Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Signups Season 5  (Read 13910 times)

-Stef-

• 2012 & 2016 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
Signups Season 5
« on: October 23, 2014, 05:54:07 am »

Season 5 will run from the 7th of December until 18th of January.
So it's six weeks instead of the regular five.
Signups for Season 5 will close Friday 5th of December.

If you want to join please post a message stating
* your username
* your timezone offset (e.g. UTC+2)
* your preferred level. Your options are:
  a) I'd prefer to play in the bottom division
  b) I'd prefer to play as high-ranked as possible.

This thread is not for people already in the League.
If you want to stay after season 4, please post an "I'll be back" message in the scheduling thread of your group after you finish your last match.

If you decide to join, you commit yourself to playing 5 matches of 6 games each against different opponents.
Please don't sign up if you have doubts about this. Leaving mid-season hurts the other players in your group.

Everybody is welcome, except for players that left mid-season without a good reason.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 04:47:50 am by -Stef- »
Join the Dominion League!

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
Re: Signups Season 5
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 08:06:42 am »
+18

Would it be possible to have an extra week in S5 like we did in S3? With all the holidays and extra reunions and parties, there will be less time than usual to play Dominion.

-Stef-

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 08:37:22 am »

Would it be possible to have an extra week in S5 like we did in S3? With all the holidays and extra reunions and parties, there will be less time than usual to play Dominion.
Please upvote soulnets post if you think this is a good plan. 8 upvotes from league players and we'll do it. Lucky him.

Personally, I expect to have more time instead of less during S5, so I won't be one of the votes.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 10:27:39 am »

I don't think I'll be on a long vacation during that time, but I upvoted Soulnet's post just in case.

On that note, I'd like to finally rejoin the Dominion League for season 5.

- markusin
- UTC-5
- Prefer the D division (I was in D rank when I left the League in season 1).

Narz

• Salvager
  • keeping it real
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 01:07:54 pm »

* First World Problems

* East Coast United States so GMT -4 (I may be elsewhere during some of the season, if I am should I update this thread?)

* b (I can play weaker opponents anytime, I'd rather get smashed in the tournament & learn something than do ok but not learn much, if its too much for my ego to bear I'll play in the lowest section next time)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 01:08:59 pm by Narz »

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 02:08:48 pm »

Thanks Stef

Username: Beyond Awesome

Time Zone will change to UTC -8 because of savings time. I live in California

I prefer option B. I am currently ranked level 37, so I would prefer to play against players of a similar skill set.

Narz

• Salvager
  • keeping it real
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 07:55:17 pm »

Question : Do I have to own all the sets?  I only own four.  I assume my opponent can start all the games (assuming they own all the sets).

Another reason I'll probably get smashed.  I'm not overly familiar with some of the sets & actively dislike some (Alchemy & the new one with Rebuild, not a huge fan of knights either).

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12839
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 07:57:21 pm »

Question : Do I have to own all the sets?  I only own four.
No, your opponent can host the games if he has more sets than you do and if he doesn't, then you'll play with those four.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 09:40:19 am »
+1

Alright, I'm in for season 5.  Option (b) is preferable.

Username:  shark_bait
Timezone:  GMT-5
Option:  (b)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 03:55:02 pm by shark_bait »
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

soulnet

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 10:04:17 am »

Alright, I'm in for season 5.  Option (b) is preferable.

Holy crap, shark attack!

I reveal Moat.

ephesos

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Ephesos
  • Respect: +290
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2014, 11:38:52 pm »

I entered late mid season without a "good" reason.(I was busy, so I forgot the forum existed for a bit... I did set a reminder to check when it said the league would start, but it bugged out)
I did try and make an effort to schedule and play my matches, but there just wasn't enough time before the season ended, so I got booted.
Would I still be welcome to come back and try again? I probably won't be able to play matches for 2 weeks in December, but I can make it up in January when I'm on break.
Username: Ephesos
Timezone: UTC -4
Preferred level: as high as possible

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
  • Respect: +690
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2014, 09:39:26 pm »

/in for Season 5!

Username: Archetype
Timezone: UTC -7
Preferred Level: A) If there was a middle of the road option, I'd take that. But I don't think I'm good enough to justify starting higher.

-Stef-

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2014, 04:52:00 am »
+2

I entered late mid season without a "good" reason.(I was busy, so I forgot the forum existed for a bit... I did set a reminder to check when it said the league would start, but it bugged out)
I did try and make an effort to schedule and play my matches, but there just wasn't enough time before the season ended, so I got booted.
Would I still be welcome to come back and try again? I probably won't be able to play matches for 2 weeks in December, but I can make it up in January when I'm on break.
Username: Ephesos
Timezone: UTC -4
Preferred level: as high as possible
Hi Ephesos,

You joined & got kicked out of season 2, which implies that you've sit out the two seasons that we usually would ban someone for. There is no official ruling here, it's just a rule of thumb. So that is the good news.

However, I'm really worried about your activity in general. I remember you not responding to my messages for weeks. I've looked you up on the leaderboard, and it says you played a total of 8 games on Goko, currently at level -16. Are you sure you're ready to join in a competitive format like this? Wouldn't it be better if you first try to get some more regular "pro games" on goko?

kind regards,
Stef

ephesos

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Ephesos
  • Respect: +290
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2014, 03:18:50 pm »

I played a lot on Isotropic, but I stopped when it switched to Goko. I started again for a bit when I signed up before, just to see how Goko was, but I don't like the interface, and I can never find games(which is really the main reason I joined, to find people to play some games with). If it helps, I can try and play more games on Goko, though the last few times I tried, the games were either miserably slow or I/my opponent got disconnected.

As for competitive, I placed 2nd and 6th in the last two WBC Dominion tournaments I went to, so I feel like I'm at least decent at the game, skill wise. Maybe not the best, but still good enough to try and compete in the lower leagues. I guess if I get beaten game after game, I'll go to an even lower league, but I still want to play challenging opponents.

-Stef-

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2014, 09:26:03 am »
+3

I played a lot on Isotropic, but I stopped when it switched to Goko. I started again for a bit when I signed up before, just to see how Goko was, but I don't like the interface, and I can never find games(which is really the main reason I joined, to find people to play some games with). If it helps, I can try and play more games on Goko, though the last few times I tried, the games were either miserably slow or I/my opponent got disconnected.

As for competitive, I placed 2nd and 6th in the last two WBC Dominion tournaments I went to, so I feel like I'm at least decent at the game, skill wise. Maybe not the best, but still good enough to try and compete in the lower leagues. I guess if I get beaten game after game, I'll go to an even lower league, but I still want to play challenging opponents.

Ok, then you're in for season 5. Please do try to get some games played before that on goko. If you really keep disconnecting, that's bad for league games as well.
Installing Salvager should help you find some games and please use message-forwarding to some email address on this forum to make sure you don't miss PM's again.
I suggest you try playing some hamlet-Jack engine. If you get through one of those without making any misclicks, you definitely got your goko-diploma.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
  • Respect: +109
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2014, 07:46:49 pm »

hmm I'm tempted to join for this season. I'm still pretty bad at the game but have recently gotten my iso level over 20! so thats big for me. I think thats still D level though.

My only issue is I'm scared that setting up all those matches will be difficult. you have to set a decent amount of time to play those 6 games. And my schedule is so weird that I have random days on and off and times I work.

I think I should still try again

Username: Hydrad
Timezone: -7
Preferred level: I would like as challanging people as I can. But I realize that D level will still crush me so I should probably go there.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

soulnet

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2014, 08:58:41 pm »

My only issue is I'm scared that setting up all those matches will be difficult. you have to set a decent amount of time to play those 6 games. And my schedule is so weird that I have random days on and off and times I work.

If you want some knowledge, my average time is a bit less than 2 hours per complete match (this includes chatting a bit in between games with my opponent, whenever they are up for it).

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2014, 07:41:05 am »

hmm I'm tempted to join for this season. I'm still pretty bad at the game but have recently gotten my iso level over 20! so thats big for me. I think thats still D level though.

I think your level seems fine for D, quite a few players in D are a similar level I think (including myself, currently 23). Even if players are better than you, you can still beat them sometimes anyway . :)
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12839
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2014, 07:50:35 am »
+7

hmm I'm tempted to join for this season. I'm still pretty bad at the game but have recently gotten my iso level over 20! so thats big for me.

An iso level of 20! would be big for anyone.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

hdu88

• Navigator
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
    • Youtube account
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2014, 05:54:46 pm »

I missed out on Seasons 3 and 4, but I'm back.

Username: Tao Chen
Timezone: UTC -8
Preferred level: b), although if there was a third option of continuing where I left off (Division B in Season 2), I would prefer that. I'm not sure how I got to Level 52, but I assure you it's not legit (passive stat growth OP?). Now that I have the reliable internet connection to play against actual humans again, it will go back down to 45 or whatever it was before.
"He looks like he doesn't know what he's doing, and then he wins."

jamfamsam

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: jamfamsam
  • Respect: +1214
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2014, 01:27:45 pm »

Username: jamfamsam
Timezone: UTC -8:00
Option A
"There is no extra charge for awesomeness..."

Heisenberg

• Baron
  • I am the one who knocks!
  • Respect: +31
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2014, 08:36:17 pm »

*Heisenberg
*UTC - 5
*As high as possible, ISO level 31

IsotropicWasBetter

• Scout
  • "Goko is the Best"- said no-one ever
  • Respect: +119
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2014, 08:58:38 pm »
+1

IsotropicWasBetter
UTC -5
Option (b)

Just to check, I don't have to like Goko to play games on it, right?

EDIT: /Out, because it turns out I'm just a troll account of another user.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 03:43:43 pm by IsotropicWasBetter »

Valkeer

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2014, 05:33:05 am »

Count me in!

User: Valkeer
Time: UTC +10
Option: (b)

Also regarding the automatic email forwarding, what's the best way to set that up?

What programs do people use to record live streams?

Thanks!

Dingan

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dingan
  • Respect: +1728
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2014, 01:01:17 pm »

I would like to play!

User: Dingan
Time: US East Coast, so UTC-5 (I think)
Option: (b)

However, I am new to these forums and have never done these "league"s before.  Can someone explain the gist of how they work, or point me to a thread that does so?
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 22 queries.