Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 41  All

Author Topic: M52: Death Note Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 140760 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: M52: Death Note Mafia
« Reply #275 on: October 16, 2014, 11:39:22 am »

I have no defense.

.. because I don't know why you are suspecting me. Can someone help me?

I think it's of interest that Eevee doesn't defend himself.. he somewhat backed himself into a corner with the "e is overdefending" argument, so if he comes off as defensive here, people can throw that argument back to him.  This is something he'd definitely be conscious of as scum.  Would he be conscious of it as town, too?  Well, probably, so this isn't damning or anything.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 16, 2014, 11:41:47 am »

I have no defense.

.. because I don't know why you are suspecting me. Can someone help me?

I think it's of interest that Eevee doesn't defend himself.. he somewhat backed himself into a corner with the "e is overdefending" argument, so if he comes off as defensive here, people can throw that argument back to him.  This is something he'd definitely be conscious of as scum.  Would he be conscious of it as town, too?  Well, probably, so this isn't damning or anything.

This is such a specious argument. You're better than this.

vote : WW

I've rarely been so confident about someone being scum.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 16, 2014, 11:42:18 am »

I mean the Eevee lynch is fine but the deafening silence I've been getting with trying to get a wagon on WW is making me feel really good about lynching him.

Still no one ?

Well scum!me only has three other partners, so there are still six Town other than you that aren't lighting their torches to march on my door just as much as my scum partners are not.  That's twice as many not my scum partners as my scum partners.

Or it could be that I've been presenting myself as an easy "mislynch" and scum doesn't want to take the bait.

PPE: I laughed last time you voted for me right?  I think so.  I'll do it again: Muwahahahaha

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 16, 2014, 11:43:29 am »

I mean ok, you kind of get out of it by the end of your post here, but this is not something town!WW posts. You follow the line of thought, realize it's worth nothing, and don't post it.

But here it allows you to give some fuel to the Eevee wagon in case someone actually thinks it's scummy.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 16, 2014, 11:44:10 am »

You're such an easy mislynch that I'm the only one voting for you, ever.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 16, 2014, 11:46:29 am »

I mean ok, you kind of get out of it by the end of your post here, but this is not something town!WW posts. You follow the line of thought, realize it's worth nothing, and don't post it.

But here it allows you to give some fuel to the Eevee wagon in case someone actually thinks it's scummy.

Not true.  As scum I would know whether or not it's wroth anything, and if it isn't (or I couldn't spin it), I would not post it.  As Town I don't know if it's not worth anything.  If you pay attention to me* I'm more likely to post weak things as town than as scum.  a) As town you're not in danger of being "found out", so you don't have to be careful and second guess things you type.  b) You don't actually know what's going to turn out correct in the end.

*You know you've never been right about my alignment?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 16, 2014, 11:47:39 am »

You're such an easy mislynch that I'm the only one voting for you, ever.

And that also makes me think you're town.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 16, 2014, 11:48:47 am »

I am aware of that, yes.

Actually it's not true, I made you an IC in ASoIaF. But yes. Still.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 16, 2014, 11:50:32 am »

I am aware of that, yes.

Actually it's not true, I made you an IC in ASoIaF. But yes. Still.

Oh, yeah, well, a bit of an edge case.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 16, 2014, 11:53:44 am »

I mean the Eevee lynch is fine but the deafening silence I've been getting with trying to get a wagon on WW is making me feel really good about lynching him.

Still no one ?

Well scum!me only has three other partners, so there are still six Town other than you that aren't lighting their torches to march on my door just as much as my scum partners are not.  That's twice as many not my scum partners as my scum partners.

Or it could be that I've been presenting myself as an easy "mislynch" and scum doesn't want to take the bait.

PPE: I laughed last time you voted for me right?  I think so.  I'll do it again: Muwahahahaha

You guys remember what you said about my early posts reminding you all of scum!e in that blitz game?  Well, this post reminds me of that.  Talking about yourself as scum, making jokes, just generally assuming you are above suspicion.  Now, WW is an experienced scum player, and as far as I recall never did anything like this.  But I don't know, I might be talked into a WW vote. 

First I want to hear from eevee though.  I also totally disagree with what WW said about eevee backing himself into a corner over the whole "defending" thing.  Because at L-2 (which is where he used to be) I would expect some defense.  Of some sort.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 16, 2014, 11:57:42 am »

Still no one ?

You guys remember what you said about my early posts reminding you all of scum!e in that blitz game?  Well, this post reminds me of that.  Talking about yourself as scum, making jokes, just generally assuming you are above suspicion.  Now, WW is an experienced scum player, and as far as I recall never did anything like this.  But I don't know, I might be talked into a WW vote. 

First I want to hear from eevee though.  I also totally disagree with what WW said about eevee backing himself into a corner over the whole "defending" thing.  Because at L-2 (which is where he used to be) I would expect some defense.  Of some sort.

That was kind of my point.  Scum!Eevee thinks he has to respond to his quickly growing wagon (I voted right after Teproc).  But he also thinks, "Hmm.. I'm arguing for a mislynch (unlikely you're both scum) by claiming e is being overly defensive.  If I start acting really defensive, my argument against e will look worse.  Maybe I should take a different route."  Town might not stop to think how defending would make them look and simply defend.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 16, 2014, 11:57:49 am »

On a different note, we need more than this from EgorK:

It seems I'll be vla till monday. I hope you won't generate something like agot d1 volume in the meantime :)
Interesting read so far, especcially Axlle. Actually if he is really good at vig then vote: Axxle2 as he seems to be hard to read so can be scum as well
Honestly its just a thought and a pretty lame one. But this game has a higher then 50% winrate if town just randomly shoots someone every time.

It might be better to just ignore votes and stuff as mafia can influence it so much.

Unless I forgot how to code actual town chances are about 43% using random votes (and yes, I had accounted for notebearer no shooting himself)
Go for Axxle. We either eleminate hard to read scum or get good vig
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 16, 2014, 12:05:11 pm »

Still no one ?

That was kind of my point.  Scum!Eevee thinks he has to respond to his quickly growing wagon (I voted right after Teproc).  But he also thinks, "Hmm.. I'm arguing for a mislynch (unlikely you're both scum) by claiming e is being overly defensive.  If I start acting really defensive, my argument against e will look worse.  Maybe I should take a different route."  Town might not stop to think how defending would make them look and simply defend.

So eevee is scum because he is thinking too much about undermining his case against me?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 16, 2014, 12:05:51 pm »

It's possible, yeah.  It would definitely pop into my head if I were in that situation.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 16, 2014, 12:06:23 pm »

This is completely ignoring the fact that "what's the case against me because I don't see it" IS a defense, one that Eevee often uses actually.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 16, 2014, 12:07:17 pm »

I could probably go for WW or Eevee.  I can see the cases in both of them, but I'm not too excited about it.  I don't really see e.  If I have time, I will reread and such.

Also, I don't see why you guys say overdefending isn't a scumtell.  I myself was caught by it once.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 16, 2014, 12:08:22 pm »

This is completely ignoring the fact that "what's the case against me because I don't see it" IS a defense, one that Eevee often uses actually.

Eh, it's like defense-light.  I wasn't aware that he uses it often, though.

So you think he's Town now?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 16, 2014, 12:09:31 pm »

No, I'm just saying that the whole "he's afraid to defend himself because of his case on e" argument is wrong.

Axxle2

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 16, 2014, 03:49:33 pm »

I'm going to be out of the country for about a week and a half starting tomorrow, so I'll be pretty VLA.
I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 16, 2014, 11:43:29 pm »

Eevee : for me it's simple. You're being lazy, going for an easy case and overstating it by saying that overedefending yourself is a scum tell (it's been proven time and time again that it isn't) and you just generally feel off.

You also felt completely off to me when I was spectating James Bond though, so... I don't know, you're not my preferred lynch, but why not.
What? No it hasn't. Who could it even be proved?

Look, I get that some people always react to pressure more strongly than others. However, strong reactions to early day 1 pressure, especially those colored with "hey, those reasons for thinking I'm scum suck!!" have very often been overplaying scum in the past. It's hard to keep things in context when you are super self-conscious about appearing towny.

I totally admit to being lazy though, I was totally off the grid for the first 8 pages of the game, after which we've stalled pretty badly which has made it harder to really get into the swing of things.

e underlined the reasons pretty well. I of course agree with you guys that being at L-2 merits a response. I'm almost glad, being made to defend yourself is one of the easiest ways of getting yourself immersed in the game.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 17, 2014, 08:52:14 am »

So tell me if I worng. We currently has like 3 cases (aside from Axxle):

• e for hedging and overdefending
  • eevee for jumping easy case and lurking
  • WW case by Teproc

Had I missed anything?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 17, 2014, 04:25:21 pm »

I'm pretty sure there is at least one scum in e or WW. but e's wagon got high really quickly. I think thats something more likely to happen as town. I'm going to go to

Vote: WW

Also its pretty much time for WW to be scum again i think.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 17, 2014, 04:43:28 pm »

I of course agree with you guys that being at L-2 merits a response. I'm almost glad, being made to defend yourself is one of the easiest ways of getting yourself immersed in the game.

And.....?

The defense......?

So that is a reason to vote WW?  Or are you sheeping Teproc's vote and like his reasoning behind thinking WW is scum?

ADK is going to shoot someone in roughly 36 hours.  We need to get some movement in this game.  Unfortunately, I might not be around the rest of the day, but will be around tomorrow.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 17, 2014, 04:58:49 pm »

I'm pretty sure there is at least one scum in e or WW. but e's wagon got high really quickly. I think thats something more likely to happen as town. I'm going to go to

"Pretty sure" ... why?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 17, 2014, 05:00:02 pm »

"Pretty sure" ... why?

Nah thats not the real reason I'm voting you. Just felt like putting it in there.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 41  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.