Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 41  All

Author Topic: M52: Death Note Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 140896 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: M52: Death Note Mafia
« Reply #325 on: October 18, 2014, 11:36:33 am »

You're pushing us away from lynching lurkers. Now I agree we have better choices now, but we can't just let scum lurk to victory. Still, that was probably better saved until after we know that you're scum - not much use speculating now.

I don't know how you got that from what I posted.  First, I am pushing an eevee lynch, someone who I consider to be lurking this game.  Next, I state that posting a lot gives me a townie impression of that person.  My conclusion was (maybe not explicitly stated) that we do not need to concern ourselves overmuch about lynching lurkers, because as the days progress they will rise to the top as scum.

Which is definitely not "pushing us away from lynching lurkers"
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 18, 2014, 11:41:23 am »

Why you do not want to kill Axxle?

why do you want to shoot Axxle?  I mean, you haven't actually presented anything resembling a case about him.

I've presented my case. But question was not directed at you but at silver. He contends that voting for Axxle is scummy for some reason, I want to know why

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 18, 2014, 11:42:37 am »

I still don't get your thought process, but it looks like I made a mistake there. That ferocity does look scummy though.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 18, 2014, 11:43:25 am »

Ok you're right, I'm surprised by this, Eevee has felt a lot more present this game than sudgy for example.

I think lurking is pretty null by the way, and I don't see a reason why we should or should kill lurkers, since whoever gets the kill doesn't matter if we still use a lynching system, which people seem to forget we agreed to at the beginning of this game.

Had we? I think that was solely ADK decision. And he even said that he is now not sure if he would do it

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 18, 2014, 11:43:50 am »

why do you want to shoot Axxle?  I mean, you haven't actually presented anything resembling a case about him.

I've presented my case. But question was not directed at you but at silver. He contends that voting for Axxle is scummy for some reason, I want to know why

It's scummy because you have a strong vote on someone who won't be lynched today with basically no case.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: October 18, 2014, 11:44:27 am »

Interesting read so far, especcially Axlle. Actually if he is really good at vig then vote: Axxle2 as he seems to be hard to read so can be scum as well

I am almost willing to join silverspawn in voting for you just because you called this a "case" against Axxle2.  I would call that a gut feeling more than a case.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 18, 2014, 11:45:46 am »

I still don't get your thought process, but it looks like I made a mistake there. That ferocity does look scummy though.

I just don't like being misunderstood.  :P

(emoticons are ok since Robz isn't playing, right?)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 18, 2014, 11:48:30 am »

The fallacy here is one that we always run into : no thing is inherently scummy.

If mail-mi lurks, is it scummy ? Nope. But if I lurk, well it's unusual at least, so maybe it is scummy.

e, you just said you get town reads on people from just posting... which is exactly why scum would want to be active.

Basically you can't say lurking is scummy or that it's townie. You can say that a specific person lurking is scummy (might be true for Eevee actually) though.

Then there's the policy lynch argument. Lurking may not be scummy, but it clearly is anti-town. I don't believe in policy lynching, but at least I can understand that particular argument.

In any case, I'm obviously favoring a WW lynch though I'm fine with Eevee. Not enthusiastic about e, but not particularly confident he's town either.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 18, 2014, 11:49:15 am »

Why should I want to kill Axxle? It's the first time I'm playing with him. My impression is that he's active, good at this game, and pretty hilarious. None of that is a reason to kill, or not to kill him (in this format, shooting someone who's good is a double edged sword). So, I'm null on him.

And yea, there's no case. Not from you at least. I think WW made one.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 18, 2014, 12:00:02 pm »

Vote Count 1.7

Eevee (2): 2.71828....., Witherweaver
2.71828..... (1): Eevee
Axxle2 (2): sudgy, EgorK
Hydrad (1): Axxle2
Witherweaver (3): Teproc, Hydrad, XerxesPraelor
EgorK (1): silverspawn

Not Voting (1): A Drowned Kernel

Day 1 ends at 2pm FT on October 19th.

Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 18, 2014, 12:27:50 pm »

Up to a point, anti-town should be scummy - we'd rather have people get town points for pro-town actions than for anti-town ones.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 18, 2014, 12:47:39 pm »

Up to a point, anti-town should be scummy - we'd rather have people get town points for pro-town actions than for anti-town ones.

That's the idea behind policy lynching yes.

Me, I try to win this game, not make it easier for town in future games.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 18, 2014, 02:11:06 pm »

That's the idea behind policy lynching yes.

Me, I try to win this game, not make it easier for town in future games.

And because of that, you'll do worse in this game too. The fact that that's the way you work is hurting you now.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 18, 2014, 02:12:55 pm »

Not sure if that made any sense - basically, what you decide to have your decision process be affects things, even if your actual decision process doesn't matter.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 18, 2014, 02:53:48 pm »

I don't follow.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 18, 2014, 02:59:50 pm »

Subtract the last process - typo.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 18, 2014, 03:01:36 pm »

I still don't see how my not wanting to policy lynch people is reducing my ability to win this game ? Policy lynching is obviously worse at finding scum than normal lynching is, that's why I don't do it.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 18, 2014, 03:03:20 pm »

I still don't see how my not wanting to policy lynch people is reducing my ability to win this game ? Policy lynching is obviously worse at finding scum than normal lynching is, that's why I don't do it.

but it's like an investment in future games, isn't it? isn't that worth something too?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 18, 2014, 03:04:30 pm »

but it's like an investment in future games, isn't it? isn't that worth something too?

Only if you always roll town.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 18, 2014, 03:20:57 pm »

Only if you always roll town.

As long as you don't lurk as scum, it's not a disadvantage as scum. Well, I guess your partners could be lurking.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: October 18, 2014, 03:27:17 pm »

I usually go for lurker lynches when I don't have a person that I find very scummy at the moment. In my mind I start going to one of the lurkers since they are harder to read and if I'm getting a towny vibe from everyone else I'm more likely to vote for a lurker.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 18, 2014, 03:28:25 pm »

I mena if you think everyone sounds townie that's a fine thing to do, I happen to think most people sound scummy in this game.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 18, 2014, 03:36:48 pm »

well time is running out, and noone except me wants to do Egork, so I'll go for the next best thing

vote: Eevee

that's mostly due to e's posts

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 18, 2014, 03:37:40 pm »

I mena if you think everyone sounds townie that's a fine thing to do, I happen to think most people sound scummy in this game.

Ya if you have multiple scum reads this game personally I would oppose lurker lynches then.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 18, 2014, 04:31:50 pm »

It's scummy because you have a strong vote on someone who won't be lynched today with basically no case.

I had little time this week otherwise I would write up expanded case. I just think that current wagons are really weak, through D1 wagons rarely strong. Also there is no need to switch to avoid no lynch in this game so I would switch if I would think I can push through lynch of someone who is more scummy to me. In a meantime I would try to reread some people. Whu sudgy never got heat for his lurkness like me or eevee?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 41  All

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 20 queries.