Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12  All

Author Topic: Music talk  (Read 92591 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Music talk
« Reply #250 on: October 28, 2017, 07:39:58 am »

It feels a little weird to keep posting when I'm the only one posting ITT, but I guess other people aren't making a lot of music recently. Here's my hardstyle remix of a track from my band's upcoming album (I'll post the album next Saturday and then I'll stop spamming for a while)

Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 28, 2017, 09:05:49 am »

It feels a little weird to keep posting when I'm the only one posting ITT, but I guess other people aren't making a lot of music recently.

I've been transcribing a lot of music I compose recently actually. I'm just not as keen on sharing it. But if anyone cares to listen to some mediocre piano music, here's one of my personal favorite compositions: https://musescore.com/thetasigma12/scores/4579816
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #252 on: November 03, 2017, 06:30:04 pm »
+1

https://necrocannibalmachinery.bandcamp.com/album/fractures

Here's the full album, available for free/name-your-price download and streaming on Bandcamp.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3188
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 04, 2017, 08:45:21 am »
+1

I would post music too if I were capable of making it ~

First spin of your album – I quite like Collapse and Dummy (minus the title) and the Anti Puppet Theory Remix. Rest has to await futher listens.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #254 on: December 22, 2017, 04:19:38 pm »

Ignite Amps's The Anvil 3.0 was released today so I made a quick remix of Square a Saw's Lightning to test it. The video also doubles as a tutorial where I explain how I made the guitar and bass guitar tones.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #255 on: December 28, 2017, 07:48:49 pm »

It's time for favorite releases of the year again. I have a top 5 + 1 HM this year:

#1) Kaiho by Kauan

#2) Into The Half Light by Echotide

#3) Forever Digital by MUST DIE!

#4) Look At Yourself by Emmure

#5) Drum Nation by Wiwek

Honorable mention: Kelle Surut Soi by Havukruunu

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 31, 2017, 01:15:14 pm »

Blargh. I didn't even listen to enough new music this year to compile a list. There's actually no album that I like enough to want to mention it.

I'll say that Mariner would have easily gotten AotY last year had I listened to it then. That is one incredible album.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #257 on: January 11, 2018, 04:04:21 pm »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #258 on: January 23, 2018, 04:03:11 pm »

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 26, 2018, 12:31:02 am »

Culture 2 anyone?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 30, 2018, 03:13:11 am »
+3

Alright Awaclus, I'll help you not feel lonely.

Here's me singing in a Christmas choir:

I'm the furthest guy on the left in the front row wearing the plaid shirt.  I'm singing bass, if anybody wants to try to pick out my part.  It might be more interesting to head to 8:37 in the video, because there we do a couple Pentatonix songs with a smaller group.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #261 on: February 11, 2018, 05:23:19 am »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #262 on: March 12, 2018, 07:41:13 am »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #263 on: May 26, 2018, 09:16:53 am »

I got some new drum mics and acoustic treatment, here are the results.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 21, 2018, 03:54:13 pm »

Didn't post something in a while. I'm super into Kashiwa Daisuke's stuff lately.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #265 on: September 17, 2018, 01:46:15 pm »
+1

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 18, 2018, 06:36:26 pm »
+1

There may be a general tendency, but that sure doesn't describe me at all. In 1983 I was listening to the Beatles and some stuff we can lump together as folk-rock. If I put on any of that music now, it will be like having nothing on at all; my brain edits it out. It's just too familiar. My favorite year for music overall is 2006; my favorite song of that year is A Method by TV on the Radio. You will not confuse it with folk-rock, though I guess you can say "well it's trying to do something different, like say the Beatles were, bam, identical." My favorite album of this year so far is Superorganism (followed by I Like Fun from TMBG). In the early oughts I thought of trying music from the 20s-40s, and I like a lot of stuff from then, that era that those cherry-picked Beatles-haters preferred.

ipofanes

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: ipofanes
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 19, 2018, 10:30:38 am »

There is definitely something to it but the video this responded to had some facts and figures that are conveniently ignored here, for instance that a multitude of chart songs have the same composer/writer, and concentration seems to run deeper than Holland/Dozier/Holland in the 1960s, Chinn/Chapman in the 1970s and Stock/Aitken/Waterman in the 1980s. Also, one can argue that The Beatles were a step down in structure and substance from The Great American Songbook.

Obviously, original video talked about the charts which can't be mistaken with contemporary music, which is incredibly diverse. Also, the charts back then had not only Stevie Wonder but also The Archies, Middle of the Road and Boney M. But it's very hard to imagine that a song with only the depth of "In My Life" would enter today's Top 40, and I wonder if someone who knows much more about contemporary pop music could name the "Exile on Main Street", "Revolver" or "Songs in the Key of Life" of the recent 10 years.

Lord Rattington denies my undo requests

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 19, 2018, 01:07:26 pm »

As another older poster here, I'd have to say that I've separated out my cd collection into a 75% that I don't listen to and a 25% that I do, and the 75% is mainly composed of CDs that I bought in my teens and early twenties. I'm willing to dig out stuff from any decade now and if an album has great songs, or the artist can take you a specific time and place with their music, then the decade doesn't matter.

What stops me from appreciating a lot of modern pop music is that I don't like the vocal style, much in the way that I don't like musical theatre vocal style. If I'd grown up listening to that style all the time then yes I might appreciate that and not appreciate the Beatles, say.  This is compounded by so many modern songs lacking the musicianship of previous decades, so there's no point in me listening to a vocal I don't appreciate, put onto a synth backing track or looped sample, probably overproduced, even if the song is good. On the plus side, I heard a great new track from Rodrigo y Gabriella the other day so I might have to search out their new album.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #269 on: September 19, 2018, 01:40:22 pm »
+1

This is compounded by so many modern songs lacking the musicianship of previous decades, so there's no point in me listening to a vocal I don't appreciate, put onto a synth backing track or looped sample, probably overproduced

There's probably way more musicianship going into the creation of the "overproduced" synth "backing track" than The Beatles playing their instruments.

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: September 19, 2018, 01:57:56 pm »

This is compounded by so many modern songs lacking the musicianship of previous decades, so there's no point in me listening to a vocal I don't appreciate, put onto a synth backing track or looped sample, probably overproduced

There's probably way more musicianship going into the creation of the "overproduced" synth "backing track" than The Beatles playing their instruments.

Hmm, have you forgotten that Sir George Martin and the Beatles are renowned for their innovation in the studio as well?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 02:03:07 pm by DG »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #271 on: September 19, 2018, 02:55:54 pm »
+1

Hmm, have you forgotten that Sir George Martin and the Beatles are renowned for their innovation in the studio as well?

Nope, I have used some of those techniques myself. That being said, the level of knowledge in music theory that is required to use synthesizers to create your sounds is insane, and a lot of modern producers are great at designing synth sounds.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 11, 2019, 03:42:16 pm »

Awaclus hasn't been promoting it, but NCM has a new release, Serenity, and it's pretty great, unless you're one of those boring people who doesn't like harsh vocals.

It feels more serious and more folksy than previous albums, which is both good. It also feels like there's more stuff going on, though I could be wrong.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #273 on: February 11, 2019, 06:52:13 pm »
+1

Awaclus hasn't been promoting it, but NCM has a new release, Serenity, and it's pretty great, unless you're one of those boring people who doesn't like harsh vocals.

It feels more serious and more folksy than previous albums, which is both good. It also feels like there's more stuff going on, though I could be wrong.

There is definitely a lot more stuff going on, but I don't think it's significantly more serious than previous albums? If anything, I think we were fooling around more than we usually do. Unless you mean serious as in better production quality, which it has.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 11, 2019, 07:16:48 pm »

There is definitely a lot more stuff going on, but I don't think it's significantly more serious than previous albums? If anything, I think we were fooling around more than we usually do. Unless you mean serious as in better production quality, which it has.

No, I meant serious in the usual sense, less tongue in cheek, more heartfelt etc. If that's not the case, I was just wrong.

Btw are you doing the clean singing?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12  All

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 20 queries.