Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 41  All

Author Topic: M52: Death Note Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 140893 times)

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
Re: M52: Death Note Mafia (Day 5)
« Reply #850 on: November 19, 2014, 05:15:28 pm »

I still feel good about the egork

I think XP put egork so high because no one was suspecting egork at that time at all so it was a way to say he thought egork was scummy and distance himself from egork with no really danger of egork being lynched.

But maybe I'm starting to tunnel a bit to hard.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: November 19, 2014, 05:18:34 pm »

Ok so let's go through my options :

e : Not shooting him. Too active in a lurking game. I have this paranoid voice in myhead that tells me he's manipulatnig me with his thoughtful analysis, but that's just being paranoid

Hydrad : Big proponent of the XP lynch, very early on. Also reads super townie to me.

silverspawn : His last D1 post, the fight against WW... this really feels like he's town. Sure, his vote on Eevee is the bussiest of the wagon, but I don't think two of Eevee's partners bussed.

sudgy : While rereading I kept thinking : wouldn't scum!sudgy start doing... I don't know, something ? He could be scum, but it just doesn't feel right, and I have no clue who his partner is.

Axxle and Egork : Again, that's my leading theory. I had forgotten that Axxle was actually hammered during day 3 before WW decided to shoot XP. I don't know.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: November 19, 2014, 05:19:12 pm »

I'd kinda like to get e's opinion again. You don't think it's Hydrad anymore, but who is it, preferably among the {sudgy, Egork, Axxle} group ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: November 19, 2014, 05:24:14 pm »

so right now

sudgy > EgorK > Witherweaver > XP > Teproc > Axxle2 > e > Hydrad > me

For me, sudgy/EgorK/ww/e > Hydrad/silverspawn > Axxle2 >>> Teproc >> me

I keep coming back to this. I don't think XP lists both his partners in the first category here. So that means one of {Hydrad, silver, Axxle} and one of {sudgy, Egork, e} is scum.

Now let's take Hydrad and e out of this. That lets us with {silver, Axxle} and  {sudgy, Egork}.

What pairing makes the most sense here ?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: November 19, 2014, 05:28:40 pm »

I like axxle over SS. egork over sudgy but not by as much.

As for pairings I really don't know. but if i'm picking individuals in those groups that who I would pick axxle/egork
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: November 19, 2014, 05:29:07 pm »

silver/sudgy : I don't think so, it seems to me that silver has been pushing sudgy at dangerous moments. He's actually voting sudgy right now too.

silver/Egork : Possible. Can't think of much meaningful interaction between

Axxle/sudgy : Possible

Axxle/Egork : They're voting for each other, but actually since we do need to kill all the scum that could be their plan I guess ?

silver/Axxle : Didn't mention this one in the previous post but I think it's possible.

I don't think I want to shoot sudgy because the only player I can see as his partner is Axxle, so i'd rather shoot Axxle then.

Actually yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm shooting Axxle. I'll leave some time for e (who is online, to say something though).

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: November 19, 2014, 05:34:06 pm »

Ok, well e is offline, so whatever.

Shoot : Axxle

I'm really sorry if this is wrong. If so, I'd still be looking at Egork, and probably silver too.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: November 19, 2014, 05:35:09 pm »

good luck! hopefully I'm see you in the morning!

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: November 19, 2014, 06:15:47 pm »

Touta Matsuda was spending another late night in the office. Sitting in the very same seat as his deceased boss, he couldn’t help but ponder all of the pain the Death Note had caused. He hadn’t told anyone else on the task force that he had recovered the Note. There was no need. It would only get back to Near and the other members of the SPK, the Special Provision for Kira, the competing team working to find Kira. They would surely request to have the Note now that the Chief was gone.

Soichiro’s death pained Matsuda more than he liked to admit. He had always looked up to the Chief as a father figure in his life—a pillar of justice leading the fight against Kira and his false ideals. Yet now, with him gone, Matsuda couldn't help but consider where the Chief’s ideals had gotten him. The chances of Touta recovering the Note as he had were astronomical. Surely this was a sign that he was meant to have it, to use it to fight Kira.

Matsuda picked up the Death Note, got up from his desk, and stepped out onto the balcony outside of the office. The crispness of the night air helped clear his head of the melancholy pervading his mind. The sounds of the city filled the night: cars, sirens, and the palpable dread that the people surely felt knowing that they could be killed at any moment by a raging madman who likened himself to a god.

Unbeknownst to Matsuda, the SPK already knew that he had the Death Note. They knew that he had kept it from them as well. At that very moment, Anthony Rester, a high-ranking member of the SPK was making his way up the office stairs. It was imperative that the SPK kept the Note from falling out of their control again, and Matsuda could not be trusted to keep it secure.

Rester opened the door to the office and silently slipped inside. It took him less than a few seconds to spy Matsuda outside on the balcony. He adjusted the strap of his shoulder holster. They could settle this peacefully. At that very moment, Matsuda turned around. Their eyes met for a split second as Matsuda clutched the Note to his chest protectively.

Anthony wasn't in the mood to grapple with a mentally unstable man for one of the most powerful objects in the world. He pulled out his handgun and fired without a second thought. Matsuda slumped to the ground as Rester stepped forward and took the Note off his body.

Long before this moment, Anthony Rester had known that he had no intention of returning to the SPK and giving them the Death Note. This was his to use for the personal glory of taking out Kira himself. He threw back his head and released a maniacal laugh that echoed through the night.

Teproc has been killed!

Axxle2 is the new Notebearer!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 03:17:43 pm by AndrewisFTTW »
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: November 19, 2014, 06:17:02 pm »

Vote Count 6.0

Not Voting (6): sudgy, Axxle2, EgorK, 2.71828, Hydrad, silverspawn

Day 6 ends at 8pm FT on November 24th.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 11:47:27 am by AndrewisFTTW »

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: November 19, 2014, 06:24:14 pm »

dang it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vote: egork still though.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: November 20, 2014, 04:59:12 am »

request prod on Axxle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: November 20, 2014, 11:31:02 am »

yeah, with Axxle2 being town, there is a definite scum narrative for EgorK from D1.  Looking back at EgorK's enthusiasm for an Axxle2 lynch D1 looks very suspicious because his partner (eevee) was already a top candidate for getting lynched.  Although, why would he not have been on WW's case then?  Anyway, I am happy with EgorK getting shot at.

right now town (other than Axxle2) has a 50% shot at scum.  I really like what Teproc did there at the end looking at possible scum teams.  I know that two scum exist in {EgorK, sudgy, Hydrad, silverspawn}. 

I like shooting EgorK>sudgy>silverspawn>Hydrad based off their individual play right now.  Need to go and look at scum teams though.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: November 20, 2014, 11:46:20 am »

Axxle2

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
Re: M52: Death Note Mafia (Day 6)
« Reply #864 on: November 20, 2014, 01:23:10 pm »

I'm wondering if I just shoot... right now!

Bang!
I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: November 20, 2014, 01:28:33 pm »

*whew*

you missed me.  Careful waving a gun around like that.  I recommend putting the safety on until you want to shoot to avoid any more misfires.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Axxle2

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: November 20, 2014, 07:12:50 pm »

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: November 20, 2014, 07:29:58 pm »

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: November 20, 2014, 07:34:28 pm »

well I guess at least this thread has posts in it again...

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: November 20, 2014, 07:51:15 pm »

vote: e

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: November 20, 2014, 07:55:15 pm »

yeah, I am just going to go with my gut and say that silverspawn and EgorK are the two remaining scum.  I have done rereads, I have stayed current with the game, and really think this is where things stand.

Like Teproc said about sudgy, wouldn't scum!sudgy do something?  Sometime?  And my Hydrad reread made me think he was town.  I guess I could use a silverspawn reread, but I like a EgorK shot today.  I can reread silverspawn tomorrow.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: November 20, 2014, 07:57:10 pm »

yeah, I am just going to go with my gut and say that silverspawn and EgorK are the two remaining scum.  I have done rereads, I have stayed current with the game, and really think this is where things stand.

Like Teproc said about sudgy, wouldn't scum!sudgy do something?  Sometime?  And my Hydrad reread made me think he was town.  I guess I could use a silverspawn reread, but I like a EgorK shot today.  I can reread silverspawn tomorrow.

how convenient.

I think sudgy is scum, and you're probably scum #2. This is a gut feeling, but it's a pretty strong one. the way you interacted with Axxle was subtle, but it was trying to dodge the shot.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: November 20, 2014, 08:05:40 pm »

"The way I interacted with Axxle was subtle"

Like, throughout the game or just now?  I don't think I was too subtle about anything.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: November 20, 2014, 08:16:56 pm »

also, why sudgy over EgorK (when it comes to lurkers)?

I really think that scum has one lurker and one poster left.  Which means I think we will find one scum in {sudgy, EgorK} and one in {hydrad, silverspawn}.  And I like shooting EgorK>sudgy and silverspawn>hydrad.  As far as sudgy goes, who really knows, but I find it hard to believe scum would lurk so much.  Well, except for the fact that we have talked about it quite a bit and scum have had a chance to discuss strategy together.  Hydrad just reads plain honest town!hydrad, which PoEs me to silverspawn.  Now, there is a chance that we could have two lurkers remaining as scum, but I don't think so.

Axxle2

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: November 20, 2014, 11:52:03 pm »

Who was pushing me yesterday? Giving the book to Teproc who was already leaning towards shooting me most of all *and* pushing him to do so is probably a good place to start too.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 41  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.