Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 41  All

Author Topic: M52: Death Note Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 140733 times)

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M52: Death Note Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #775 on: November 10, 2014, 07:36:44 pm »

Vote Count 4.0

Not Voting ( 8 ): Axxle2, EgorK, Witherweaver, 2.71828, silverspawn, sudgy, Hydrad, Teprox (typo but I'm leaving it because it rox)

Day 4 ends at 5pm FT on November 15th.

Flavor has been posted!

« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 01:39:11 am by AndrewisFTTW »
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M52: Death Note Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #776 on: November 11, 2014, 03:29:04 pm »

Ok, rereading now.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M52: Death Note Mafia
« Reply #777 on: November 11, 2014, 03:33:24 pm »

i'm in favor of keeping votes to keep people accountable.

yea but you're scum.

Does this remind anyone else of ash and pacovf last game?

The implication here would be that Hydrad and silver would both be town, since that's what ash and pac were in ASoIaF.

I doubt scum!XP would make that statement of two townies.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: November 11, 2014, 03:38:58 pm »

Axxle's big catch-up posts features a lot of disagreeing with XP. Not sure what to make of that, but there you go.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: November 11, 2014, 03:40:06 pm »

And by disagreeing, I also mean that he calls XP scummy and votes for him.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: November 11, 2014, 03:42:49 pm »

I don't understand what's going on here. WHat has Axxle done to warrant all this "let Axxle decide" talk ?

XP being scared that people will shoot his partner ?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: November 11, 2014, 03:47:38 pm »

I just realized that the terrible thing about this setup is that we can't just shoot lurkers for the hell of it, since if we shoot wrong they get the book. Wheeeeee...

The logical conclusion is that it is better than usual to lurk as scum in this setup, which is what Axxle proceeded to do after day 1. But the post itself sounds somewhat townie, since I'm not sure scum would go out of their way to say that in the main thread. Though if they were discussing it in their QT... Not sure about this one.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: November 11, 2014, 03:50:31 pm »

XP catching up halfway through day 1 : town read on Hydrad, vote on e for overreacting to pressure (he had 3 votes at his point I think).

Doesn't look like a bus to me.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: November 11, 2014, 03:52:07 pm »

Well, considering that ww will probably unvote, I'm going to stay on e until someone gives a town narrative that makes sense. Basically the one thing holding me back from voting ww is that he makes sense.

Now it looks a lot more like a bus, giving himself an out once someone provides a town narrative for e, which was obviously going to happen at some point.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: November 11, 2014, 04:00:48 pm »

I still don't get your thought process, but it looks like I made a mistake there. That ferocity does look scummy though.

This is in the middle of an argument with e (about lurker lynches). I'm back to thinking e is town.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: November 11, 2014, 04:03:34 pm »

yea. BAM. *SCREAAM*. someone is about to die. although I have no idea how you can die by shooting. maybe the gun... explodes? BOOM.

PEE: oh. okay. nice!

I forgot about this post. The PPE is a reaction to Eevee's flip. Reads veeeery townie to me.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: November 11, 2014, 04:07:05 pm »

So... I'll reread days 2 and 3 later. Right now I'm thinking Axxle is where it's at. I don't want to shoot e or silver.

Axxle2

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
Re: M52: Death Note Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #787 on: November 12, 2014, 12:38:10 am »

so right now

sudgy > EgorK > Witherweaver > XP > Teproc > Axxle2 > e > Hydrad > me

For me, sudgy/EgorK/ww/e > Hydrad/silverspawn > Axxle2 >>> Teproc >> me
This stuck out while I was skimming. There is very likely scum in sudgy/EgorK/e and I'd say Hydrad is probably the other scum purely from this? XP seems like the kind of scum that likes to hedge his bets by putting his partners in broad "I'd lynch them" groups without really pushing them. He barely even acknowledges sudgy, and although he does vote for him, he does it in a very easy way to easily get off the wagon.

Reading sudgy, his only interaction with XP is answering an early question, joining him on my wagon, and saying he doesn't know the case against him. He's had 4 votes, two of which were in the same post followed by an immediate unvote (to 'stop fighting'), a "let's shoot an annoying to read person or get a decent vigger" really early vote on me, and then the sheep vote on me. You could say it's a bit wifom but this doesn't have anything to do with the votes being me but rather the same person. It screams laid back scum.

Vote: sudgy
I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other.

Axxle2

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: November 12, 2014, 12:40:55 am »

For those of you at home that are trying to reread too, I did that in 15 minutes. No need to reread the whole thread (I made that mistake many times this game). Reread known scum, find a post or two to hone in on, see if anything else in thread corroborates the theories you make based on those posts or refutes them. If you're lucky you found that hidden gem and can look for the last scum later when we confirm.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: November 12, 2014, 10:10:57 am »

so right now

This stuck out while I was skimming. There is very likely scum in sudgy/EgorK/e and I'd say Hydrad is probably the other scum purely from this? XP seems like the kind of scum that likes to hedge his bets by putting his partners in broad "I'd lynch them" groups without really pushing them. He barely even acknowledges sudgy, and although he does vote for him, he does it in a very easy way to easily get off the wagon.

Reading sudgy, his only interaction with XP is answering an early question, joining him on my wagon, and saying he doesn't know the case against him. He's had 4 votes, two of which were in the same post followed by an immediate unvote (to 'stop fighting'), a "let's shoot an annoying to read person or get a decent vigger" really early vote on me, and then the sheep vote on me. You could say it's a bit wifom but this doesn't have anything to do with the votes being me but rather the same person. It screams laid back scum.

If you're that kind of scum, though, you don't list your partner first, even if the group is not ordered.  Your thought is "don't want to draw attention to that guy, let's bury him in the middle".

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: November 12, 2014, 03:00:11 pm »

If you're that kind of scum, though, you don't list your partner first, even if the group is not ordered.  Your thought is "don't want to draw attention to that guy, let's bury him in the middle".

I'm not so sure. I'd probably list my partner first for that reason.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: November 12, 2014, 03:05:34 pm »

I'm not so sure. I'd probably list my partner first for that reason.

Yeah, maybe, but I've done this kind of thing before and I always stopped myself from putting my partner first.

I guess now I would be conscious of that and change it.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: November 12, 2014, 03:08:24 pm »

So... I'll reread days 2 and 3 later. Right now I'm thinking Axxle is where it's at. I don't want to shoot e or silver.

Does this really seem like a bus to you?

Let's get Axxle2 to start posting. vote: Axxle2

This was the "vote count" at the time:

Vote Count 3.1

Axxle2 (2): 2.71828, Teproc
XerxesPraelor (1): Hydrad
sudgy (2): silverspawn, XerxesPraelor

Not Voting (4): Axxle2, sudgy, EgorK, Witherweaver

Day 3 ends at 2pm FT on November 9th.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: November 12, 2014, 03:09:51 pm »

This caused two immediate (the next two messages) votes for Axxle2:

good plan

vote: Axxle2

Vote: Axxle2

If Axxle2 got shot and flipped scum, we'd be giving XP all kinds of towncred here, right?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: November 12, 2014, 03:11:09 pm »

And XP's reaction to the Axxle2 "hammer":

I was really freaked out about that being the hammer until I realized that if that was a derphammer, ww doesn't have to shoot.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: November 12, 2014, 03:58:06 pm »

Hey, sorry its been a while but I still need to look back over xp and his interactions before I have anything new to add. 
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Axxle2

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: November 12, 2014, 05:04:35 pm »

so right now

sudgy's at the start because he copy and pasted silverspawn's list and moved some names around and sudgy was at the start. Putting him first doesn't really bury the idea of the name since silverspawn was the first one to bring up a list. I see your point if he had brought up the list in a vacuum though.

Axxle2

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: November 12, 2014, 05:16:16 pm »

This caused two immediate (the next two messages) votes for Axxle2:

good plan

vote: Axxle2

Vote: Axxle2

If Axxle2 got shot and flipped scum, we'd be giving XP all kinds of towncred here, right?
Mmm... probably? But only because the 'hammer' happened so quickly. There's no way for him to know that people would jump on so quickly unless one of them were also scum. Normally 'third on the wagon' is considered a little scummy.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: November 12, 2014, 06:02:51 pm »

Only vote is on sudgy atm?

Vote: Axxle2. I really think that was busing

I'll do some Teproc reread tommorow, I think he never got any attention this game

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: November 13, 2014, 12:58:38 pm »

Vote Count 4.1

sudgy (1): Axxle2
Axxle2 (1): EgorK

Not Voting (6): Witherweaver, 2.71828, silverspawn, sudgy, Hydrad, Teproc

Day 4 ends at 5pm FT on November 15th.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 41  All

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 20 queries.