Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35  All

Author Topic: RMM19: LOST Mafia - Game ended  (Read 90353 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
RMM19: LOST Mafia - Game ended
« on: October 09, 2014, 12:27:57 pm »

Mafia is the oldest game in the world. Two factions, two sides. One is light, one is dark.

Welcome to RMM19: LOST Mafia!

Mods: faust, Archetype

This is a closed RMM game for 17 players. Now I know that 17 players is quite an undertaking, so this might take some time to fill. Please be patient. If you are looking for a game that starts sooner, please join sudgy's game.

The setup has been worked over, adapted and balanced for several months. A lot of work and passion went into it, and I hope everyone playing has as much fun as I expect. More information about the setup is found in post 2.

Players:
1. Teproc (Sayid Jarrah, Town-aligend 1-shot Lynchproof Public Role Cop) Killed N1
2. Hydrad
3. XerxesPraelor
4. Witherweaver
5. silverspawn
6. Beyond Awesome
7. ashersky
8. Ichimaru Gin
9. xeiron
10. chairs
11. Awaclus
12. 2.71828...
13. xxpittip
14. Twistedarcher Robz888
15. A Drowned Kernel
16. reinoe (Jin-Soo Kwon, Other-aligned Neighbor/Modified Jack Of All Trades) lynched D1

Spectators tagged: pacovf, mail-mi, Joseph2302

Day starts/ends: Day 1 start/end
Day 2 start

Rules for this game

Changes to the usual rule sets are marked in olive.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun!  Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game. Please read The Civility Pledge before signing up for any mafia game on this site.  If you have not /pledged there, you cannot play. Excessive personal attacks or uncivil behavior may be dealt with by modifiers or modkills.

The Silver Rule:

If any instructions you receive from the mods (via PM or otherwise) contradict any rules stated here, please stick to the instructions. If you are unsure, please contact the mods before taking action.

1. General Gameplay and Etiquette:

1. You may not quote information (either real or fabricated) from any source other than the thread you are posting in. This means no quotes from PMs and no quotes from QTs in the main thread or in another QT. Paraphrasing is acceptable. If you are unsure whether a post is legal, please ask the moderator before posting.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings.  Mafia members may communicate at twilight, night and during the confirmation stage.
3. If you have a role with a Night or Twilight action your choices are due to all mods by the posted deadline.  If we do not receive your PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions. In case of multiple submissions, the last valid one before the deadline will be used.  If your Night/Twilight action was mandatory, it will be decided randomly.
4. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).
5. Any player with a Night or Twilight action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mods know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night/Twilight phase.
6. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 24 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.

2. Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:

1. This game will have variable deadlines, depending on the number of players still alive as follows: If more than 15 or less than 7 players are alive, days will last 7 days, otherwise 9 days.
2. Twilight lasts 24 hours. Night lasts 48 hours. Unless stated otherwise, individual Night actions must be submitted within the first 24 hours of the Night phase. Twilight actions are due before Night begins. You may submit orders for the Twilight phase during the Day.

3. A simple majority (rounded up) of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur prior to deadline.
4. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.  Further votes will also be ignored.
5. Once a player is lynched the game enters a 24 hours period of twilight; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
6. If the deadline is hit without a player reaching the majority of votes, the player that is closest to lynch will die, with ties broken randomly.
7. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName.  Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold or do not follow this syntax! Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
8. Please submit vote revocations as either Unvote: PlayerName or Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
9. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
10. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post in the game or in Quicktopics. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent.
11. If the thread is locked, you may not post.  Threads can be locked for various reasons, but no matter what the reason, you may not post.  The mod may forget to lock the thread, but if they say it is locked, it is still locked.
12. Do not edit or delete posts.  We don't want some players having more information than others.  If you want to clarify posts, feel free to double post. Mods will not edit posts for you.

3. Miscellaneous/Mechanics:

1. Bold, olive text is reserved for the mod.  No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the mod privately.  Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mods may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently.  Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.  These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mods so that they don’t get missed.
5. Prods of missing players will be issued upon request after 24 hours of no activity.  A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement.  A player who has been prodded 2 times is subject to replacement under rule 3.10 without further notice.
6. Please do not discuss ongoing games, it can unintentionally affect the other game. Do not discuss this game in any thread that is not directly related to it.
7. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, which may include modkill(s) if needed.
8. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.  Treat this game as a commitment.  Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
9. Players who discover they are too busy to play in a game or want to leave the game for civility issues are not allowed to officially /out in the thread.  A request to /out must only be done via a PM to the moderator.  Please do not use this as a manipulation technique.  (Note players may continue to threaten to /out or imply that they might as long as it does not include an official request). Requests to /out are final once submitted. There will be no /outing and then /inning back into the game so make sure that when you /out you have thought it through and really want to do it. Players that can't be replaced will simply be mod-killed. Whether your request to /out will lead to replacement or a modkill is up to the mod's discretion.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 02:13:43 pm by faust »
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM19: LOST Mafia - Signups open!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 12:28:09 pm »

Setup information

In this setup, each player will play as a character from the TV series LOST. Knowledge of this series might make the game more fun, but is not required to play. Roles are designed to match specific aspects of the characters in the TV series. Each player's role name tries to describe the role using mafiascum language wherever possible. The number of factions in this game is unknown, but it is guaranteed that there is at least one non-town-aligned faction, called the "Man-in-Black-aligned" faction.

This is not a bastard game, which means:
- No mod lying. This means that all flips are guaranteed to be correct, and role descriptions are accurate. There may be aspects of your role that are hidden to you, but none of them will fundamentally change what your role does (i.e. no hidden "paranoid" modifiers or similar)
- It is impossible for any player to have their alignment changed at any point in the game.
- There are no Cults, Jesters or Death Millers.

This game features some special mechanics:

Extended Twilight: Once the majority of votes is on one player, the game will move to twilight. The main thread is still unlocked in this time, and all players (including the lynchee) are still allowed to post. There is at least one role in the game that may perform actions during twilight. All factional QTs will unlock at the start of twilight. Once twilight ends, the thread is locked, the lynched player flips, all actions taken during twilight resolve and the game moves to night.

Push the Button: Every night, any player may send in a PM to the mod containing this:
4 8 15 16 23 42 Execute
If you do, you are not allowed to perform any other night action. If at least one player does, the button is pushed and nothing happens. If noone does, an electromagnetic anomaly erupts, causing all night actions to be redirected in the following way: For each player A, look at their target, player B. If B targets a player C, redirect A to C. If B doesn't target anyone, there will be no redirection. Pushing the button counts as an active night action for all purposes.

In case of night/twilight actions that conflict each other, actions will be resolved in this order:

1. Copy
2. Hide
3. Bus
4. Block
5. Redirect
6. Pushing the button
7. Button effects
8. Protect
9. Miscellaneous
10. Kill
11. Recruit
12. Inspect
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 12:29:46 pm by faust »

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 12:28:18 pm »

A sample PM for you!

"They think that I'm some kind of joke. They think I'm worthless."

Welcome to the island, [player name]!

You are Shannon Rutherford, the Town-aligned Modified Hider/Jack Of All Trades.

Stranded on a pacific island with great beaches? Could be worse. Only problem is you're running out of sun tan. Oh, and food. But you'll just let the rest of the group deal with that.

You are Town-aligned. You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated, and there is at least one Town-aligned player still alive.

This is your power:

Rely on others: You rely on others to survive on this island. Every day at twilight, you MUST choose one other player. That player will help you through the night. Every action that targets him will automatically target you as well. At the same time, you are immune to any actions targeted directly at you. If you don't send in a player's name, one of the remaining players will be chosen randomly. Depending on who you chose, you might get a one-shot ability for the night or the following day. If you choose the same player twice, you won't get the ability a second time.

Please confirm via PM.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 01:22:49 pm by faust »

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 12:29:00 pm »

This goes under the "I don't play RMM except if the theme is awesome" category.

/in
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 12:29:25 pm »

17 players ? Dear God. This is going to be... something.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 12:29:54 pm »

/in
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 12:32:05 pm »

Ahhhhhh another RMM game before mine

Also, I don't play large games, so sorry about that.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2014, 12:33:52 pm »

Ahhhhhh another RMM game before mine

Also, I don't play large games, so sorry about that.

Not before; yours should definitely start first. I just had this ready and wanted to put it out there.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2014, 12:39:12 pm »

So, the four QTs that had to be redone each night wasn't annoying enough, now you want to see how well you can do cyclical permutations, eh? :P Can the Darma facility explode more than once?

Sorry, can't join, but /tag
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2014, 12:49:35 pm »

/in

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2014, 12:53:22 pm »

Aw man, I was hoping to eventually host a Lost-themed game!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2014, 12:59:06 pm »

/in

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2014, 01:28:09 pm »

Aw man, I was hoping to eventually host a Lost-themed game!

I'm pretty sure there's enough content in Lost to do another one. We could resurrect the time travels mechanics from Voltaire's Doctor Who game or something.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2014, 01:34:41 pm »

/in

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2014, 04:33:08 pm »

Man. I was going to take a much-needed break from Mafia, but I can't not play LOST Mafia.

/in

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2014, 04:43:10 pm »

Man. I was going to take a much-needed break from Mafia, but I can't not play LOST Mafia.

/in
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2014, 04:43:19 pm »

Also, I call Charlie.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2014, 04:44:44 pm »

Confession : I called him Merry during the whole run of the show.

Also I call Ben Linus.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2014, 05:25:53 pm »

Vote: Jimmmm for lurking!

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2014, 04:07:54 pm »

/in teresting

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2014, 04:10:07 pm »

We're... almost halfway there ! yay !

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2014, 04:19:21 pm »

OMG that's the first time I've ever made it into someone's signature.

I'm so excited  ;D

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2014, 04:26:54 pm »

Also, I know nothing about the flavor, but this game looks really awesome just the same (I don't think I've known the flavor to any mafia games so far except the flavor I write myself).

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2014, 04:27:31 pm »

Also, I know nothing about the flavor, but this game looks really awesome just the same (I don't think I've known the flavor to any mafia games so far except the flavor I write myself).

Given the time this is taking to fill up, you probably can watch the entire series while we wait :P.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2014, 06:55:23 pm »

is this a bad time to mention that lost is probably the worst tv show I've ever seen?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35  All

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 20 queries.