Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: GREAT board  (Read 1252 times)

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
GREAT board
« on: October 22, 2014, 05:48:27 pm »
+2

I just played this game:

http://gokologs.drunkensailor.org/static/logprettifier.html?20141022/log.505f216aa2e6714a97eee440.1414013995411.txt

Code: [Select]
Chancellor, Develop, Scheme, Talisman, Worker's Village, Bandit Camp, Butcher, Adventurer, Altar, Grand Market
We both used 8/10 kingdom cards. Really fast game, but lots of tactics. It is one of the deepest games I have seen, because all the combos are there, and you probably want to use them all, but there are endless decisions in each turn.

I am pretty proud about my next-to-last turn.

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
Re: GREAT board
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 06:00:44 pm »

I am not sure what you all did here is competitive with Butcher BM, it sure looks slow. Scheme lets you play the Butcher a little more consistently as well.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 06:08:21 pm by Mic Qsenoch »

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 06:16:52 pm »
+1

I think you want to open Chancellor(!)/Silver regardless of your strategy because getting to Butcher quickly and playing it often is key, so you want to skip Develop, which also interferes with Butcher. C/S also increases the chance of getting a lucky Altar, which is great early but not so much later. With an early Altar you can probably build a pseudo-engine with lots of Bandit Camps and Butchers, though I'd be very hesitant about getting GM over Province as the draw is poor and Butchering Provinces can end the game quickly. Without an early Altar I find it hard to imagine that a Butcher-BMish thing isn't superior, though I'd still include a Bandit Camp (Butcher-BC-2nd Butcher), so maybe that doesn't really count as BM anymore.

Some adventurous part of me wants to build a real engine that uses Adventurer for draw, but eh, I think at best that requires some really careful maneuvering just to be competitive with Butcher-BM...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 06:19:35 pm by SheCantSayNo »

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 07:11:26 pm »
+5

You guys are the worst. Next time I see you saying that gaining cards and playing them on the same turn is awesome, I will point to this thread.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.