Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Rules for 7 Wonders: Babel now available  (Read 1790 times)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
Rules for 7 Wonders: Babel now available
« on: October 02, 2014, 02:30:43 am »
+1

English rules here.

It looks more interesting than I thought it would be.  The Tower module looks like it could be really disruptive, notably:

- a tile that makes wonders free to build
- a tile that disables Trading Post, Marketplace, Caravansery and Forum
- a tile that disables the Age I mixed resources and the Age II double resources
- a tile that converts the single resources into INFINITE RESOURCES
- tiles that buff or nerf military VP values

A lot of shenanigans to be had here.

The Great Projects module is pretty neat too.  The rewards can be very powerful while the penalties can hurt a lot.

Overall, I like how much replayability the expansion adds.  Given how game-changing some of these effects are, each game can feel very different depending on what Tower tiles are built and which Projects are selected.  It remains to be seen whether the game-changing effects are fun or if they just feel too chaotic.

dan11295

• Navigator
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
Re: Rules for 7 Wonders: Babel now available
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 08:25:47 pm »
+1

Played a couple of games with this last night. A Few observations:

1. The tile that disables the mixed/double resources seems to result in multiple Babel tiles being played shortly after to try to cover it up as multiple players tent to be hurt a lot by it. This is a good tile to hold until later and if you either don't have those resources and/or playing a strategy that doesn't involve them (i.e. science chaining) you can play it late to hurt other players. On the other side, if you are played Giza (B in particular), for example you can take this just to make sure it doesn't get played.

2. The tile at allows you to chain neighbors cards isn't that useful IMHO. I am not likely to want to start building science in age 2. The other cards that chain mostly do not require that many resources. Very situational use.

3. The Great Projects can mess with you because they can force you to build something you don't otherwise want two (i.e. Military) to avoid a penalty. Have not played with leaders+this, but would appear losing all your money at the end of the round would be more painful here, as unless you can build leaders for free you are forced to pitch one for money instead of building it.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.389 seconds with 20 queries.