Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Alchemists FDS2  (Read 4113 times)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Alchemists FDS2
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2014, 08:00:15 pm »

After looking through a few Youtube videos, I've found the following:

Conference tiles:

1 seal => +1 rep
0 seals => -1 rep

==

2 seals => +1 rep
1 seal => -1 rep
0 seals => -2 rep

(I'm guessing these are the Apprentice versions? Yep, looks like it from your post.)

Adventurers (don't have names for them all):

-blue, -red, -green   (assassin)
-green, -blue, +red
-red, -green, +blue
+green, +blue, -red
+blue, +red, +green
+red, +green, -blue (barbarian)

NOTE: the +++ and --- DO appear in the game, and the order of the potions can matter (maybe it doesn't matter in 4p though).

==

I got a couple of artifacts from the BGG image, but several were blurry.  Found a few more in various youtube videos.  Of note -- the Silver Chalice is strictly better than the Bronze Cup.  I suppose it's OK because it's tougher to have/pay $4 in the mid-game compared to $4 in the end game?  The Silver Chalice also seems better than the Amulet of Rhetoric (immediately gain 5 reputation) but I suppose having high reputation confers other benefits as well.

Artifacts I

Periscope
$3, 1VP
Immediately after a colleague sells or tests a potion, you may look at one of the ingredients.  Choose it randomly.  Limit once per round.

Printing Press
$4, 2VP
You do not pay 1 gold to the bank when you publish or endorse a theory.

Robe of Respect
$4, 0VP
Whenever you gain reputation points, gain 1 more.  This does not apply in the final round.

Ring of Favor (promo)
$4, 2VP
You can double the effect of a favor card you play.  Limit once per round.

==

Artifacts II

Thinking Cap
$4, 1VP
Immediate effect: Test up to two separate pairs of ingredients in your hand.  Do not discard them.

Silver Chalice
$4, 6VP
This artifact has no special effect, but it still earns you victory points.

==

Artifacts III

Crystal Cabinet
$5, *VP
When scoring artifacts, this is worth 2 points for each artifact you own, including this one.

Magic Mirror
$4, *VP
When scoring artifacts, this is worth 1 victory point for every 5 reputation points you had at the end of the final round

Bronze Cup
$4, 4VP
This artifact has no special effect, but it still earns you victory points.

Decisions:

- I will use a uniform distribution for the favour cards.
- I'll also do master variant other than those conference cards.
- I will include the Ring of Favor promo unless people object.

So after re-reading the rules, I, uh... think I had better /tag instead of /in, so I can follow along for a game before I annoy you guys by asking rules questions all day.

Hey, don't worry about it.  I've got the rulebook handy now so I should be able to answer questions without trouble.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 08:03:40 pm by eHalcyon »

ghostofmars

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2014, 08:08:13 pm »

-blue, -red, -green   (assassin)
-green, -blue, +red
-red, -green, +blue
+green, +blue, -red
+blue, +red, +green
+red, +green, -blue (barbarian)

NOTE: the +++ and --- DO appear in the game, and the order of the potions can matter (maybe it doesn't matter in 4p though).
I don't recall where I got the information, it might be that it was just a speculation in some thread...

The Silver Chalice also seems better than the Amulet of Rhetoric (immediately gain 5 reputation) but I suppose having high reputation confers other benefits as well.
Reputation during the game is a double-edged sword: On the one hand it increases your gains from selling potions, on the other hand you lose more reputation if you already have some.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2014, 08:21:12 pm »

So after re-reading the rules, I, uh... think I had better /tag instead of /in, so I can follow along for a game before I annoy you guys by asking rules questions all day.

Can you confirm whether you'll play or not?  If it's just a matter of questions, I don't think anybody will mind at all.  If you just don't think you'd find it enjoyable, that is cool.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2014, 08:49:21 pm »

To everybody:

Everything is set up.  All I need to do now is make a new thread and send out PMs with links to private spreadsheets (major props to ghostofmars for some really nice spreadsheetin').  Can everybody confirm /in?  If anybody wants to back out, it might be best to wait for a fourth because I have no idea how to convert the spreadsheet to a 3 player game!

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2014, 08:50:44 pm »

I think I would have fun if I understood, but this is way more complex than I took it for at first glance.  Officially /out, but /tag so I can lrn2play when this gets rolling.  Sorry guys :(

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2014, 08:57:15 pm »

I think I would have fun if I understood, but this is way more complex than I took it for at first glance.  Officially /out, but /tag so I can lrn2play when this gets rolling.  Sorry guys :(

No worries.  FWIW, I had the opposite reaction -- after reading the rule book, I think it is a lot simpler than I'd thought it would be. :P

@ghostofmars, I may need you to tell me what to change in order to adjust the player name/letter on the spreadsheet for when we get a fourth.  Otherwise, how to change to 3p.

ghostofmars

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2014, 10:09:24 pm »

You need to adjust the conditional formatting. Replace the initial with the new player or just delete the rule if we are 3 players.
Format -> Conditional Formatting
I think the worker assignment should still work, though I don't know how the board changes for 3 players. I'm only aware of the change for the potions (only two can be sold), but there may more.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2014, 10:12:11 pm »

In rahdo's run-through he says that the 4p side has more spaces, which means the 3p side has fewer.  Could look through the video to get the correct number.

But it's probably a lot easier to just wait for a fourth...

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2015, 03:02:57 am »

Do you guys want to try 3p instead?  I'm not sure what would need to be changed though, and I may need instruction on how to actually adjust the spreadsheets.

If it works out better, I am willing to play if we get somebody new to mod.

Or I could maybe play a sort of dummy player?  Like, I could run a fourth player and intentionally try to play mediocre moves or something.  I don't know.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 03:06:05 am by eHalcyon »
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 19 queries.