Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41  All

Author Topic: M52: Death Note Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 140408 times)

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
Re: M52: Death Note Mafia
« Reply #375 on: October 19, 2014, 10:16:39 am »

yea. BAM. *SCREAAM*. someone is about to die. although I have no idea how you can die by shooting. maybe the gun... explodes? BOOM.

PEE: oh. okay. nice!

not a gun. a note book :D. and uh you die by... accidentally writing your name down for some reason?
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: M52: Death Note Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #376 on: October 19, 2014, 10:18:46 am »

you just write "the bad guy," and if the notebook doesn't like you, well that's unfortunate.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 19, 2014, 10:24:54 am »

okay, a few things in no particular order. first

I see Axxle got my notes from our chat session about flooding the thread as scum to make it unreadable. Nice.

Eevee posted this. Does this mean that Axxle is not scum? Probably not. Does this mean he is scum, and Eevee thought that, if he flips, it'd give him town credit, because he wouldn't dare referencing his true ally? that's some WIFOM right here. well, it probably just means nothing. Most likely he saw this opportunity for a joke, and went for it, regardless of anyone's alignment. Trying to look not-worried and that stuff.

Second, I knew there was scum on the e wagon. Here we already have one. I'm confident that there's more. Probably not too much though. So, we don't necessarily have to shoot someone on-wagon next.

Third, if Eevee was scum, it means he might have made/influenced the decision to make ADK the notebearer. So, why would he do that? Do Eevee and ADK have any history together? is ADK particularly good at reading Eevee or something?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 19, 2014, 10:31:51 am »

hmm also I guess that makes WW townier in my book. I think I'm going for sudgy now for scummyness

Vote: sudgy
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 19, 2014, 10:55:28 am »

Third, if Eevee was scum, it means he might have made/influenced the decision to make ADK the notebearer. So, why would he do that? Do Eevee and ADK have any history together? is ADK particularly good at reading Eevee or something?

I think that scum didn't put a ton of thought into choosing the notebearer. I know I wouldn't have much to go on with it. The biggest thing is I think they may have thought that ADK would follow the majority and they felt like they could influence the majority pretty well? Thats my only real idea.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 19, 2014, 11:23:59 am »

wait does mafia have daychat then if there are no nights? I don't see any mention of this in the first few posts.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 19, 2014, 11:31:21 am »

I never understand why people doubt my towniness :P

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 19, 2014, 11:33:08 am »

wait does mafia have daychat then if there are no nights? I don't see any mention of this in the first few posts.

Except, like, my very first post.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 19, 2014, 11:34:03 am »

Except, like, my very first post.

oh i ctrl+f the whole game for the word daychat and only saw teproc mention it for a different format. I must of missed you posting that. Sorry

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 19, 2014, 11:46:29 am »

also I think we are in a extremely good spot now. I wasn't expecting us to hit scum day1 with almost half the people other then the IC being scum. Now that they have under a third of the people it should be easier for us to not be swayed incorrectly

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 19, 2014, 11:48:11 am »

So it's about that time of the game where I

Vote: Hydrad

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 19, 2014, 11:51:14 am »

It just doesn't feel right without it!

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 19, 2014, 11:51:24 am »

So this was the last vote count

So this is where we stand right now.  ADK said he would be shooting in about an hour or so. 

Vote Count 1.2.71828

Eevee (3): 2.71828....., Witherweaver, Teproc
2.71828..... (1): Eevee
Axxle2 (2): sudgy, EgorK
Hydrad (1): Axxle2
Witherweaver (2): Hydrad, XerxesPraelor
Sudgy (1): silverspawn

Not Voting (1): A Drowned Kernel

So right now we are looking at eevee getting shot.  I don't really see a ton of movement happening up until the point that ADK shoots.

After that, Silver switched to Eevee.  Town points?  I guess.. maybe he had to, or he could have gone for me, but that would be back-peddling his previous read on me.  Probably looks good for him now.  And then ADK shot Eevee.  So the final "count" would be

Vote Count WW.e:

Eevee (3): 2.71828....., Witherweaver, Teproc, Silverspawn, ADK
2.71828..... (1): Eevee
Axxle2 (2): sudgy, EgorK
Hydrad (1): Axxle2
Witherweaver (2): Hydrad, XerxesPraelor

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 19, 2014, 11:54:41 am »

Sudgy voting Axxle strikes me as odd..

Would Teproc move to Eevee as a partner?  My guess is not. Though he may have felt he wouldn't be able to push my case.. he seemed discouraged that it didn't get scheme.  Still, Teproc and Silver look a bit townier from this.

Of note.. would scum be more or less likely to bus in this setup?  There are four, so maybe they feel they can sacrifice one for distance?  Also, day chat is something to keep in mind.. they can coordinate bussing, wagon-driving, etc.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 19, 2014, 11:57:53 am »

I don't think I should get any town points for switching to Eevee last minute, because he already had the most votes. Rather for the fact that I previously said Eevee is my favorite among the list of lynches that aren't solely based on lurking, and really only switched in the first place because I tried to make a lurker lynch happen.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: October 19, 2014, 12:02:38 pm »

I don't think I should get any town points for switching to Eevee last minute, because he already had the most votes. Rather for the fact that I previously said Eevee is my favorite among the list of lynches that aren't solely based on lurking, and really only switched in the first place because I tried to make a lurker lynch happen.

He had the most votes, but only by one.  He was at 3, I was at 2.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 19, 2014, 12:06:33 pm »

also a fun thing that I thought I would post. unless WW is scum my reads the past few games have been horrible. I did much better when I got super influenced by everyone in my first few games. Whenever I try to sound confident and pick someone on my own I'm wrong...

and yes I know people will probably find this scummy somehow. I just wanted to post it anyways.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 19, 2014, 12:09:11 pm »

also a fun thing that I thought I would post. unless WW is scum my reads the past few games have been horrible. I did much better when I got super influenced by everyone in my first few games. Whenever I try to sound confident and pick someone on my own I'm wrong...

and yes I know people will probably find this scummy somehow. I just wanted to post it anyways.

For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a  tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 19, 2014, 12:13:51 pm »

actually I think sudgy and XP are my highest too reads right now. I'm guessing at least one scum would be on WW to try and save eevee from getting killed.

XP was the one with me.

I'm equally willing to go sudgy or XP right now.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 19, 2014, 12:33:00 pm »

I'm still up for a lurker lynch. If anything, the fact that we're in a comfortable lead only makes it more attractive. And we even have sort of a case for Sudgy. Plus, voting for axxle2 is really lame. "He could be a good notebearer" sounds an awful lot like an excuse for scum to vote for him.

and EgorK has kind of stopped lurking, so

vote: Sudgy

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 19, 2014, 12:38:37 pm »

also I thought I should double check. This is a serious vote right? I'm assuming it is but when you put the "this is the time of the game where I" part it makes me think there is a chance your just joking around. Basically I just want you to confirm or not if this is a real vote.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 19, 2014, 01:49:36 pm »

Nice.  We are in a great position right now.

significant (people who seemed most likely to get shot) D1 wagons:

Eevee: silverspawn, e, XP, Teproc, WW, silverspawn, Teproc, silverspawn
Final votes (4): 2.71828....., Witherweaver, Teproc, Silverspawn

e: Teproc, WW, Axxle2, XP, XP, Hydrad, Eevee, WW (S-1), eevee (revote)
Final votes (1): Eevee

WW: Teproc, XP, XP, Teproc, WW (self-vote), ADK (response to WW's self-vote), Hydrad, XP
Final votes (2): Hydrad, XerxesPraelor

Never voting on these wagons: Sudgy, EgorK
Final votes off wagon (3): Sudgy, EgorK, Axxle2

Things to note: 
- XP voted on each of these wagons.  Several times for some of them.  He is also the only person that left the eevee wagon without returning to it.  I think this is actually somewhat scummy of him.  Basically, dancing around the popular wagons, but when the final vote came in he was not on the scummy one.  (that we know)
- WW voted on each of these wagons, including his own.  I am still not sure what to make of the WW self-vote.  Self-voting is anti-town, but it does not mean you are scum.  WW knows this.  He is also a good scum player.  He put me at S-1, and put eevee at S-2 (even though he thought it was S-1 at the time).  I am very wary of the jovial, joking WW, partly because I don't remember seeing it in previous games.  Even his vote on eevee was tinged with this humor: "When in doubt, sheep the people that want to lynch you." Yeah, I don't like it.  vote: WW
- silverspawn.  The only person of the three major targets that he voted for was eevee.  But he bounced around a bunch of other random votes in between.  But always came back to eevee.  He was clearly against voting for me, and put feelers out to see if anything would stick on Hydrad, EgorK, and Sudgy.  He also says almost nothing about WW except that "he's probably above readable for me, so I don't really know."  If WW turns out to be scum as well, I think silverspawn is good target, but until then I think that his voting record against eevee is good enough to give me a town vibe on him for today.
- What do we do with the lurkers?  Specifically sudgy and EgorK.  I really didn't like sudgy's "I haven't seen anything big enough to comment on" at the end of D1.  He has received a couple votes early on today, and I think we need to make sure that he has something to talk about, so I will join the vote: sudgy wagon.  EgorK did up his activity yesterday, I just hope it continues today.  He has never been one of the most active players, a lot of that probably having to do with time difference so I don't see anything particularly scummy about him, but I don't have any reason to believe he is town either.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 19, 2014, 03:15:12 pm »

Because, I was at "shoot-1" which seems like it would be big enough to merit a comment.

When they aren't actual votes, it makes it less huge...

Sudgy voting Axxle strikes me as odd..

That was an old vote, I thought of maybe switching to Eevee but I still wasn't too sure.

We should do some reads analysis in relation to Eevee.  I would think scum would be perfectly fine bussing with four scum, so I actually think the people who were the strongest on his case are the ones who would be the most scummy.  I don't think all scum did so, but I think at least one did.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 19, 2014, 04:51:36 pm »

Sup. Eevee reread is waranted, through it would not be that long it seems. I am more interested in rereading other people talking about eevee though

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 19, 2014, 08:26:04 pm »

Awesome !

Off the top of my head, sudgy probably looks the scummiest based on Eevee's flip.

I still think WW has a decent chance of being scum.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.