Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 41  All

Author Topic: M52: Death Note Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 141594 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: M52: Death Note Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #700 on: November 04, 2014, 11:55:23 am »

and with "this discussion" i of course mean this very recent discussion with teproc, not the one with WW. not that there is any reason anyone would understand something else, but you never know...

Axxle2

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: November 04, 2014, 08:38:53 pm »

I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: November 05, 2014, 06:34:06 am »

Prods sent.
i feel so violated

That's the extent of what you're willing to contribute to this game huh ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: November 05, 2014, 07:38:06 am »

Prods sent.
i feel so violated

That's the extent of what you're willing to contribute to this game huh ?

Well, he can contribute more if he is town, because after we shoot him he will have to shoot someone else.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: November 05, 2014, 04:29:09 pm »

Vote Count 3.1

Axxle2 (2): 2.71828, Teproc
XerxesPraelor (1): Hydrad
sudgy (2): silverspawn, XerxesPraelor

Not Voting (4): Axxle2, sudgy, EgorK, Witherweaver

Day 3 ends at 2pm FT on November 9th.

nothing has changed here.  That is bad.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: November 05, 2014, 05:33:02 pm »

vote: e

Is that better?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: November 05, 2014, 05:33:56 pm »

you were already voting.  so no, it doesn't.  try again

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: November 05, 2014, 05:34:29 pm »

you were already voting.  so no, it doesn'tisn't.  try again

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: November 05, 2014, 05:38:09 pm »

I will say that my towny read on e is going stronger. scum is happy that this game was stalling and I like that e is really trying to get it going again. I know this could easily be faked but thats not the feeling I'm getting from him
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: November 05, 2014, 06:41:44 pm »

If people don't know what to do this game : reread whoever you're voting for and look for their interactions with Eevee. Come back with your results, discuss.

Or, if you don't have a vote on someone, vote. It's insane to me that sudgy, Axxle and Egork are not voting after more than a week of day 3. THey can't all be scum (well actually they can but that's unlikely), so some townies are screwing us over b not playing the game which lets scum hang back and watch the town do nothing.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: November 05, 2014, 07:03:31 pm »

For simplicity, you should be figuring who off the Eevee wagon is the best lynch.  That should have happened yesterday, too, I would say.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: November 05, 2014, 07:09:26 pm »

Well no one is voting for anyone on the Eevee wagon so...

I guess XP is voting for e actually. Ok, we're not lynching e today, probably not silverspawn either I guess, that doesn't actually change much.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: November 05, 2014, 08:51:33 pm »

Let's get Axxle2 to start posting. vote: Axxle2

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: November 06, 2014, 05:02:16 am »

good plan

vote: Axxle2

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: November 06, 2014, 12:01:44 pm »

Vote: Axxle2
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: November 06, 2014, 01:10:34 pm »

I was really freaked out about that being the hammer until I realized that if that was a derphammer, ww doesn't have to shoot.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: November 06, 2014, 01:24:00 pm »

It is a hammer. WW, thoughts ?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: November 06, 2014, 01:26:44 pm »

More talking should be done.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: November 06, 2014, 01:43:09 pm »

I was all pro Axxle lyncg D1 when he was active because integral part of lynching him was the fact he would be good notebearer if he flips town. Now I am not that convinced in this notion

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: November 06, 2014, 01:48:03 pm »

I was all pro Axxle lyncg D1 when he was active because integral part of lynching him was the fact he would be good notebearer if he flips town. Now I am not that convinced in this notion

Not really a great reason to lynch somebody.  Also realize, the new notebearer doesn't gain anything from the lynch (he already knew he was town), whereas everyone else gets a new piece of information.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: November 06, 2014, 03:49:48 pm »

For simplicity, you should be figuring who off the Eevee wagon is the best lynch.  That should have happened yesterday, too, I would say.

Ok.  Axxle2 and Eevee.  Both haven't posted a bunch, so here are all their interactions!

eevee on Axxle2:
The glorious return of Axxle2!
Your friendly neighborhood eevee doing what he does as town or scum.

I see Axxle got my notes from our chat session about flooding the thread as scum to make it unreadable. Nice.
Eevee commenting (in a somewhat negative way with slight "i think you are scum" setup sort of way) on Axxle2's opening posts that were massive quote blocks with jokes and reads and stuff.

As I said, Axxle also seems to be trying too hard for my likening, but I've always found him one of the hardest guys to read, so who knows.
Again, non-committal sort of "I think you are scum" type of post. 

Axxle2 on eevee:
I see Axxle got my notes from our chat session about flooding the thread as scum to make it unreadable. Nice.
:-[

Don't confuse Axxle2 with Axxle though. Axxle2 plays like an Olympic racing shoe: fast and loose.
Axxle2 replying with humor to eevee's mild attack on him.

so, shouldn't we do something to get this game going, in, like, a meaningful way?

I think... uh... I am really towny? that's my only read so far.
Shoot:
XP
e
sudgy
EgorK

Shoot after:
Teproc
Hydrad
Eevee

Don't shoot:
Witherweaver
silverspawn
Eevee makes the "shoot after" list.  But Axxle2 also has WW on the "don't shoot" list, which was correct.

e is over-defending himself like crazy! It's interesting he continues to do it even after people specifically voted him for it, but I don't remember him reacting like this as town before so vote: e if I wasn't already.
Mmmm, not really. He's the biggest wagon and now that people have put out cases and now he can respond to them. I mean I guess he could be searching for scum but that's just a bit more antitown than scummy.
Attacks eevee's case against me.  Even though I was higher on his list of targets.  So defending someone he views as scummy (or at least slightly scummy) against a case that he doesn't like.

e is over-defending himself like crazy! It's interesting he continues to do it even after people specifically voted him for it, but I don't remember him reacting like this as town before so vote: e if I wasn't already.

Policy vote: Eevee

for making the most annoying argument in the world.

I'm also fine with ww, but isn't often that scum gets run up to L-1 but the hammer is hard to produce?
What do you mean? Overdefending yourself is a valid scumtell.
If he had like one vote for him that's overdefensive. But he's almost lynched.
Again, attacking eevee's case against me.

Conclusion:

I think that Axxle2's interactions with eevee could very well come from a scumbuddy.  From putting him on the "shoot after" list to taking the opposite side (kind of?) when it came to voting for me.  At least pointing out that eevee's case was pretty weak.

However, eevee's interaction with Axxle2 don't seem like they are from a scumbuddy.  I just don't see the whole non-committal "throw this out there and see if it sticks" sort of scumread that eevee seemed to give out on Axxle2 to be the type of read that scum would put on their buddy.  Which makes me think that an Axxle2 lynch wouldn't actually be the best thing in the world.

Sudgy came back with an opportunistic vote for Axxle2 with no explanation!  lets go back to vote: sudgy.

unfortunately, now I need to go read his interactions with eevee.....

fortunately that shouldn't be too hard.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: November 06, 2014, 04:02:38 pm »

Eevee on sudgy:

Sudgy on Eevee:
I think overdefending is a valid scumtell.  I haven't seen e do it too much, I'll have to re-look at things.
Doesn't specifically mention eevee, just his argument against me.  He is on team-eevee here.

I could probably go for WW or Eevee.  I can see the cases in both of them, but I'm not too excited about it.  I don't really see e.  If I have time, I will reread and such.

Also, I don't see why you guys say overdefending isn't a scumtell.  I myself was caught by it once.
"not really excited" about the case on eevee.  Supports overdefending as a valid scumtell, but seem doesn't think that I overdefended, as he doesn't see me as scum.

Because, I was at "shoot-1" which seems like it would be big enough to merit a comment.

When they aren't actual votes, it makes it less huge...

Sudgy voting Axxle strikes me as odd..

That was an old vote, I thought of maybe switching to Eevee but I still wasn't too sure.

We should do some reads analysis in relation to Eevee.  I would think scum would be perfectly fine bussing with four scum, so I actually think the people who were the strongest on his case are the ones who would be the most scummy.  I don't think all scum did so, but I think at least one did.

Mentions doing reads analysis in relation to eevee here (after eevee has been shot).  He also just throws out there (for the benefit of everyone) that he was considering voting for eevee.  Well, isn't that nice.  He also says we should look on-wagon for scum. 

conclusion:

Eevee did not post anything at all about sudgy.  And sudgy posted barely anything at all about eevee.  Based on these interactions I definitely like voing sudgy more than Axxle2

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 06, 2014, 04:02:49 pm »

Not really a great reason to lynch somebody.  Also realize, the new notebearer doesn't gain anything from the lynch (he already knew he was town), whereas everyone else gets a new piece of information.

As standalone reason - yes, of course. As collateral to decision - why not? Also I do not see how second sentence of your post is releveant to what I said

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: November 06, 2014, 04:07:04 pm »

As standalone reason - yes, of course. As collateral to decision - why not? Also I do not see how second sentence of your post is releveant to what I said

I'm just pointing out that even though someone would be a good Notebearer, he is in a sense disadvantaged compared to everyone else once he becomes the Notebearer.  I didn't actually think about that aspect until today started and realized "hey, I'm no closer to validating my suspicions from yesterday".

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: November 06, 2014, 04:08:14 pm »

You convinced me actually.

vote : sudgy

@WW : I feel the same way since I ended up realizing you were town on day 2.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 41  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.