Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35  All

Author Topic: RMM19: LOST Mafia - Game ended  (Read 90589 times)

reinoe

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
Re: RMM19: LOST Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #550 on: January 09, 2015, 01:16:47 am »

You didn't talk about it, therefore you shouldn't reveal it. If you wanted to reveal, you should have brought it up in the QT. The person making a big decision has the responsibility to ask first, especially since it appears to have daychat. Not revealing is the default.
I'm not budging on my opinion.  You're wrong in light of scum killing the other person and then fake-claiming.

So, like if you/Robz were town/scum and neighbors...you guys don't claim, Robz and his team NK you on N1...on D2 Robz and a scumpartner fakeclaim neighbors along with the dead you?

Not sure what scum gains, although it's a neat idea.
No you misunderstand.  Scum are often given fake name-claims.  Since Robz and I know who each other are we obviously cannot fake-claim with each other alive.  However if the neighborhoods are never outed then the scum can kill their neighbor and then fake-claim a name that's not quite so villainous.
This user is banned!

xxpittip

• View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 09, 2015, 02:57:04 am »

Vote: reinoe
I don't like his angry-agressive-raging playstyle + i think one of the neighbours is propably scum + TA/robz seems more towny to me

For why?
If i would be mod of a game i wouldn't put two players of the same faction in it. I think that reinoe being scum also makes robz a lot less likely to be scum (why put 2 scum players in a neighbourhood if they have a qt anyway?)

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 09, 2015, 08:49:27 am »

Welp just got back from work! Another 10 hour shift! I do have Friday off. I go back on Saturday, but have Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. So, expect more posting on those days.

Anyway, I was really upset with the way reinoe treated TA. So, I'm not surprised he got lynched. His attitude right now is extremely childish. Assuming he flips scum like he said he will, then I think it makes it very likely that TA/Robz are town. I just don't see a scum team plan where you decide to act like an ass towards your partner and then have your partner quit on you just to win the game. So, yah, I'm like 99.9% certain that RobZ is town here...The only exception would be if there are multiple factions.

I know there is a lot of theory of there being 4 or so scum players. But, I actually think there exists the possibility for multiple factions. We have that lady that was kind of crazy. I can see here being some sort of SK. We have the smoke monster. We have the others. Hell, even some people from the main group kind of split off into their own buddy factions. So, anyway, I think it is a possibility we need to consider.

I am curious about Jacob and Hydrad's mini claim. For now, this makes me think Hydrad is more likely town since Jacob was good. However, there was that others guy that was their leader and supposedly a speaker for Jacob. So, Hydrad could potentially be that guy...but I don't think so.

This game is pretty large though, so that makes things hard to analyze. Most people are pretty null for me.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 09, 2015, 08:50:58 am »

I don't like his angry-agressive-raging playstyle + i think one of the neighbours is propably scum + TA/robz seems more towny to me

For why?
If i would be mod of a game i wouldn't put two players of the same faction in it. I think that reinoe being scum also makes robz a lot less likely to be scum (why put 2 scum players in a neighbourhood if they have a qt anyway?)

In one game, I was put in a neighborhood where the 4 of us were all town and two of us became Masons. The meltdowns were pretty epic because this happened on like Day 5 if I recall correctly.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 09, 2015, 08:57:21 am »

Oh, and about the button, I think we should push it.

Can we have some volunteers. I think more than one player can push it because scum can easily say they will push it and end up not pushing it and claim they forgot or something.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: January 09, 2015, 09:20:05 am »

Can we have some volunteers. I think more than one player can push it because scum can easily say they will push it and end up not pushing it and claim they forgot or something.

We shold not have any volunteers.
That would be soft-claiming passive/weak role and would only help scum finding the strong roles (who does not volunteer)
Better to leave it to everybody to decide for themselves. Somebody will most likely push the button.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: January 09, 2015, 09:31:55 am »

We shold not have any volunteers.
That would be soft-claiming passive/weak role and would only help scum finding the strong roles (who does not volunteer)
Better to leave it to everybody to decide for themselves. Somebody will most likely push the button.

Good point.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 09, 2015, 09:57:41 am »

For why?

Flavor and roles could be independently assigned.  It happens in some games.  As a mod, you don't want neighborhoods to imply alignments.. otherwise it would essentially be Masons, which is more powerful.

reinoe

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 09, 2015, 11:11:55 am »

I'm aligned with "The Others".  We know there's a faction called "The Man In Black".   ::)

The mod has ruled that I'm not allowed to explicitly out the other team.  But I can say my entire faction was on my wagon: hence why it grew so easily based on me too voters.  xxtips had the worst vote on the wagon.

And a two scum in a two person neighborhood in multiball is very common.
This user is banned!

reinoe

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 09, 2015, 03:32:25 pm »

In twilight I can motivate someone to use two night actions.  Who wants two night actions?
This user is banned!

reinoe

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: January 09, 2015, 03:35:47 pm »

This is still a good question and also a pretty good crumb of my role...
@MOD
Is "the button" considered a player in this game?  i.e. can it be vigged?  Can it be "watched"?  Can someone be tracked to "the button"? 
This user is banned!

reinoe

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 09, 2015, 03:43:30 pm »

Reads list:

1. Teproc - Solid play. He is there where something happends and generally makes sense when he is speaking. I hope he is town.
2. Hydrad. - Has been a background player so far.  Nothing he has said so far gives me pointes about his allignment. Null read.
3. XerxesPraelor - Also a background player.
4. Witherweaver- Have been active. I have not gotten much of a read on him, but I would not lynch him.
5. silverspawn - Null-read.
6. Beyond Awesome - Has little content. I hope to see more of him in the coming days
7. Ashersky - Usual ashersky-play with his plans. I want to hear what he has to say about them D2. Will not lynch today.
8. Ichimaru Gin - concerned about his own position, and gets defenive when cases are made of him. I undreastans that is usual for him. Active poster. slight town read
9. Xeiron - Town
10. chairs - Too little content
11. Awaclus - Has been in the background.
12. 2.71828... - Null-read
13. xxpittip - Too little content.
14. Twistedarcher/Robz - Has gotten much focus because of reinoe's case. I think he has reacted towny.
15. A Drowned Kernel - Have been active. Slight town read.
16. Reinoe - I do not how to read this guy. He has a different playstyle than the rest. I am fine with lynching him.

So this is mostly a bunch of null-reads with some townier reads. The lack of scumreads makes me more suscpicious those with little content and the ones who stays more in the background.

Willing to lynch: Hydrad, XP, silverspawn, BA, chairs, Awaclus, e, xxpittip, reinoe.
Count the number of people in this game vs the number of people he's willing to lynch and recognize that this is a scumpost.

e.271828 and TA/Robz are very likely to flip scum.
@MOD
Motivate: Hydrad
This user is banned!

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: January 09, 2015, 04:16:15 pm »

Why would he be doing all this WIFOM if he were town. I believe him.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 09, 2015, 04:17:05 pm »

Except about Xeiron. It's fine to have lots of "willing-to-lynch"

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 09, 2015, 06:18:35 pm »

Why would he be doing all this WIFOM if he were town. I believe him.
I think I believe him as well, although it's not as if it matters a ton, since we should be getting his flip. This could actually be pretty advantageous for town assuming the information he's giving us is accurate. I'm not sure about the "I can give you double twilight actions" thing. It's probably true, but it's not like anyone can volunteer in the main thread for it without outing themselves as a PR. Or it could be a member of the Man in Black Faction who gets the double actions (which I assume is like scum?).

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: January 09, 2015, 06:21:12 pm »

Is "the button" considered a player in this game?  i.e. can it be vigged?  Can it be "watched"?  Can someone be tracked to "the button"?

The button does not count as a player in the game. Someone pushing the button will count as not targeting anyone.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 09, 2015, 06:23:58 pm »

So there's a few hours before the flip.

Anything worth talking about?

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 09, 2015, 06:47:45 pm »

Nothing I can think of.

D1 was basically taken over by reinoe's playstyle being... rather scatching, compared to the more friendly/relaxed gameplay I'm used to on f.ds.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM19: LOST Mafia - Night 1
« Reply #568 on: January 09, 2015, 06:48:14 pm »

Woah. Big fuss today. That reinoe person was all over the place, yelling and screaming how his wife betrayed him. Can't people sort out their marital problems on their own, I wonder? He also started attacking other people, not sure why. All I heard was him going on and on about some watch that he lost.

Anyway, we were all not quite sure how to handle the situation, so we handcuffed him to a some tree in the jungle. Maybe that will calm his spirits, we thought.

I made my way through the jungle when I heard a scream out of reinoe's direction. At first I thought, that's just him complaining. But when I got back to camp and told the others, they agreed that we should take a look, see if everything's all right. Of course it wasn't: When we got to reinoe and his tree, we found him strangled. Witherweaver was sitting next to him. "Hate me if you like, but I thought it best to get rid of him", was all he could say in his defense.

reinoe has been lynched. He was Jin-Soo Kwon, the Other-aligned Neighbor/Modified Jack Of All Trades!

Night 1 has begun. Night action are due in 24 hours! All living players are requested to check in.

Ashes have been spread! On one side of the ashes, there are A Drowned Kernel, 2.71828..., Robz888, chairs, silverspawn, Beyond Awesome, Teproc, while the rest remain on the opposite side.

THREAD LOCKED!
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 11, 2015, 07:18:06 pm »

Why are the cool guys always the first to die?

When Robz, who is still under a shock after everything that's happened, cleared reinoe's tent, he found a walkie talkie there that nobody had seen before. Soon everyone agreed that the device hadn't been on the plane, and neither had such things been found inside the hatch. The conclusion was horrible: reinoe must have cooperated with the Others!

The night after, we placed guards around our camp, fearing the Others might take revenge on us for killing their ally. I shared my shift with Teproc and Hydrad. While everyting was very exciting, standing guard is a rather dull job, and was on the verge of falling asleep when I heard a scream coming from Teproc's position.

When I arrived to help him, it was already too late. There was no way to tell what had happened. Teproc was bruised all over, his neck was snapped, and a bullet had pierced his heart. Someone apparently wanted to make damn sure he was indeed dead.

Man, he was badass. Why did it have to be him? There are other people among us that I rely much less on to get us all through this alive.

Teproc has been killed. He was Sayid Jarrah, the Town-aligned 1-shot Lynchproof Public Role Cop!

Day 2 has begun!

Not Voting (14):
Hydrad, XerxesPraelor, Witherweaver, silverspawn, Beyond Awesome, ashersky, Ichimaru Gin, xeiron, chairs, Awaclus, 2.7, xxpittip, Robz888, A Drowned Kernel

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. Day 2 will end Tuesday, January 20th at 7 PM

Thread Unlocked!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 08:02:09 am by faust »

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: January 11, 2015, 07:23:38 pm »

I live!!!

Also does the flavour mean teproc was killed twice?
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 11, 2015, 07:33:08 pm »

Anyone that knows flavor have insight on who would use what method to kill?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 11, 2015, 07:49:09 pm »

Anyone that knows flavor have insight on who would use what method to kill?

Well, the smoke monster would probably strangle/brutalize a body.  I'm guessing the Others kill with guns.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 11, 2015, 07:50:21 pm »

By The Others I meant Dharma.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 11, 2015, 07:50:48 pm »

Who's up for a giant revelation/plan now?  Or do we want to discuss other stuff?

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35  All

Page created in 2.321 seconds with 20 queries.