Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Author Topic: New expansion confirmed  (Read 45157 times)

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
Re: New expansion confirmed
« Reply #150 on: October 23, 2014, 02:11:40 pm »

Overall, I think the German version is the best. I do prefer artwork on my cards, but when I am teaching people how to play, I do think the current format makes it slightly more difficult for beginners to realize the denominations of stuff. Maybe, we will get one last revised edition of the treasures when they are eventually included with the base set and intrigue.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 23, 2014, 02:51:30 pm »

Overall, I think the German version is the best. I do prefer artwork on my cards, but when I am teaching people how to play, I do think the current format makes it slightly more difficult for beginners to realize the denominations of stuff. Maybe, we will get one last revised edition of the treasures when they are eventually included with the base set and intrigue.

I teach people with the original base cards, then switch them over to the newer ones as soon as possible.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #152 on: October 23, 2014, 03:19:22 pm »
+5

I teach people with the original base cards, then switch them over to the newer ones as soon as possible.

Why do you keep switching people? You wouldn't have to teach them every time if you played against the same people more.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 23, 2014, 03:22:19 pm »
+2

Why do you keep switching people? You wouldn't have to teach them every time if you played against the same people more.

Maybe learning Dominion is what scares them away.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 24, 2014, 02:56:06 am »
+1

Maybe learning Dominion is what scares them away.

People normally tell me that my rules explanation wasn't the problem.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1966
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 28, 2014, 07:06:34 am »
+7

One of the cool parts about playing the new set was playing with so many people from the forum! <3
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 21 queries.