Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Idle games  (Read 1552 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
Idle games
« on: September 28, 2014, 11:23:27 am »

So Cookie Clicker has it's own thread, but what about other idle games? I got bored with Cookie Clicker after a few days, and since then I've gotten hooked on a few other similar games.

Currently the only one I have running is AdVenture Capitalist (on Kongregate). I recently hit 2K of everything; 418 tredecillion angel investors.

At one point I had 3 separate games running though...  I played Idle Blacksmith up until I reached the max level of everything (before it starts just adding numbers to the names of the things). That one had some neat strategy of trying to even-out the levels of your different productions.

In terms of games that are somewhat idle, but have a lot more to offer... A Dark Room and Candy Box (and Candy Box 2) are all awesome games.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
Re: Idle games
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 11:30:54 am »

I try all the new idle games as they pop up in "hot new games" on Kongregate but I don't think I've played any for more than about 2 days when I realise it's no different to any of the others and all I'm doing is spending my numbers to increase my numbers slightly faster. They're all fun in the beginning but as soon as you have to wait an hour before you can do anything new I lose interest.

The ones I have played for longer are the ones that actually have things to do other than making your numbers go up. A Dark Room and Candy Box (1 and 2) are pretty much the only ones I've found and enjoyed for any considerable period of time.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
Re: Idle games
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 02:27:16 pm »
+1

I stopped playing Progress Quest after I caught myself staring at the progress for like an hour or so. Since then I haven't really tried any idle games.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.582 seconds with 21 queries.