap rares I know everybody here including me is still going to draft/rip a shitload of boosters.

For those that do not follow the spoilers, Onslaught Fetches are getting reprinted in Khans of Tarkir.

I haven't followed lately but I'm not surprised. People had been speculating that this would happen for years now, it was pretty esssential to keep Modern affordable. Good decision on their parts, definitely.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2014, 11:18:05 am »

For those that do not follow the spoilers, Onslaught Fetches are getting reprinted in Khans of Tarkir.
What if i still don't follow?

Fetchlands are a cycle of 10 lands which search your library for another land with one of two basic types (for the cost of 1 life). Example: Misty Rainforest . Do not that they are able to search for dual lands with basic types, such as Volcanic Island and Overgrown Tomb.
First cycle of 5 lands (only allied colors) was printed back in 2002 in Onslaught. They are Legacy staples, played in basically any deck that plays lands. They were not available in Modern.
Second cycle of 5 (enemy colors this time) was printed in 2009 in Zendikar. They are both Legacy and Modern staples, seeing play in all decks. With the rise of popularity of modern and new influx of players, their price skyrocketed recently.

Now, when they print the old fetches now, they WILL be available in modern, and are a kind of a entry card for legacy, so everybody is looking forward to them!

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1084
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2014, 11:47:14 am »
+1

I stopped playing around.... *checks wikipedia* ...the Urza block.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2014, 11:48:42 am »

Many did, cuz Urza was freaking brokenly overpowered edition.

I didn't play back than, though. I am a newer player. (I'm here since RTR block  :) )
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 11:49:43 am by Grujah »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2014, 02:43:03 pm »

I started playing around the original Mirrodin block, stopped playing in IRL tournaments and following things actively around Return to Ravnica.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2014, 03:09:33 pm »
+2

This isn't about Dominion, it should be in the "Other Games" section?
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2014, 03:30:18 pm »
+1

yeah, but did they even have that section back when the thread was made?  I don't know.  I haven't been here that long
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2014, 03:42:51 pm »

yeah, but did they even have that section back when the thread was made?  I don't know.  I haven't been here that long
I haven't been here that long either, but I know. Yes, they did; the oldest posts on that section are older than this.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1965
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2014, 06:56:40 pm »

Reactions?
I am quite excited, and even if all other cards are totally crap rares I know everybody here including me is still going to draft/rip a shitload of boosters.

I'm personally more excited for the new block structure they're implementing in the future.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2014, 07:10:38 pm »

Reactions?

I'm personally more excited for the new block structure they're implementing in the future.

I find new block structure quite awesome thing and look forward to it but it cannot even compare to...
FETCHES.

It's like what everybody has been waiting for quite a few years now. And we get them. And they are legal in Modern. And its.. FETCHES.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2014, 07:13:22 pm »

Reactions?

What?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2014, 07:14:59 pm »

Reactions?

What?

This starts September next year.
No more Core Sets (2016 will be the last one).
Blocks are now two Expansions: one big and one small.
Standard is last 3 blocks.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
  • Respect: +356
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2014, 08:09:05 pm »

Reactions?

I find new block structure quite awesome thing and look forward to it but it cannot even compare to...
FETCHES.

It's like what everybody has been waiting for quite a few years now. And we get them. And they are legal in Modern. And its.. FETCHES.

Fetches aren't that exciting I mean... I suppose I'm an edge case in that I only play Limited and follow the Pro Tour (and sometimes GPs), but it's not like fetches are those super flashy cards. They're powerful and define manabases in every format they're legal in, but not "OMG AWESOME".

Block structure OTOH is also something I'm excited about, especially the no more core sets part, as those are generally very mediocre for drafting.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1965
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2014, 09:54:29 pm »

Yeah, like Teproc I only play Limited and casual, and not even either of those that much. I've been binging on the pro tours recently though and those are fun!
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

nkirbit

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2014, 10:06:10 pm »

Fetchlands are cool in that they're being reprinted for modern and legacy, since I can complete my playsets (and more people can afford modern), but I wish they didn't have to come through standard to do so.  I think they're bordering on too good and are annoying to deal with, since adding 5 shuffles into a game really does slow it down.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 10:09:06 pm by nkirbit »

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2014, 12:13:47 am »
+1

Fetches are exciting because they are way too expensive, and now they'll still be way too expensive, but slightly more reasonable.

This is why when I did play, I did just Limited - the upfront $100+ you have to spend for a manabase wasn't worth it to me.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2014, 06:19:13 am »

Fetchlands are cool in that they're being reprinted for modern and legacy, since I can complete my playsets (and more people can afford modern), but I wish they didn't have to come through standard to do so.  I think they're bordering on too good and are annoying to deal with, since adding 5 shuffles into a game really does slow it down.

I don't think they are too good in Standard environment, where you can only fetch basics.
Courser of Krupix is going to be more bonkers than already is, though.

jotheonah

• Jester
  • Respect: +949
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2014, 08:49:40 am »

Guys, I missed this thread the first time around! I've recently (Gatecrash) become super into Magic. I draft every week, but don't really play constructed other than Commander. good stuff.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2014, 08:54:27 am »

FWIW, I play mostly Modern and Standard. Draft/Sealed when I got cash for the boosters, Cube whenever we get enough people and EDH here and there.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2014, 09:10:52 am »

I play mostly Modern (I don't know anything about the format but I play a UR Ninja Faeries deck and it's been pretty successful so far) and limited on magic-league and casual constructed IRL, I think the block thing is interesting and the fetch land reprint isn't very. I used to play Legacy competitively IRL, but then I got perma-banned from MTGSuomi which was the best platform to be in the know about upcoming tournaments, and sold my deck.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 09:13:06 am by Awaclus »

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2014, 02:17:07 pm »

In this new Theros Standard I've started with Black Devotion, but as prices went astronomical after somebody won a GP I pretty much sold everything sans Thoughseizes.
Since then I've pretty much played a different deck every two weeks or so, and went to WMCQs with Rabble Red which I find pretty damn awesome.

In Modern I've used to played Dredgevine and 4-color Gifts in the past, but now am back to Gruul Zoo (No Goyf, splash white for Nacatls) and it kicks some major ass.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
  • Respect: +1793
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2014, 03:46:26 pm »
+7

I had some Magic cards once. I liked the blue ones. I had a Polar Kraken. It made me happy.

The end
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2014, 05:59:00 pm »

I had cards with landhome.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2014, 10:31:47 pm »

I've resumed playing MtG.  I've been playing casual games using an old tier3 standard deck from an old standard against current six set standard decks but its fun.  Planning to participate in the khans prerelease and start collecting cards again.

jotheonah

• Jester
  • Respect: +949
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2014, 10:29:44 am »

What does everyone think about the return of Morph?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 21 queries.