Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: adventurer board!  (Read 1569 times)

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
adventurer board!
« on: October 24, 2014, 08:04:50 am »
+2

Code: [Select]
Squire, Doctor, Hermit, Bishop, Bureaucrat, Contraband, Festival, Junk Dealer, Soothsayer, Adventurer

This board has everything adventurer needs: colonies, good copper trashing, and no alternative draw/big payload. I think it's close to a must-buy. But I could be wrong, since Madman can provide draw too. What do yall think?

http://logs.prod.dominion.makingfun.com//20141024/log.50ae3f02e4b0258f50b26079.1414151697612.txt

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
Re: adventurer board!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 06:02:41 pm »
+2

Based on it being adventurer, my intuition tells me you're wrong.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3224
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 06:03:46 pm »

I think i'd try a megaturn with madmen here. but if it weren't for that, maaayyybe adventurer?

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 07:40:33 pm »
+1

Bishop-Soothsayer perhaps? Use Bishop to trash out extra golds from Soothsayer, use Junk Dealer to kick-start it and protect against enemy Soothsayers, when you burn through Curses you could possibly transition to a golden deck.

The money you're able to get out of Adventurers after heavy Junk Dealing is pretty impressive though, it's probably faster than that and handles green pretty well. Depends how many Bishops you can get per turn in in the end, which is made trickier by JD and Madman as only ways to draw cards gained this turn. Or you could get Adventurer in the Bishop deck, but at that point you might as well Colony it up...
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 07:46:48 am »

I think there is a place for Adventurer here, yes!

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 09:00:10 am »

Bishop-Soothsayer perhaps? Use Bishop to trash out extra golds from Soothsayer, use Junk Dealer to kick-start it and protect against enemy Soothsayers, when you burn through Curses you could possibly transition to a golden deck.

The money you're able to get out of Adventurers after heavy Junk Dealing is pretty impressive though, it's probably faster than that and handles green pretty well. Depends how many Bishops you can get per turn in in the end, which is made trickier by JD and Madman as only ways to draw cards gained this turn. Or you could get Adventurer in the Bishop deck, but at that point you might as well Colony it up...
In this case, Adventurer helps you draw the Gold you want to trash with Bishop. Then again, all the action splitters besides Madman decrease your hand size, so it might be better to use Adventurer for cash draw to spend.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.