Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 41  All

Author Topic: M52: Death Note Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 140414 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: M52: Death Note Mafia
« Reply #150 on: October 11, 2014, 05:11:21 am »

so, shouldn't we do something to get this game going, in, like, a meaningful way?

I think... uh... I am really towny? that's my only read so far.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 11, 2014, 09:06:54 am »

I actuall agree with that. I think e and Axxle are scummy, WW a little too.

WHo else is in this game ? Egork and... sudgy right ? Still missing someone I think.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 11, 2014, 09:08:29 am »

Eevee is in this game ?

XP and Hydrad too, I remember them, they're kinda townie.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 11, 2014, 09:10:56 am »

vote: Eeevee for lurking?

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 11, 2014, 09:20:53 am »

Sure, I have 3 votes for me to be the next notebearer, so I might as well respond to them.

silverspawn being self-aware is indeed very normal for him, which is why I was asking sudgy if he had played with him.

This post by e reminds me of that blitz game where he was scum though. Just saying obvious stuff about everyone, not actually taking any position, keeping your options open.

vote: e

Comparing this game to a blitz game?  I guess that is the only scum performance you have to go back to (except village mafia, but I don't really count that) so I guess that is fair, but really?  I mean, yeah, I was being open-ended and that makes it harder to get reads on a person later in the game, but it was still the first day.  I try to keep my options open but then when I think I have found scum I will go for it.  Like when I went after Archetype in Toy Story.  Or Faust in Dynasty Warriors.  When I think I have found scum you will be sure to know. 

Really, I could do the same thing with your play style.  All you do is throw around votes looking for something to stick.  First you vote WW because he is overly self-aware.  Then you vote for me because my first post is a little wishy-washy without content.  But this time it has actually stuck around a bit and picked up two more votes.  Congrats!  Now your scum partners can slowly fill up the wagon and "lynch" me. 

Vote: e

Gut instinct of someone trying to look like they have a townie plan.

(I actually think the shooting Axxle idea is good, but for some reason I don't trust e saying it.)

Are you saying my vote on Axxle2 was me trying to come up with a townie plan for us?  Because that vote was not entirely serious.  While it does have merit in my opinion (Axxle2 has not had a lot of content so far but has posted a ton, mostly jokes.  Which seems like an easy thing for scum to do to get town cred) I wasn't trying to come up with some master plan.

(I actually think the shooting Axxle idea is good, but for some reason I don't trust e saying it.)
Yeah, I've been thinking that e was worth the vote, and I think the wagon has started taking steam

This is a classic "third in the wagon" comfortable vote.  Not a very suspicious place to be, but still makes it a real wagon rather than a couple of votes.  Makes me like my vote on Axxle2 more.

PPE:3
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 11, 2014, 09:47:57 am »

I don't think it's fair to say Axxle doesnt' have a lot of content. It's hard to analyze content, but it still counts, very much so.

I actually think the comparaison to blitz games is very relevant here, because we are facing a pool of VTs with a huge proportion of scum in it. I would say this setup is more similar to a blitz game than it is to a normal game with something like a ++ setup.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 11, 2014, 10:04:18 am »

yea, but you don't take blitz games very seriously, do you?

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 11, 2014, 10:08:17 am »

yea, but you don't take blitz games very seriously, do you?

That probably varies person to person.  I know I did not take it as seriously as a regular game.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 11, 2014, 11:00:05 am »

If anything, I actually take blitz games more seriously than norma games. They're very tense !

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 11, 2014, 11:15:37 am »

my first game was blitz, and e got lynched in the first few hours for no reason, and then I got lynched even though noone really thought I was scum. It felt very bastardish.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 11, 2014, 11:16:46 am »

Was it the usual blitz setup ? The one where there are two ICs and three scum out of 9 people and you have to lynch two scum to win ?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 11, 2014, 11:25:13 am »

OK I just checked and it was another setup, so I don't know about that.

The setup I'm talking about which we've used a lot for blitz games has 9 players, a 3-man scum team, 2  ICs and a White Flag mechanic (you only need to lynch two scum to win). Oh and scum has daychat. It's the awesomest and it is similar to this setup in the sense that scum is heavy in numbers and can manipulate lynches, a lot.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 11, 2014, 01:50:31 pm »

And I may go crazy and start rapid firing.

Trying to intimidate us into not shooting you ?

PPE : Nevermind

No, trying to make you think that so that you will shoot me, so that I get the gun.

Rereading now

I'm still trying to figure out to what extent this is serious. In any case, it's definitely really self-conscious, which feels out of character for ww.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 11, 2014, 01:56:03 pm »

Teproc, sudgy, XP, do have any thoughts on why scum might have picked me?

(I have stuff to say about the other stuff that's going on, btw, but my strategy as IC here is to hang back at the start)

Probably either because you tend to not catch them or because they know we'll think that and so suspect other people more. I think we should just flow with it - the voting system makes it basically not a problem at all.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 11, 2014, 01:58:51 pm »

I kinda like this game mode though. Even if you get "mislynched" you still get to play. Although I feel kinda bad for ADK as he might get kicked out day 1.

This post feels towny to me - scum might not have the same emotional reaction.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 11, 2014, 02:02:00 pm »

Hey guys.  Good to be back in the game. 

ADK is the IC I see.  I am totally fine with him creating whatever deadline works best for him.  silverspawn and WW are extremely self-aware, which is cool but not necessarily scummy (never played with silverspawn, but from what I have watched of his play that seems pretty normal).  Teproc seems like his usual self (as far as I remember).  Keeping track of votes for wagons and helping direct the kill sounds very reasonable. 

This post looks like it says something but doesn't actually do anything but approve of already consensus things. vote: e

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 11, 2014, 02:05:50 pm »

silverspawn being self-aware is indeed very normal for him, which is why I was asking sudgy if he had played with him.

This post by e reminds me of that blitz game where he was scum though. Just saying obvious stuff about everyone, not actually taking any position, keeping your options open.

I think teproc makes some good points here, but leading questions are at the very least annoying and at the worst scummy. It's not a big deal though, just something I'll remember.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 11, 2014, 02:08:34 pm »

Yes, I kept my options open with my first post of the game, rather than immediately voting for someone like you did.

You don't care about keeping your options open as town. I mean, you can always change your vote.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 11, 2014, 02:32:39 pm »

Scum or town, e was very probably joking. Trying to turn this into a case is scummy. vote: witherweaver

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 11, 2014, 02:33:44 pm »

I hope Axxle is town. But we don't need him to be the gunbearer, we can just let him decide whom to shoot anyway. But that's for ADK to decide.

Silverspawn has the right idea here. (Unless axxle2 is scum)

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 11, 2014, 02:36:56 pm »

Actually, I like Axxle2.  Vote: Axxle2

As a lynch, or as a shooter? If you think he has good reads, then just vote for whoever he finds scummy - that way ADK doesn't die for nothing. I could see a case that he's hard to read and so a good target, though. Is that what you mean?

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 11, 2014, 02:41:21 pm »

I just realized that the terrible thing about this setup is that we can't just shoot lurkers for the hell of it, since if we shoot wrong they get the book. Wheeeeee...
This is a good point, and means that we need to put more non-voting pressure on lurkers to compensate. I'm not sure how to do that, though, without making people who really can't post much get unfairly targeted. Any ideas?

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 11, 2014, 02:43:39 pm »

so, shouldn't we do something to get this game going, in, like, a meaningful way?

I think... uh... I am really towny? that's my only read so far.

I guess the thing about your username slowed it down. I'm trying now to provoke enough people to get something happening.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 11, 2014, 02:50:02 pm »

Sure, I have 3 votes for me to be the next notebearer, so I might as well respond to them.

Comparing this game to a blitz game?  I guess that is the only scum performance you have to go back to (except village mafia, but I don't really count that) so I guess that is fair, but really?  I mean, yeah, I was being open-ended and that makes it harder to get reads on a person later in the game, but it was still the first day.  I try to keep my options open but then when I think I have found scum I will go for it.  Like when I went after Archetype in Toy Story.  Or Faust in Dynasty Warriors.  When I think I have found scum you will be sure to know. 

Really, I could do the same thing with your play style.  All you do is throw around votes looking for something to stick.  First you vote WW because he is overly self-aware.  Then you vote for me because my first post is a little wishy-washy without content.  But this time it has actually stuck around a bit and picked up two more votes.  Congrats!  Now your scum partners can slowly fill up the wagon and "lynch" me. 

Are you saying my vote on Axxle2 was me trying to come up with a townie plan for us?  Because that vote was not entirely serious.  While it does have merit in my opinion (Axxle2 has not had a lot of content so far but has posted a ton, mostly jokes.  Which seems like an easy thing for scum to do to get town cred) I wasn't trying to come up with some master plan.

Yeah, I've been thinking that e was worth the vote, and I think the wagon has started taking steam

This is a classic "third in the wagon" comfortable vote.  Not a very suspicious place to be, but still makes it a real wagon rather than a couple of votes.  Makes me like my vote on Axxle2 more.

PPE:3

I both think e's reaction to the first bit here is a bit of an overreaction (it's not shown, but the word count of the 'rebuttal' is large compared to how much it actually refutes) but I also think Axxle2's playstyle would be easy to copy, and he hasn't really done anything to deserve town credit. Still, I think vote: e is the best option here.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 11, 2014, 07:21:00 pm »

... I tried!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 41  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 21 queries.