Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Tutor list  (Read 6307 times)

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1684
    • View Profile
Tutor list
« on: October 11, 2014, 01:48:49 am »
+1

I think it might be useful to noobies to have an available list of players who would be happy to give help and advice to their opponent during games on Goko. It would make it easier for people to ask for advice if they know their opponent is someone who's willing to give it. It's also a more fun way to learn & get better than reporting your game in the "help" subforum here.

I'll be on the list as someone who's happy to give advice during a game, but I'm not a particularly good player myself.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
Re: Tutor list
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 09:16:47 am »
+1

I am always willing to discuss a game if asked; I have learned not to offer advice unless prompted, though, so the other person has to make the first move there.

I play with no player restriction, so anyone new who sees one of my games is welcome to play and discuss if they wish. 
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 10:02:14 am »
+1

I am willing to offer advice. I do have my thingy set to L20+, so if a lower-ranked opponent wishes to play against me, feel free to PM me.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 10:11:21 am »
+1

I am always willing to talk about the game and strategy and life and whatever.  I do put a L25+ restriction, so lower ranked players would have to PM me if they want to play, and I would be totally willing to set up a time to play.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3227
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 12:36:43 pm »
+1

sure, teaching is fun. just pm me in the forum

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2014, 05:25:00 pm »

Same for me, but scheduling is harder for me as of lately(as my league section found out). You'd have to catch me in the actual lobby as I don't play on a regular basis.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
  • Respect: +109
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2014, 05:28:04 pm »
+2

I might abuse this a bit and hunt you guys down and get tutoring from everyone!

Even though a couple of you have already helped me I might try and track you down again :). Its just so much fun learning about this game!
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1084
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2014, 08:09:47 pm »
+1

Same for me, but scheduling is harder for me as of lately(as my league section found out). You'd have to catch me in the actual lobby as I don't play on a regular basis.

Go back to your sandbox, leave this to the experts.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2014, 11:44:36 pm »

Says the guy who can only beat me if Prince is on the board.

theright555J

• Moneylender
  • Dragged into engines kicking and screaming!
  • Respect: +171
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2014, 10:07:15 am »
+1

Ummm, is this joking/in good fun? Can't quite tell, perhaps I'm on the outside of an inside joke here. I'm pretty sure just about any of us could provide at least some helpful advice to noobs.
Wondering what my name refers to?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cribbage_statistics

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2014, 10:31:02 am »

Ummm, is this joking/in good fun? Can't quite tell, perhaps I'm on the outside of an inside joke here. I'm pretty sure just about any of us could provide at least some helpful advice to noobs.

Andrew and I play games together often enough. Generally he loses, but just so that he doesn't feel too bad, we joke that he is better than me.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2014, 10:41:02 am »

Andrew and I play games together often enough. Generally he loses, but just so that he doesn't feel too bad, we joke that he is better than me.

he loses against you? are you sure?

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2014, 10:42:16 am »

he loses against you? are you sure?

Actually I think I looked the stats up once and it's almost 50-50

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2014, 10:51:37 am »
+2

I agree. These "jokes" should not keep creeping up in every thread both of you happen to read. Keep it in the joke thread where the jokes can be appropriately pawned.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2014, 11:45:29 am »

I agree. These "jokes" should not keep creeping up in every thread both of you happen to read. Keep it in the joke thread where the jokes can be appropriately pawned.

He started it!

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2014, 11:48:52 am »

Yes sir Mr. Serious Dominion Man sir. No more funny business for as long as I live.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2014, 11:55:48 am »

hm well I thought it was really funny

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2014, 01:16:37 pm »
+1

I agree. All humour should be designated as such so no one gets confused. In fact, please relegate anything non-serious to a single thread and put it in [joke][/joke] tags.
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2014, 01:18:32 pm »

Humor is great, but the op was asking for a list of people to play against, so the actual content is being lost between jokes.  Insert witty observation here.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2014, 03:57:33 pm »
+3

It's not about sorting the jokes form non-jokes. I think the point is that Andrew and I invade threads with our great sense of humour, and sometimes we should just let the thread be actually what it's about.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2014, 04:28:10 pm »
+3

It's not about sorting the jokes form non-jokes. I think the point is that Andrew and I invade threads with our great sense of humour, and sometimes we should just let the thread be actually what it's about.

I disagree. Dominion is about having fun. These forums are about having fun. Let's have some fun, at Kingzog3's expense.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2014, 04:55:20 pm »
+11

I think we need to create a Tutor list [Serious] thread.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.