Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Dominion Kingdoms building/searching site  (Read 1864 times)

dominionkingdoms

• Pawn
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Kingdoms
Dominion Kingdoms building/searching site
« on: October 12, 2014, 09:11:22 am »
+1

Hey everyone! I've recently built and launched a simple Dominion Kingdoms building/searching site at http://www.dominionkingdoms.com. The idea is simple: users can select the card permutations they've played with that worked well, and then other users can come in and search the user-submitted Kingdoms based on which expansions they own and/or their favorite cards! There's also a Kingdom randomizer to help you experiment with different endings to a Kingdom-in-progress.

Anyway, it's new so I'm trying to get it some traction. Thus, everyone who submits a Kingdom by December 1st is entered to win 2 Dominion expansions of their choice! :)

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion Kingdoms building/searching site
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 09:56:35 am »

Looks pretty cool! A few suggestions/feature requests:

- I can't find anywhere that says whether a kingdom uses shelters or not. You should be able to choose that (if there is 1-9 dark ages cards) or at least have it be decided randomly. (with probability #of dark ages cards in kingdom/10)
-  Similarly, platinum/colony. You can only have both or neither, and you should only be able to choose when there is 1-9 prosperity cards in the kingdom. And you should be able to make that decided randomly as well. (with probability #of prosperity cards in kingdom/10)
- Only cards costing 2 or 3 can be bane cards, and you should be able to add that card without having to make room for it in the normal kingdom first. If you have a bane card and then remove young witch, the bane card still shows up when you submit the kingdom.
- It should be easier to remove cards from a kingdom, maybe just by clicking on the card in the kingdom.
- There should be a way to edit submitted kingdoms. Maybe I am just missing where that is.

That said, this is a very useful tool! I plan on using it for designing kingdoms for sure, and have already made one. I'm not sure that this needs to be in advertisements because it is free and very dominion related.

dominionkingdoms

• Pawn
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Kingdoms
Re: Dominion Kingdoms building/searching site
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 09:02:06 am »

Thanks for the comments, liopoil!

I'll have to look into the shelters detail more. I thought I had that covered accurately, but maybe not.

Your updated rules for Colony and Platinum make sense, I think (disabling it without any Prosperity cards). I should be able to get to that soon.

Thanks for the Bane card rule update! That's already part of a big in-progress patch :)

As for removing cards from a Kingdom (and also promoting a card to the Bane card) -- I'm keenly aware that the workflow there isn't particularly great as the site stands. I just haven't really figured out a layout that makes sense to me and is easier yet. That's partly why I have a call to Dominion fan designers in the top bar.

Thanks again for using the site and I'm always interested in more feedback!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.