Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: S3 League Champion Match: Congratulations to the league champion!  (Read 16040 times)

assemble_me

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: assemble me
  • Dominion stream/yt junkie
  • Respect: +808
    • View Profile

I'm sorry I'm a bit late with this, but I dislike public polls where I'm voting for/against people.

You must hate democracy.  ;)

Well, you usually can't see for whom others vote for, can you ;)?
Join the f.ds Dominion league | My Twitch channel

... and none of his posts shall remain unedited

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
+2

I've reset the poll so that at least the results are more private. If you've already voted, I've recorded those results -- you don't need to vote again. You can, but I'm going to manually add in the votes that have already been received afterward so I'll just count the new ones. Hopefully this is better.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
  • Respect: +867
    • View Profile
+1

Adam is the hero f.ds needs, not the one it deserves.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
+3

Adam is the hero f.ds needs, not the one it deserves.

I mean, I didn't think it through, a private poll is clearly better now that I think about it. I'm just cleaning up my mess, if you find that heroic, I suppose I won't disagree or stop you :P

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
+1

I'm sorry I'm a bit late with this, but I dislike public polls where I'm voting for/against people.

You must hate democracy.  ;)

Well, you usually can't see for whom others vote for, can you ;)?

Yeah, bad joke. Anyway, I agree private polls are better here.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos

Looks like voting on the poll has slowed down and the results are pretty clear. I'm going to go ahead and close the poll.

Pretty much everyone wants Mic Qsenoch to be there, which doesn't surprise me -- as League Champion in Seasons 1 and 2, and as the highest finisher this season who isn't in the champion match this time around, I can think of nobody more qualified to offer high-level commentary. This plus his previous experience with co-commentating the GokoDom III finals means he has everything to offer, on top of the fact that he's been an active member of not only the F.DS community, but streaming in particular, for quite some time. I don't think there's a better person out there to be part of the commentating team for this match and I'm really excited he's on board.

I got a few less votes, myself, but still most people who voted gave me a nod, and I'm honored. I think my qualifications are pretty complementary to MQ's. As basically the pioneer for live-streaming Dominion, I arguably have more experience broadcasting Dominion than anyone else out there, except for maybe Wandering Winder, and I've certainly live-streamed the most. I feel very comfortable interacting with chat, other people on Skype, and making an entertaining, memorable, and interactive event.

Given the format we're looking for and the break in votes between the two of us and other candidates, it seems logical that MQ and I will be the "core" duo of commentators, and we'll be present throughout the match.

It's been a relatively popular suggestion to mix up the group of commentators and try to incorporate more people, and there's a great opportunity to do this: Silverspawn and Qvist both received a pretty good number of votes through the poll, and both expressed an interest in commentating the match. Silverspawn had a monster performance in the B division, and will be promoting up to A as a result, and Qvist has quite a following on YouTube because of ability to speak well about his high-level play.

I think it only makes sense to include both of them. We'll likely bring each of them on for a couple of games or so to join MQ and I, and I'll probably hang back in the commentary and focus more on being the voice of the chat and moderating the match (which I also have to do) during these times so it doesn't get too busy with the commentary.

Depending on the pace of the match, we may even bring some other folks on to talk for a bit as well. They could be other people who volunteered here or just people from the chat who have something interesting to say.

I'm excited we have a team of commentators picked, I'll see you all on Sunday!

Full disclosure: people who voted before I changed the poll to be private and didn't re-submit votes made up the following totals, to be added to the poll results as you can see them:

MQ - 4 votes
AH - 4 votes
Qvist - 2 votes
jsh - 1 vote
MK - 1 vote

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
Re: S3 League Champion Match: LIVE STREAMED Sunday 19 Oct. 21:00 CEST
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2014, 05:19:05 am »

I call dibs on being the guy who suggests awful plans in chat.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2014, 09:55:32 am »

I call dibs on being the guy who suggests awful plans in chat.

Dibs are delicious.  It's too bad they contain 200% of my daily caloric intake.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2014, 02:51:50 pm »

Going live now with the champion match!

http://www.twitch.tv/adamhorton

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2014, 05:59:13 pm »

Congrats Stef!
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2014, 06:00:10 pm »

Twitch past-broadcast: http://www.twitch.tv/adamhorton/b/579841817

I'll highlight and export things, and attach the chat logs, and all that good stuff.

Here are the kingdoms, along with who submitted them:

1. JW: Crossroads, Stonemason, Scheme, Steward, Caravan, Treasure Map, Worker's Village, Catacombs, Graverobber, Stables

2. Silverspawn: Shanty Town, Wishing Well, Feodum, Remake, Silk Road, Embassy, Soothsayer, Stables, Wharf, Fairgrounds

3. Silverspawn: Crossroads, Fishing Village, Menagerie, Trade Route, Baron, Bishop, Bandit Camp, Cache, Mystic, Bank

4. Awaclus: Herbalist, Fishing Village, Hermit, Masterpiece, Death Cart, Quarry, Contraband, Library, Rebuild, Fairgrounds

5. AdamH: Vineyard, Native Village, Sage, Village, Bridge, Gardens, Baker, Harvest, Junk Dealer, Grand Market

6. JW: Horn of Plenty, Rabble, Shanty Town, Spice Merchant, Steward, Mint, Trader, Merchant Ship, Trading Post, Venture

Congratulations to Stef on becoming league champion!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 06:39:52 pm by AdamH »

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2014, 09:50:07 am »
+3

Videos and such are done. I won't do a write-up of the games but here are all the links. I'll attach the chat log to this message as well.

Entire Champion Match: Twitch Highlight     YouTube Video (part 1)     YouTube Video (part 2)

Game 1: Twitch Highlight     YouTube Video     Game log
Kingdom (submitted by JW): Crossroads, Stonemason, Scheme, Steward, Caravan, Treasure Map, Worker's Village, Catacombs, Graverobber, Stables

Game 2: Twitch Highlight     YouTube Video     Game log
Kingdom (submitted by Silverspawn): Shanty Town, Wishing Well, Feodum, Remake, Silk Road, Embassy, Soothsayer, Stables, Wharf, Fairgrounds

Game 3: Twitch Highlight     YouTube Video     Game log
Kingdom (submitted by Silverspawn): Crossroads, Fishing Village, Menagerie, Trade Route, Baron, Bishop, Bandit Camp, Cache, Mystic, Bank (played with Shelters for the Champion match, though it was submitted with Estates)

Game 4: Twitch Highlight     YouTube Video     Game log
Kingdom (submitted by Awaclus): Herbalist, Fishing Village, Hermit, Masterpiece, Death Cart, Quarry, Contraband, Library, Rebuild, Fairgrounds (played with Colonies for the Champion match, though it was submitted with only Provinces)

Game 5: Twitch Highlight     YouTube Video     Game log
Kingdom (submitted by AdamH): Vineyard, Native Village, Sage, Village, Bridge, Gardens, Baker, Harvest, Junk Dealer, Grand Market

Game 6: Twitch Highlight     YouTube Video     Game log
Kingdom (submitted by JW): Horn of Plenty, Rabble, Shanty Town, Spice Merchant, Steward, Mint, Trader, Merchant Ship, Trading Post, Venture

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
Re: S3 League Champion Match: Congratulations to Stef!
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2014, 12:26:12 pm »

Spoiler in the thread title.  (Not so bad for me as I already was spoilered by watching the first three games and getting the result of the last on BGG)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3228
    • View Profile
Re: S3 League Champion Match: Congratulations to Stef!
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2014, 02:26:45 pm »

Spoiler in the thread title.
Congratulations to stef for reaching second place three times in a row. muahahaha.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.