Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41  All

Author Topic: M52: Death Note Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 141843 times)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M52: Death Note Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #475 on: October 24, 2014, 05:22:28 pm »

I think XP meant Axxle's playstyle is easy for him to replicate as scum, ie his play is very similar in both alignments.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 24, 2014, 05:22:54 pm »

so right now

sudgy > EgorK > Witherweaver > XP > Teproc > Axxle2 > e > Hydrad > me

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 24, 2014, 05:23:14 pm »

I think XP meant Axxle's playstyle is easy for him to replicate as scum, ie his play is very similar in both alignments.

that'd make a lot more sense. and no idea if it's true.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 24, 2014, 05:25:52 pm »

Oh, and please say ASoIaF mafia, not GoT. There was a GoT mafia a while ago (my first game actually).

XP blending in is somewhat unusual, possibly scummy. I think WW commented on that already on day 1.

e... I'm not sure I've seen him as scum, and we started around the same time... he was probably scum in some RMM game but I can't remember it.

Oh yeah he was scum in a blitz game, I talkes about that already actually. He was very talkative but a bit non-commital as I recall.

PPE : It is true, Axxle is insanely hard to catch because of this, you have to rely on interactions.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 24, 2014, 05:30:40 pm »

I actually like XP better than Hydrad.. I have to hold back my Hydrad reads somewhat because I always want to lynch him.   But I would go for either today.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: October 24, 2014, 05:34:11 pm »

I actually like XP better than Hydrad.. I have to hold back my Hydrad reads somewhat because I always want to lynch him.   But I would go for either today.

nah, let's lynch some lurkers. I dont think I've ever had a real lyrker lynch, except PPS in ASOIAFM, and he was my partner. *pout*

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 24, 2014, 05:35:35 pm »

That was a lurker lynch, some of us had a scum read on him. Well, maybe half the wagon, but the half that counts !

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: October 24, 2014, 05:35:49 pm »

I meant that wasn't* a lurker lynch.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 24, 2014, 05:38:10 pm »

Okay, I'm not exactly sure why I haven't posted much - I guess I just never Fletcher in the right mood. I do have some things to say, though. Based on reads, I think e looks a little better because he's on the wagon, but I still think he could definitely be scum. WW today suddenly looks towny to me, and I don't know what happened. It's probably something unrelated to the game changing. Most of the time when I think someone's scum, they continue looking scummy till they die, but ww is making sense recently. We'll see how this goes. Silverspawn always looks scummy to me, so I guess I'm not the right one to decide about him, but FWIW he looks scummy this game too. Sudgy and EgorK are both scummy lurkers; I don't know how to pick who to lynch first (or whether there are better lynches).

PPE: I wrote a ton and I'm not going to respond more now!

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: October 24, 2014, 05:39:08 pm »

Yup. The style isn't a town tell - scum Axxle2 would do that too. The content is what matters.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 24, 2014, 05:41:41 pm »

so right now

sudgy > EgorK > Witherweaver > XP > Teproc > Axxle2 > e > Hydrad > me

For me, sudgy/EgorK/ww/e > Hydrad/silverspawn > Axxle2 >>> Teproc >> me

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: October 24, 2014, 05:45:16 pm »

Oh, and please say ASoIaF mafia, not GoT. There was a GoT mafia a while ago (my first game actually).

XP blending in is somewhat unusual, possibly scummy. I think WW commented on that already on day 1.

e... I'm not sure I've seen him as scum, and we started around the same time... he was probably scum in some RMM game but I can't remember it.

Oh yeah he was scum in a blitz game, I talkes about that already actually. He was very talkative but a bit non-commital as I recall.

PPE : It is true, Axxle is insanely hard to catch because of this, you have to rely on interactions.

I'm pretty sure blending in is something that depends on other people, not me. Maybe people are just getting used to how I play.

E was also scum in the village Mafia with ash - I don't remember him very much there, the game went really quickly.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 25, 2014, 03:28:29 am »

Why people keep saying that random lynching would lead to >50% win rate at the start of the game? This is just not true, that was ~42%. I can run my program on 7-3 split to see what chances are now

PPE: some

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 25, 2014, 03:33:13 am »

Ok, reread silver post and I misunderstood him. Current chnces with random shootings are 57% btw

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: October 25, 2014, 03:49:56 am »

About Hydrad. He made himself extremly hard to read as he feels scummy as hell when he is town. I am yet to see scum Hydrad (probably this game?), but overall I can't read him :(

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: October 25, 2014, 02:22:49 pm »

About Hydrad. He made himself extremly hard to read as he feels scummy as hell when he is town. I am yet to see scum Hydrad (probably this game?), but overall I can't read him :(

I'm sorry. I'm not trying to be scummy...
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 25, 2014, 05:06:11 pm »

okay, scum!WW reread

Reply 33 - asks if scum has daycheat. What a way to fake a townslip. I did the exact same thing in ASOIAFM
Reply 41 - votes for me
Reply 42 - basically un-RVS's his vote and says I'm scummy for my initial posts, where I was asking why I wasn't the notebearer
Reply 48 - makes a joke. Not a very good one. Is this a scumtell?
Reply 56 - gives his opinion about why ADK is the notebearer
Reply 69 - says he's not concerned about being shot, because that'd make him the new notebearer. Or would it?
Reply 72 - doesn't understand a joke. how cute.
Reply 92 - Laughs at Teproc
Reply 121 - votes for e because he "tries to look like he has a towny plan"
Reply 185 - says I'm white Knighting
Reply 187 - self votes, because he likes Teproc's argument
Reply 210 - says that e is town if I'm scum. I'm not scum, so e IS SCUM???? oh wait, that doesn't work.
Reply 216 - votes for e again.
Reply 262 -
Vote: Eevee

When in doubt, sheep the people that want to lynch you.

That's S-1, I think.
Reply 277
I mean the Eevee lynch is fine but the deafening silence I've been getting with trying to get a wagon on WW is making me feel really good about lynching him.

Still no one ?

Well scum!me only has three other partners, so there are still six Town other than you that aren't lighting their torches to march on my door just as much as my scum partners are not.  That's twice as many not my scum partners as my scum partners.

Or it could be that I've been presenting myself as an easy "mislynch" and scum doesn't want to take the bait.

PPE: I laughed last time you voted for me right?  I think so.  I'll do it again: Muwahahahaha
Reply 285 - Discusses the Eevee wagon.
Reply 381 (first reply after the kill) includes a smiley. other than that, boring. Put posting smileys after the shot, that either shows or fakes good mood
Reply 385 - votes Hydrad, because it's about time
Reply 387+ - some legit wagon analysis
Reply 409 - votes for XP, because he was on bad wagons, and left the Eevee wagon. I think these are good reasons
Reply 439 - votes for Hydrad again, because Teproc said he'd reread him? mh.

Scummy things, mostly just the fact that he's more bouncy/crazy than normal. the self vote was weird

but he was on the Eevee wagon. I actually don't want to shoot anyone from the Eevee wagon today.

Axxle2

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 26, 2014, 02:38:15 pm »

Back from my heavy vla, still mobile posting but everything should be completely back to normal tonight. Reading now though.
I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other.

Axxle2

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 26, 2014, 02:39:11 pm »

I haven't posted at all since then? Embarrassing.
I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 26, 2014, 05:16:56 pm »

I said I'd reread this WE so... I'm rereading now, instead of playing Civ BE !

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M52: Death Note Mafia
« Reply #495 on: October 26, 2014, 05:35:57 pm »

silverspawn being self-aware is indeed very normal for him, which is why I was asking sudgy if he had played with him.

This post by e reminds me of that blitz game where he was scum though. Just saying obvious stuff about everyone, not actually taking any position, keeping your options open.

vote: e

I think teproc makes some good points here, but leading questions are at the very least annoying and at the worst scummy. It's not a big deal though, just something I'll remember.

By "leading question" you're referring to my question to sudgy earlier where I asked him if he had played with silverspawn ? Because that wasn't a leading question.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 26, 2014, 05:38:04 pm »

Wait, is Eevee really in this game? I'm pretty sure he hasn't pposted

Obviously this must have some relevance. I'm not sure how much though, since I had made a similar comment about Eevee a few posts before that. I'd still count it as town points for XP, who wouldn't necessarily realize that Eevee had not posted at all in the main thread.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 26, 2014, 05:42:26 pm »

Yea, I was VLA, just read the entire thread now.

Vote: e

I didn't so much like the original case, but his post of quoting all the votes on him and giving a lengthy response felt way out of proportion, which I feel usually comes from scum. I don't have a strong opinion on WW, self-meta stuff is always labeled as scummy, but I think at least for myself it's actually town tell.

I see Axxle got my notes from our chat session about flooding the thread as scum to make it unreadable. Nice.

This is basically Eevee's first post. The e wagon is near peak at this point, so there's already be some movement towards WW (me, then WW self-voted, then ADK policy voted WW).

Not sure. Rereading so far, I'm getting a really strong scum read on e, and Eevee is definitely the type of player who will happily bus in this kind of situation (see : the blitz game where e was scum I keep talking about). I think this is Eevee bussing.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 26, 2014, 05:45:05 pm »

I like XP a bit more as town for his catchup posts, fyi. He can switch with Hydrad in the later pile.

I find this very townie.

Here's why : Axxle entered the game with catch-up posts of his own, in a slightly different format but still similar in nature to what XP did. I think it is a town trait to find people townie for doing the same thing as you.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 26, 2014, 05:46:13 pm »

To clarify : obviously scum can decide to find people townie for that, but when you're scum and you see someone doing what you're doing, your first instinct is to go "hah, that guy is doing something scummy !", not "I should have a town read on him since we're playing the same way".
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41  All

Page created in 0.368 seconds with 20 queries.