Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 41  All

Author Topic: M52: Death Note Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 140888 times)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M52: Death Note Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #725 on: November 06, 2014, 04:08:32 pm »

The "you convinced me" part was aimed at e, in case that was unclear.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: November 06, 2014, 04:10:09 pm »

If people don't know what to do this game : reread whoever you're voting for and look for their interactions with Eevee. Come back with your results, discuss.

i meant to quote that not WW before my posts.  Teproc has good ideas.  lets not shoot him
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: November 06, 2014, 04:12:18 pm »

Should really be done for everyone off the Eevee wagon...

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: November 06, 2014, 04:14:59 pm »

For simplicity, you should be figuring who off the Eevee wagon is the best lynch.  That should have happened yesterday, too, I would say.

Ok, now I have the right quote with the right info.  People off the eevee wagon:

2.71828..... (1): Eevee
Axxle2 (2): sudgy, EgorK
Hydrad (1): Axxle2
Witherweaver (2): Hydrad, XerxesPraelor

best lynch ---->worst lynch
sudgy, xp, (egork, hydrad), Axxle2

I convinced myself about Axxle2 being townie after actually reading him.  Amazing what that does!
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: November 06, 2014, 04:24:36 pm »

someone else do xp.  He actually posted some stuff I think.  I will do EgorK now!

Eevee on EgorK:

EgorK on eevee:
So tell me if I worng. We currently has like 3 cases (aside from Axxle):

• e for hedging and overdefending
  • eevee for jumping easy case and lurking
  • WW case by Teproc

Had I missed anything?
Mentions the case on eevee.  Doesn't talk about it.

Sup. Eevee reread is waranted, through it would not be that long it seems. I am more interested in rereading other people talking about eevee though
Says a reread should happen.  Doesn't do it.

So I halfway through my reread of eevee/reactions to eevee (WW, your signature does not help ;) and just want to note that it was quite a battle between e and eevee. Not sure if it was heavy bussing or town vs scum though
Wait, I lied.  He gets halfway through it.  Calls me v eevee either bussing or town v scum. 

Protip: Search for "Goko username: Eevee" (or whomever).

But I do not want to read just eevee, but talk about him as well
And the technique.  I just use the "goko username: eevee" which is why this is faster for me.

Conclusion:
Uh, so yeah.  Eevee has nothing to say about EgorK.  Talks about eevee a bit.  Rereads eevee a bit (with partial results).  I could see EgorK as scum.  I will have to see what interactions hydrad has before I move him out of the parenthesis of equality though.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: November 06, 2014, 04:35:19 pm »

Eevee on hydrad:

hydrad on Eevee:
I still like WW the most out of these options. I don't really have a read on eevee though. Most games he seems really null for me.
His only post with eevee pre-shooting.

actually the more I think about it the less I think WW is town.

why wouldn't eevee or scum members jump onto WW to try to save eevee? they should of been able to easily made WW the biggest wagon. eevee could of even done it out of "self preservation". Maybe they didn't because WW is also scum so they felt like they needed to jump on someone else? But then WW decided to get some town cred at the end of the day by staying on eevee?

hmm its not really adding up. It makes more sense to me if the scum team was a bunch of lurkers that wern't around for the last day or so and didn't have time to save eevee.

I still like XP more though. WW is probably in the top 3 I guess of scum.
Has a very reasonable post about why WW is actually town, then keeps him in top 3 scum.  Talks about what eevee and his partners should have done more than eevee himself. 

Conclusion:

So, uh, even less about eevee than Egork?!?!  I didn't think it would be possible.  Especially since Hydrad has posted 83 times this game so is definitely not a lurker.  Yeah, he could be scum, but would he intentionally avoid eevee like that?  In a lurker game like this it is possible.  So yeah, I am going to keep hydrad in the parenthesis of equality with EgorK, but now I just need to see what is the deal with xp and eevee and whether they should be moved up the ladder actually.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: November 06, 2014, 04:36:15 pm »

I would defend myself, but I can't really see anything to defend about that e said...
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: November 06, 2014, 04:36:57 pm »

edit for that last post:  should have been "even less than sudgy?!?!" who posted 3 times about Eevee, where EgorK had 4 interactions.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: November 06, 2014, 04:38:15 pm »

I would defend myself, but I can't really see anything to defend about that e said...

yeah, I am actually starting to lean in a hydrad/EgorK direction.

you could do the xp/eevee interactions.  That would help your case some.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: November 06, 2014, 04:44:59 pm »

yeah, I am actually starting to lean in a hydrad/EgorK direction.

you could do the xp/eevee interactions.  That would help your case some.

Because your case doesn't really have much to it.  Because you haven't done much.  After you reread xp/eevee then we can find something scummy about it and vote for you for real!

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: November 06, 2014, 04:47:27 pm »

When did I say I had a case on XP?  I remember saying something about being able to vote for him maybe, but never that I had a case.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: November 06, 2014, 04:51:35 pm »

When did I say I had a case on XP?  I remember saying something about being able to vote for him maybe, but never that I had a case.

sorry, I confused you.  I didn't mean that you have a case on xp, I meant that the case against you doesn't have much to it.  And that you should do the xp/eevee reread to earn some town points.  or scum points.  or just points.  up the post count and everything.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: November 06, 2014, 05:52:14 pm »

Hmm interesting. I didn't even realize I avoided eevee that much.

I don't really know how to defend that. I just kinda can't read him and ignored him I guess?
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: November 06, 2014, 07:10:59 pm »

as for rereading XP i might be able to try that later tonight. but I get off of work in 8 hours so it will be a while. I also don't have much experience with big rereads but since I still suspect him I guess its a good idea to do a reread on him
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: November 06, 2014, 07:19:19 pm »

I won't reread. I'm still angry.

I don't trust e anymore, so I don't know about his rereads. But he is making legit points. Mh. I'd support Axxle, EgorK, and sudgy. I mean I was pushing lurker lynches since mid day1. absolutely not doing hydrad.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: November 06, 2014, 08:04:24 pm »

Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Axxle2

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: November 06, 2014, 10:04:37 pm »

I've been having a little trouble getting into this game, mostly because there is basically zero consequences if I get shot and I basically have zero power unless I get shot. Also I'm lazy. Putting aside tonight to actually read things though. I'm fine with a sudgy shot from what I remember if that's what's happening.
I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: November 06, 2014, 10:28:44 pm »

if you want things to get done, do them yourself I guess.

eevee on xp:
e is over-defending himself like crazy! It's interesting he continues to do it even after people specifically voted him for it, but I don't remember him reacting like this as town before so vote: e if I wasn't already.

Policy vote: Eevee

for making the most annoying argument in the world.

I'm also fine with ww, but isn't often that scum gets run up to L-1 but the hammer is hard to produce?
What do you mean? Overdefending yourself is a valid scumtell.

But town should be defending themselves, and it's an argument you literally cannot argue against.
Problem isn't defending. It's overreacting to suspicion.
A little back and forth conversation between eevee and xp.  A policy vote for making an annoying argument?  Does that exist?  I guess so. 

xp on eevee:
Wait, is Eevee really in this game? I'm pretty sure he hasn't pposted

I saw EgorK say he'll be VLA, but I don't know if Eevee has an excuse. I'd say getting the discussion going again is probably more important than whatever you'd gain by holding back.
xp forgets that eevee is in the game.  Or does he "forget" that eevee is in the game.

[policy vote thing]

I guess I'd rank ww/eevee as better "lynches" than eevee, but whatever.
I looked for a clarification of the type but couldn't find one.  I guess he meant ww/e as better "lynches" than eevee?

I'm going to

vote: ww

because e doesn't seem to be happening and I like the case on him better than the one on eevee.

I'm not willing to lynch anyone but them. Although EgorK and Hydrad look scummy to me, I think one of those three is better because if they flip town they'll be more useful for us.
xp voices that the decision is between ww, e, and eevee.  But also having EgorK and Hydrad as scummy.  But the three of us would be more useful notebearers apparently.

Conclusion:

Not as much interaction as I thought there would be.  He attacks eevee's case against me a little, and eevee responds to him (the only person eevee responds to [from the off-wagon pool, that is]).  xp puts myself/WW as lynches over eevee after the whole "policy vote" eevee thing.  So moving off a "policy vote" on eevee to WW isn't as scummy as I originally thought (because it was a silly "policy" that caused him to vote there), and his final vote being on WW is consistent with what he posted.  My interest in lynching xp has lessened slightly.  Would put the (hydrad/egork) group over him at this point actually.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: November 06, 2014, 10:30:38 pm »

best lynch ---->worst lynch
sudgy, xp, (egork, hydrad), Axxle2

after rereads of interactions with eevee:

sudgy, (egork, hydrad), xp, Axxle2

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: November 06, 2014, 10:37:30 pm »

The deal with sudgy:

sorry, I confused you.  I didn't mean that you have a case on xp, I meant that the case against you doesn't have much to it.  And that you should do the xp/eevee reread to earn some town points.  or scum points.  or just points.  up the post count and everything.

I asked him to do this.  Maybe I should have waited longer.  I don't know.  I mean, does scum just not do this?  Does town just not do this?  Yeah, I get it, this is a tough game to get into.  I am struggling just as much as you guys.  I spent 30 minutes refreshing the forum watching a certain-other-ongoing-mafia-game-that-i-cant-talk-about-not-get-posted-in instead of trying to post here.  I also probably have more free time right now than the rest of you and get bored and have time to do these rereads.  But the only way to get the ball rolling here is to do stuff.  And post more.  I can only talk to myself for so long before I lose all rationality, not that I haven't already. (see what I did there?)

So let's post, shoot some people, and get the game moving. 

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: November 06, 2014, 11:58:15 pm »

Ya I feel like next days might be better if we shorten it by a decent amount. As prolonging them this much just seems to keep stalling in the middle of the day which is unfortunate.

I'll admit this game is harder for me to get into also. maybe quicker days would fix it? I definitely think lurker shots might help.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: November 07, 2014, 02:52:05 am »

I am incllinde to blame ww's signature on my unfinished read of eevee interactions :(

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: November 07, 2014, 02:52:31 am »

It changes since though

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: November 08, 2014, 06:43:21 am »

WW, you need to shoot. This has gone on for way too long already.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
Re: M52: Death Note Mafia
« Reply #749 on: November 09, 2014, 01:04:21 am »

XP reread while at work. I might of missed stuff

Wait, is Eevee really in this game? I'm pretty sure he hasn't pposted

I saw EgorK say he'll be VLA, but I don't know if Eevee has an excuse. I'd say getting the discussion going again is probably more important than whatever you'd gain by holding back.

e is over-defending himself like crazy! It's interesting he continues to do it even after people specifically voted him for it, but I don't remember him reacting like this as town before so vote: e if I wasn't already.

Policy vote: Eevee

for making the most annoying argument in the world.

I'm also fine with ww, but isn't often that scum gets run up to L-1 but the hammer is hard to produce?

I guess I'd rank ww/eevee as better "lynches" than eevee, but whatever.

I'm going to

vote: ww

because e doesn't seem to be happening and I like the case on him better than the one on eevee.

I'm not willing to lynch anyone but them. Although EgorK and Hydrad look scummy to me, I think one of those three is better because if they flip town they'll be more useful for us.

Those are the posts that it looks like xp is talking about eevee. I can't give much words on this as I'm at work but I figured I should post something to get this game moving. Once I'm done work I can try to look this over and give more feedback on it.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 41  All

Page created in 0.337 seconds with 20 queries.